Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Aslef tossers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:52 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
This over 24% pay increase that ASLEF is demanding, does that mean that the trains will carry 24% more people?

Perhaps they'll go 24% faster?

[I agree that increasing pay above productivity is unjust enrichment, here's another example of the same problem.]

Apology accepted, glad to see we're on the same page.

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:20 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

We may be on the same page but the ire on BCF seems far more often aimed at the lower end of the pay scale, than the upper.

I was pointing out that mpd and co seem to be completely blasé about the total disconnect of pay and productivity at the top end but driven to apoplexy about it at the (relatively) lower end.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:59 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
the ire on BCF seems far more often aimed at the lower end of the pay scale, than the upper.

mpd did actually raise a valid point, that the upper crust are a cheery bunch of bandits, while the teeming masses grouse while they grasp.

I'm all for replacing CEOs with 3 line algorithms too, it should be said.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:45 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
then the taxes people pay at the upper end can be spent on development and productivity csn go up and that pie can get bigger.

This over 24% pay increase that ASLEF is demanding, does that mean that the trains will carry 24% more people?

Perhaps they'll go 24% faster?

Well I would stick train drivers in the no pay rises for a few years category anyway.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's not really a franchise is it? Southern get paid a fee to run it for the government. They do not take profit.

So there is no shareholder profit, anywhere at all? Really, pull the other one, it's just inconvenient for your argument.
As you know quite well Southern is run by two private companies, one of them just happens to run SNCF, they have shareholders they make money for their shareholders!

mpd72 wrote:
Apart from union pay.

Strike pay, a tiny fraction of normal pay, paid by the union, not the employer!

mpd72 wrote:
If they'd stop striking, the treasury could make a return.

It would be even better if the treasury stopped handing out millions of £s to the shareholders for no reason whatsoever!

mpd72 wrote:
Where you still deined the unions were doing anything other than protecting their workers rights. You know, like turning down a 24% pay rise. Do you really believe this?

Bullshit, I was and still am more concerned that a government is prepared to dole out millions of £s of public money to a private company every time they fuck it up.
You on the other hand seem quite happy with that

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's not really a franchise is it? Southern get paid a fee to run it for the government. They do not take profit.

It's worth pointing out the Tories blocked TfL taking it over as they didn't want a Labour mayor (ultimately) in charge. Seems like the unions aren't the only ones trying to play politics at the expense of commuters.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:

It's worth pointing out the Tories blocked TfL taking it over as they didn't want a Labour mayor (ultimately) in charge. Seems like the unions aren't the only ones trying to play politics at the expense of commuters.

When was this then? Considering the Pakistani Muslim Labour shit only recently got in.
You know, the one who's made TFL Muslim friendly, with regards to alcohol and adverts of women not covered in bin liners.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/sadiq-khan-hits-back-after-government-blocks-plan-for-tfl-to-take-over-suburban-rail-services-a3414126.html

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:37 - 19 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
You're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how far fetched.

Rolling Eyes Pot, Kettle, black!

For someone with the vast range of, bizarre, extremist views, that you regularly spout on here, I'll take that with a very large pinch of salt!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:24 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
You're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how far fetched.

Rolling Eyes Pot, Kettle, black!

For someone with the vast range of, bizarre, extremist views, that you regularly spout on here, I'll take that with a very large pinch of salt!

Awwww you love him really Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:03 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
As has been covered, there is significantly more to a train than go and stop.

All the other complicated stuff is to do with the network, the actual driving of the train is the simple part.

Lupo
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 01:07 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

You forgot the second part:"they do not take a loss either", so all the money they get paid is profit, any shortages are going to be covered by the government.

Southern among others companies are running a bare bone service, to the point that a ban on overtime, not a strike, is enough to cripple the service.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:40 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falco wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

We may be on the same page but the ire on BCF seems far more often aimed at the lower end of the pay scale, than the upper.

I was pointing out that mpd and co seem to be completely blasé about the total disconnect of pay and productivity at the top end but driven to apoplexy about it at the (relatively) lower end.

Dunning-Kruger effect.

"Even though I'm a prole like everyone else, I believe I'm not one of them; I'm better than them, so I shall criticise the proles and only the proles, because I myself outshine them in every way, obviously."

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:30 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Dunning-Kruger effect.

That's specifically about performance. The general case is illusory superiority.

Lord Percy wrote:
Even though I'm a prole like everyone else, I [...] shall criticise the proles and only the proles

Wouldn't want to be accused of ultracrepidarianism. Whistle

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Dunning-Kruger effect.

"Even though I'm a prole like everyone else, I believe I'm not one of them; I'm better than them, so I shall criticise the proles and only the proles, because I myself outshine them in every way, obviously."

Or just the "Arselick the rich and they'll let me in their club" syndrome.

Or just the "Look how tough I am by not giving a shit like the softies do (and maybe the Rich will notice my grovelling to them and let me in their club)" syndrome

Or just the "people will think I'm an intellectual as I cynically question any favourable attitudes towards the poor (whilst simultaneously neglecting to turn my amazing powers of ruthless critical thinking on the rich (please, please, pleeeeeeease Master let me into your club I'll gladly carry your golf clubs around stuffed in my ersehole!))" syndrome.

Take your pick.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:18 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting news on employment tribunals: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40727400

Posting here as this is the union/employee moan thread right?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:40 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discrimination cases are discriminatory because discrimination, gotchya. Thumbs Up

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

More like unions making a difference for every single employee, regardless of them being a union member. I bet mpd won't be happy.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:30 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
More like unions making a difference for every single employee, regardless of them being a union member. I bet mpd won't be happy.

Yeah, what ersehole came up with the idea of workers rights?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 268 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8