Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Charlie's Army

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
skatefreak wrote:

Since when did 'stupid' gain so much traction Shocked.

Ever since the media decided it would be good idea to stick cameras in their faces and validate them, making them think there opinion is wanted / relevant.

Also social media allows stupid people to become organised.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:49 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
If there is nothing GOSH can do for him except switch off life support and let nature take its course I wonder why the parents can't be indulged with a donation-funded trip across the Atlantic even if it will certainly lead to the same end?

Because every terminally ill kids parent will expect the same. I don't want to sound like a c**t but it costs a small fortune keeping a child in intensive care, plus I wonder who paid for all those court cases?

You said they've come up with over a million for the treatment, so I meant if there is no cost to the taxpayer and travelling to the US is the only thing that will satisfy the parents, allow them to arrange it, pay for it and take the poor child. At least this will end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 12:49 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only disappointed that you didn't call this thread 'Charlies Angels'.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:08 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
You said they've come up with over a million for the treatment, so I meant if there is no cost to the taxpayer and travelling to the US is the only thing that will satisfy the parents, allow them to arrange it, pay for it and take the poor child. At least this will end.

Someone has: https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-to-save-charlies-life As with that article I linked to, bawwing normally ensues when it comes to spending that money. I've not followed the timeline close enough to know when they had the money, I believe it's fairly recently they reached that total. I also have to suspect there would be costs to the NHS/taxpayer in getting him to the US.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Someone has: https://www.gofundme.com/please-help-to-save-charlies-life As with that article I linked to, bawwing normally ensues when it comes to spending that money. I've not followed the timeline close enough to know when they had the money, I believe it's fairly recently they reached that total. I also have to suspect there would be costs to the NHS/taxpayer in getting him to the US.

Mark him as "Collection Only" and let the Americans pay.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Mark him as "Collection Only" and let the Americans pay.

Popemobile to the airport and Trumps jet to the US perhaps Thinking

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be harder-hearted than I realised, I can't seem to get worked up over a random sick kid. I can throw my considerable weight about on behalf of the Royal Brompton being under threat of closure with the current CHD initiative but when it comes to one random kid, I'm all a bit "meh" about it.

Maybe I've not read enough bleating social media on the subject.
You know the kind, the stuff written by the kind of people who write he's instead of his.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble is nowadays people must say the 'right' thing or be vilified.

Saying that we should turn off the kids life support is not saying the 'right' thing and any newsperson/interviewer is not going to say anything that will get the howling mob on his back and probable sacking.

Ever since the 'multicultural' fiasco where if you said anything against it you were a racist it's been the loudest mob setting the standard.

I bet if you had a closed vote at least 80% of the population would say to let him die with dignity, but that 80% are not the howlers who feel they are the moral code enforcers of the country.

Social media has a lot to answer for.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly in this case it seems the 'right thing' is a weak, short sighted, knee jerk reaction that could lead to more pain and suffering for the patient only to ease the parents emotionally unstable psyche (hardly fair or reasonable).

I'm still finding it hard to get over the parents juvenile behaviour in front of the cameras, demonising the hospital , giving the impression they 'have it in for Charlie', deliberately mis-informing/mis-representing the facts to provoke outrage because it does seem, he who shout's loudest is believed by the sheeple...

WTF do these people think gives them the qualifications, experience and expertise in neurological science to be taken seriously when they are questioning the professional medical staff that have been dealing with Charlie?

Do people even stop to question this or does the act of coitus miraculously give these two decades of expertise in Charlies condition, brain damage and ethics?...

</rant>

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:

This little baby is brain damaged to the point he cannot even perform the most basic of functions to survive (ie breath), let alone see/hear/move/swallow or even qualify for being 'conscious' and yet his little body is pumped full of morphine incase the little fella is wracked with pain day in and day out.

