View previous topic : View next topic  

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 17:48 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn thats a big group, hope there is no more breakdowns Very Happy

Matt B
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:06 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday we split and did two different trips out. One group went out to the St. Bernard pass. I went with the group heading for Lac Leman via part of the Route des Grandes Alps. Truly excellent riding and stunning scenery.

https://i.imgur.com/iZlwRYj.jpg

Stopped on the south shore of the Lake at Thonon-les-Bains.

https://i.imgur.com/WkAaQZu.jpg

Then onto a nice little beach for lunch.

https://i.imgur.com/XJLa8RA.jpg

Today was not so great. The group split and 6 of us started heading back up. We had to get through Switzerland avoiding the tolls and up to Montbeliard. Again some stunning scenery around the eastern side of the lake and lots of perfect Swiss roads.

https://i.imgur.com/laKFlSP.jpg

However, we were plagued with road closures and diversions. I stopped counting when we got to 6 routes closed we needed to be on. One of the diversions added probably 20 miles on poor, slow roads. Our 6 hour day turned into 9.5 hours! We got to the hotel just as it started raining.

Into Germany tomorrow to pick up the bottom of the B500.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually been finding that Switzerland is generally a shit place to ride a bike, away from the mountain roads. But those certainly make up for it!
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:15 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last heard from 5 days ago. What happened?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:43 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Last heard from 5 days ago. What happened?

Probs deaded. I mean, I hope not, but probs deaded, or maybe thrown in the slammer for 1+ kittens killed.

more plausibly, They are having a whale of a time and cba for bcf nonsense till back in the real world.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know they're all back safely.

I would imagine they're trying to get their lives back into some sort of order despite full body aches and post-trip hangovers.

We'll hear back over the coming days with some sweet ass pictures and stories Thumbs Up

-Matt-
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not all back yet Razz.

Half the groups back in the UK now - we had to split into two groups because of work/holiday schedules etc.

Think everyone would agree its been brilliant overall - not completely incident free Laughing but its not really impacted the trip at all and everyones fine.

Can't be arsed to do a mega-thread this year but i'll pop up some scenic photos once our lot gets home Thumbs Up.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:41 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My comment in Where you been thread

Haven't edited or deleted photos, just dumped into imgbox having had the photobucket issues and then trying to find a suitable alternative.

Thumbnails seem to load quite quick considering how many there are.

If its a ballache for the thread / people etc, let me know and I'll remove them.

Thanks to everyone for being legends. Thanks to MattB for navigating a path of awesomeness and the giggles.
Very Zen too Wink

Seems a long time ago already Sad

Somebody said, don't be sad its over, be happy it happened Very Happy

EDIT:

Images removed on request due to ongoing shenanigans.

Asked to remove specific ones, but 80 links, can't be arsed to pick through them

Last edited by Pigeon on 21:08 - 26 Jul 2017; edited 2 times in total

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:23 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Cool AF. Cant give enough Karma! I would love to get involved next time! Photos are a great snapshot, looking forward to reading the stories! Would also be great to get a username to a face.

Seems like there were plenty of lunges going on. I hope all went well and everyone / every bike made it back in one piece.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:06 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks bloody epic Pigeon, my man. Great set of photos.

How the hell does Ollie squat so low in leather trousers though?! Shocked

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

haroman666 wrote:
Looks bloody epic Pigeon, my man. Great set of photos.

How the hell does Ollie squat so low in leather trousers though?! Shocked

Dan, you would have loved it. Although two booming VTR's probably would have resulted in the collapse of the Alps Laughing

You are right. Ollie is a great advert for squat photobombing. Should bring out his own fitness video.

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:41 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mega trip was mega!

Despite being on an underpowered 600, the R6 toured well, and the Kreiga setup was perfect for the trip, so glad i bought it!

most of the key points have been covered in the posts above, but a couple of things that I gleaned from the trip are as follows:

riding on the wrong side of the road came easily (actually, it was harder switching back on our return Laughing )

a cramp buster is essential!

don't pack your waterproofs in the kriega - you get very wet unpacking them.....

Campanile, F1, Ibis budget and premiere classe hotels are great. german convents are not - don't upset ze german nuns, they get very cross very quick Rolling Eyes

if your chain is getting towards the end of it's life, and you're going on a 2000 mile roadtrip, get it changed before you go (i'm looking at you Doovy Wink )

take trousers with sliders if you're going into the alps Sad

dont forget your hi viz, and definitely dont forget your false tooth (i was a gappy twat all week Embarassed )

other than that, the trip was a great intro to eurojollying. The guys were all awesome, and there was loads of banter going on. the scenery and roads were great, and the post ride beers were very welcome.

when's the next one?? Mr. Green Cool

i'll chuck some pictures on here as soon as ive sorted through the 7000+ that ive taken Laughing

Lee

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:04 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

groovylee wrote:
...F1.... hotels are great.

You are having a laugh, right?! Laughing

Encore please! Very Happy All these hints and teasers are killing me! I never heard of the cat that got 15 tongues in one go Rolling Eyes

groovylee
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably Laughing there weren't any F1s on this trip Laughing

Current - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000R & 1999 Kawasaki ZX6R
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 254 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2