Rainbow flag.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:02 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
What the actual fuck is the "intersex" option?

Rolling Eyes

It's a thing, obvs.

I worked with someone intersex once. In the 1980's, so before it became fashionable.

She (very much to to untrained eye, a woman albeit, a hairy one) said she had both a vagina and a penis. Both on the small side she said.

I politely declined the invitation to have a look.

She never told me where her balls were though, maybe in her handbag? Next to her ovaries? Her parents had decided when she was an infant to bring her up as a girl. Did I mention she was hairy?

She was very serious about this, I'm sure she was telling the truth but I started looking for a new job soon after she told me this. So never got to find out how her story turned out.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is Queer is back in fashion and not a derogatory term anymore?

Oh FFS, they'll be glorifying Pooftah soon!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:36 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
I worked with someone intersex once. In the 1980's, so before it became fashionable.

She (very much to to untrained eye, a woman albeit, a hairy one) said she had both a vagina and a penis. Both on the small side she said.

She never told me where her balls were though, maybe in her handbag? Next to her ovaries? Her parents had decided when she was an infant to bring her up as a girl. Did I mention she was hairy?

I wonder if they were intersex or a hermaphrodite.

So it's time to ask Google what the difference is.

"Hermaphrodites are living things that have fully functioning sets of “male” AND “female” reproductive anatomy – either at the same time, or at different times during their life cycles. They include various species of plants, fish, mollusks, and other little beasties, but not humans. It’s biologically impossible for humans to have full, functional sets of “M” and “F” reproductive anatomy, so we aren’t hermaphrodites.

Intersex people, on the other hand, are those that have a mix of traits traditionally considered “male” or “female” – and sometimes, traits that are atypical for males or females – in the same body. For example, I have breasts and a vagina (“F” traits) and also have XY chromosomes and was born with testes (“M” traits). Some intersex people may also have traits such as ovoteses (gonads with both testicular and ovarian tissue), chromosome types like XXY, or a phalloclitoris that is sometimes described as a large clitoris or a small penis."

I'm not sure that really answers the question and I didn't need to know the difference between interesex and hermaphrodites and the chances are you probably didn't need or want to know either. But you can't unread it now. Razz

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:47 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
So is Queer is back in fashion and not a derogatory term anymore?

Good question, first up we need to find out the difference between gay and queer.

Google knows everything, right?

https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/03/difference-between-gay-queer/

I've just read that and it doesn't answer anything. Laughing

And as it was written on March the 1st last year I expect it's all out of date now anyway. Rolling Eyes

Help. I don't understand any of this, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me. At what point did everything become so confusing? Confused

Parents: do GCSE biology text books reflect how complicated the topics of gender and sex have become?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
It's a thing, obvs.

She was very serious about this, I'm sure she was telling the truth but I started looking for a new job soon after she told me this. So never got to find out how her story turned out.

I always imagine those sort have their minges underneath the ball bags, I assume you nave to hold the scrotum to one side to do the biz.

See I can empathise with that although I'd have to have taken her up on the visual, though, I'm that inquisitive Laughing ... but yeah, THEN I'd have had to leave the firm too, cos what can be seen can't be unseen Laughing .

But I can't understand why they didn't just change it to an H, we all knew what a hermaphrodite is, regardless of whether they could impregnate themselves or not, so why change the designation that people have understood for years.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:13 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
It will upset the L's, G's, B's and T's no end with those fucking upstart Q's I's and A's going ahead and jumping on board
someone elses bandwagon. Personally I'm looking forward to the ensuing bitchfight when two minority groups end up fighting over
entitlement to use the same letter.

I think the vegans should get in quick and reserve "V" Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

I think the vegans should get in quick and reserve "V" Smile

We can just file them generically under N for nutters.

SophR so good
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:24 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellkat - intersex is the medical term for hermaphrodite. That's why.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:55 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SophR so good wrote:
Hellkat - intersex is the medical term for hermaphrodite. That's why.

Intersex is our word. You don't get to label us with your slave word. That's why.

