Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Charlie's Army

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 19:54 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Charlie's army has gone militant: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40691478

Wonderful Rolling Eyes

I find it more concerning there are people who support these institutions getting ahead of themselves.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:01 - 23 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jmoan wrote:
M.C wrote:
Charlie's army has gone militant: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/40691478

Wonderful Rolling Eyes

I find it more concerning there are people who support these institutions getting ahead of themselves.

GOSH? Don't forget the parents didn't have the money for treatment until fairly recently. They were basically fighting the hospitals professional opinion, and still are. Now it's a let us take our potato baby to America argument, when very recently the parents wanted to take him home to die.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:50 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parents have today, decided to unplug him after all.

I suspect meetings behind the scenes have finally persuaded them that he is beyond treatment.

Problem is, as it's being reported, that they are blaming the hospital for "denying him a chance".

In view of the fantastic work that the staff and doctors at GOSH do, and the fact that those professionals kept him alive after his diagnosis, I just hope the parents make a statement that is appropriate in recognizing what was done for Charlie, not what wasn't (in their eyes).

Then I hope they will disappear for good. Pair of prats.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:05 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I think they'll have a few more moments in the daytime talk show limelight, maybe even lobby for a Baby Charlie's Law. Doesn't really matter what, just something about flying high and being a fighter.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:34 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
The parents have today, decided to unplug him after all.

I suspect meetings behind the scenes have finally persuaded them that he is beyond treatment.

Problem is, as it's being reported, that they are blaming the hospital for "denying him a chance".

In view of the fantastic work that the staff and doctors at GOSH do, and the fact that those professionals kept him alive after his diagnosis, I just hope the parents make a statement that is appropriate in recognizing what was done for Charlie, not what wasn't (in their eyes).

Then I hope they will disappear for good. Pair of prats.

Sounds like that's exactly what they have done: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-40708343

New scan confirms baby's potato, even the doctor offering the treatment has had to admit it will be a waste of time.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:04 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawsuit in 3... 2...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would be stupid to try. Too many eminent doctors have said there was no hope. A few quacks and charlatans leading them on by the nose. Evil or Very Mad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll milk the daytime TV/hello magazine audience, then use some of that donation money to take a well deserved and much needed holiday... followed by a big TV, and a house.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been one big (extremely successful) scam. Charlie apparently suffered a 17 day bout of brain seizures in January, fundraising launched January 30th Rolling Eyes

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:21 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
They'll milk the daytime TV/hello magazine audience, then use some of that donation money to take a well deserved and much needed holiday... followed by a big TV, and a house.

Apparently they've had 1.3 million donated to them. Shocked

They're setting up a foundation in his memory (got to keep that money rolling in). Book deal in 3, 2, 1......

Johnnythefox
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:51 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parents should sue whoever gave Charlie an inherited medical condition.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:
M.C wrote:

They're setting up a foundation in his memory (got to keep that money rolling in). Book deal in 3, 2, 1......

Large sums of money as well from individuals, apparently some woman gave 40k. I wonder if they'll be asking for a refund Laughing

I found this article f'ing hilarious, remember that stupid tattoo thing following the Manchester bombing? Very Happy https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40198272

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:07 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

You mean those two unmarried people? I wonder whose name it's in, and how long it'll be before they realise that they're not with their soul-mate after all.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 10:09 - 25 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:26 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugeye_bob wrote:

that isnt true though is it, thats what the latest court hearing "is" about, there have been a few children that have recovered or the treatment has done what it says, they talk about a young girl who had the same treatment and can now ride a bike and walk etc,

One of the expert has also said that there is a chance it could work which is contrary to what was reported earlier by GOSH,
their original reason for not allowing the treatment was he was too ill too travel now,
I dont think the parents are claiming to know more then the doctors, but feel the treatment that is out there( experimental) provides hope were there is none, and with Doctors who do the testing saying it could help,

How many parents don`t really care about their children, some just see them as a way to get more dole money,
these parents do care, and wish to offer their son the best chances,

How much has this cost? . . that money could have helped a lot of other children,

It almost looks like GOSH made their mind up and did everything to make sure what they wanted happened, but at the end of the day they are their to offer the parents advice, they arent there to be God,

Look at another recent case where a Hospital said that the proton treatment was dangerous, wouldnt work etc,
that childs parents ended up in prison for a short time for trying to get their child the best treatment . . . that treatment has worked.

Still an idiot I see Thumbs Up Excellent work.

Don't worry, they'll spend your twenty quid donation very sensibly.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Wafer_Thin_Ham wrote:

You mean those two unmarried people? I wonder whose name it's in, and how long it'll be before they realise that they're not with their soul-mate after all.

They've got a unique genetic cash cow going on, why would they stop? For the sake of their offspring?

https://ekladata.com/etF8ByibwqMYzV1iZVjcgGDnhtE.jpg
- This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:32 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allegedly they'll setup a foundation, I'm guessing to help the other 15 known case worldwide. Now they know how he should die: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40716292 ...and they're claiming they'll be able to cover private medical care, tapping into that money already then?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or pay their mortgage off...

Dead kid = Free house in todays fucked up blame culture if you can get the press involved.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:05 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Angles.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/28/charlie-gard-dies-babyslife-support-withdrawn-hospice-parents/

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:34 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to sound like a dick, but lets face it I've been doing a pretty good job up to now, any estimates on how much all that cost? Lets not forget he was potato'd in January.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:00 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid died. It's proof that prayer really does work Laughing

No more hearing about charlie and his exploitative wh0reb4sard parents Dance! Pass the popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
No more hearing about charlie and his exploitative wh0reb4sard parents Dance! Pass the popcorn

If only Crying or Very sad Thankfully I don't partake in chav news weekly so should hopefully be sheltered from it all Praying

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:22 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Naa, they will be doing a tour of the day time TV for a while yet etc etc etc. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 28 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving how bnp72 tries to swing it around to blackies. Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 265 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8