Open your miiiiinnnd....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efbw8j4f5wtan08/openyourmind.jpg?raw=1

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 15:50 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do feel so for the poor parents who passed on this genetic condition and I'm sure that they will take steps to not do so again.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:57 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I must be harder-hearted than I realised, I can't seem to get worked up over a random sick kid. I can throw my considerable weight about on behalf of the Royal Brompton being under threat of closure with the current CHD initiative but when it comes to one random kid, I'm all a bit "meh" about it.

Maybe I've not read enough bleating social media on the subject.
You know the kind, the stuff written by the kind of people who write he's instead of his.

Well there isn't really a person there, and there never really was. A person is in the mind, not the body. There isn't a huge difference between this baby and an aborted baby. They may as well just have sex and make another one because realistically there isn't a "person" to save.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:14 - 11 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
[plus I wonder who paid for all those court cases? .

Its the Colonials over the ponds pro-life brigade. They've got their creationist teeth into it and see the poor child as lever to get themselves publicity. They're bound to be bombarding the parents with psuedo-sensible medical crap from on message "experts".

I feel sorry for the parents. They're being used and led to believe there's a treatment. But its not a treatment the child would get. The child would just be getting used as an experiment. The docs are quite right to say no to that.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie's army has gone militant: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40691478

Wonderful Rolling Eyes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
skatefreak wrote:

This little baby is brain damaged to the point he cannot even perform the most basic of functions to survive (ie breath), let alone see/hear/move/swallow or even qualify for being 'conscious' and yet his little body is pumped full of morphine incase the little fella is wracked with pain day in and day out.

Open your miiiiinnnd....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/efbw8j4f5wtan08/openyourmind.jpg?raw=1

BCF, start the reactor...

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Charlie's army has gone militant: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40691478

Wonderful Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing

They're not going to do anything really though are they.

The hypocrisy is off the scale.

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't all of the nurses looking after him just go on strike, then the yanks can come and pick him up. At least we could stop reading about it.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:50 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it was my kid then I would do all I could, but we are already playing God by keeping him alive, but there again I was a blue baby when I was born and needed medical help, my children were born by section so saving the children and the mother. Where do start and stop? Do we let nature take it's course? That's me gone. Do we through all medical resources at the child and see what happens? A live human lab rat?

I'm glad I don't have to choose. However if the parents want to take the child around the world funded by others why should we stop them?

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:52 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
if it was my kid then I would do all I could, but we are already playing God by keeping him alive, but there again I was a blue baby when I was born and needed medical help, my children were born by section so saving the children and the mother. Where do start and stop? Do we let nature take it's course? That's me gone. Do we through all medical resources at the child and see what happens? A live human lab rat?

I'm glad I don't have to choose. However if the parents want to take the child around the world funded by others why should we stop them?

I must be honest. I have no problem with him being taken to the States provided there is no cost to the tax payer.

My moral question would be, how do we know he isn't in constant pain already?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't, that's why they're keeping him drugged up just in case. The parents are f'ing idiots and don't have the child's best interest at heart, no one would want their kid to live as a vegetable.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think parental love can be very irrational and is necessarily intense. That kind of love comes with the territory but the medics also care and their desire to prevent suffering is just as real. I think what we're seeing here is a clash between the two equally important examples of humanity which sadly clash in such circumstances. Whats really sick and idiotic is the outsiders wading in to exploit the situation. They're the real arseoles in this.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:51 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting to be proved right when they do the daytime telly, daily rag tour. They might have already, I have no interest in such things.

Bricktop
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:34 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not been following this due to my utter disinterest in the children of strangers (My favourite memes are ones about the drowned Syrian kid).

But Something Roger said piqued my interest. Is this the same kid that the media went mental about a few years with respect to that proton treatment thing?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I'm waiting to be proved right when they do the daytime telly, daily rag tour. They might have already, I have no interest in such things.

Its inevitable.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bricktop wrote:
I've not been following this due to my utter disinterest in the children of strangers (My favourite memes are ones about the drowned Syrian kid).

But Something Roger said piqued my interest. Is this the same kid that the media went mental about a few years with respect to that proton treatment thing?

No. HTH.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 269 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8