Don't forget the "+", which is "all of the other sexualities, sexes, and genders that aren't included in these few letters".

Let's be clear, the end game is *-T.

Everyone except Trump.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you all need to get your heads around the fact that white CIS straight males will be extinct in 10 years.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably true, as Id expect Autists, and Aspergians, and ADHD people to out number people without a special label 100:1 by then too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:45 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, with the caveat that #NotAllTrans, I strongly suspect that many of Facebook's 71-and-counting genders are indeed used for more wearing on a Victim Of The Patriarchy badge than for expressing a sincerely felt identity.

But then I'm shitlording from a position of privilege, so I'd best check myself.

owl10
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:52 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug_the_bastard wrote:

I change our work Union Jack to the Pride flag (got a cool picture somewhere with London in the background as I'm changing it)

I've got a mental image of Soviet flag over the Reichstag, but more.... rainbowy

Dalemac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to just being human?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:51 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Life is more fun with enemies.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 12 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite annoyed the LBGTWANKER or watever group it is has now stolen the rainbow along with the word Gay from us non weirdos, sorry, non LBGTW....

They will be stealing Nobcat and giving him a rainbow willy to chomp on next. If we try to get him back they will call us LBGTophobes Crying or Very sad

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:24 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulz

https://s20.postimg.org/8bct0qbt9/Screenshot_2017-07-13_at_00.24.11.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:03 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not at all fussed if someone is a poof or a trannie or a hermie. It utterly doesn't bother me, because if I had a reason to "find myself" and discovered I was a very different person than I thought, then yeah, I'd not want to be repressed by society into being able to be that person, and I'd kick up a right old stink.

I guess I'm supposed to feel privileged that I am all the things other people believe to have a superiority complex over them. But I truly don't.

What I have is a superiority complex, end of. I don't discriminate, I just think I am better than just about everybody on the planet.

If you wanna be a bitch or an uppity twat because you're gay, black , or anything else, then fine get on with it. But getting in my face about it isn't really going to do much other than wind yourself up, as it means very little to me: you're a person first, and all those other things later. I'm interested in people, all kinds, a fascinating subject.

But individually, one to one; cos I'm just not so bothered about their perception of themselves collectively.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:08 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'd not want to be repressed by society

Mean old society...

hellkat wrote:
their perception of themselves collectively

...always collectivising itself.

Is there a lot of that still going on? Granted there are doubtless some legal fites still to be had, like the man-on-man pension case that's just been won. I won't even waggle the slippery-slope fallacy that now that marriage is anyone-to-anyone, that soon there will be demands for it to be anyone-to-anyone-to-anything. There will though.

But society? I think that fite was won some time ago, and now society just wants to put its jacket back on and leave it.

You're drunk, LGBTQIIA+, go home.

CBFcarl
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 10:55 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
I noticed new letters being added to the LGBT tag the other night.
The politically overcorrect version is now LGBTQIA apparently.

It's only fair to cover everyone who suffers prejudice from society for aspects of themselves they can't change:

Lanky, Ginger, Bald, Tubby, Quadriplegic, Inbred, American

Crap. I'm 3.5 out of the first 4.

(ginner facial hair, when I had proper head hair it was brown)

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
angryjonny wrote:
...Lanky, Ginger, Bald, Tubby, Quadriplegic, Inbred, American

On the bright side, there's probably some sort of grant available to you.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:53 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBFcarl wrote:
angryjonny wrote:

Lanky, Ginger, Bald, Tubby, Quadriplegic, Inbred, American

Ha, I've heard that before from gingers. They stand in a certain way and in certain light so their hair doesn't look quite as red and proclaim they are BROWN haired Laughing

You aren't Razz

4 out of the first 4 Wink
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:14 - 13 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
More left wing nonsesne from Sadiq Khan. TFL are no longer allowed to announce to "Ladies and Gentlemen", they now can only say "hello everyone" on announcements.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40591750

Thumbs Down

In b4 "I'm not an everyone" and that becomes offensive too.

Jesus wept.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 286 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3