Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Being refused a test ride due to new rider?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:29 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Mark_UK wrote:
I trust this sales guy implicitly.

While I appreciate that you've shared some personal experiences regarding bereavement with the chap, he is still a salesman. He is there to sell. They will engage a potential customer in whatever subjects come up.

Having spent well over a decade in sales in the past - I'd talk to you about how the moon *really is* made of cheese and the landing are all faked in a studio, if it meant pulling a few grand out of you. Don't take it personally, it's just what sales people do. At the end of the day it's their job to do it, and those that work in the motor trade are *very* good at it, or they don't stay in the motor trade for long. I talked to many people about far weirder subjects than bereavement if I thought there was a decent chance they would stump up.. For big purchases, (Bike, car etc) dealing with customers bereavement (and subsequent inheritance) is probably part of the training.

It doesn't mean the guy is a shyster, but it doesn't mean you'll be popping round his gaff for a cuppa after you're bought a bike either.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

J&S Doncaster apparently don't do test rides on used bikes at all. Other dealers have told me I can ride around the carpark if it's not raining. I might have bought my last bike from a dealer that let me have a decent ride on a wet december day.

Mark_UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:00 - 20 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Having spent well over a decade in sales in the past - I'd talk to you about how the moon *really is* made of cheese and the landing are all faked in a studio, if it meant pulling a few grand out of you. Don't take it personally, it's just what sales people do. At the end of the day it's their job to do it, and those that work in the motor trade are *very* good at it, or they don't stay in the motor trade for long. I talked to many people about far weirder subjects than bereavement if I thought there was a decent chance they would stump up.. For big purchases, (Bike, car etc) dealing with customers bereavement (and subsequent inheritance) is probably part of the training.

It doesn't mean the guy is a shyster, but it doesn't mean you'll be popping round his gaff for a cuppa after you're bought a bike either.

Yep all understood Wink I am known for being a soft touch. I just have to hope that I'm right on this.
Well I pick it up tomorrow, so I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks again all for the help and constructive criticism Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mark_UK
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:13 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good Wink
Brakes are great, power is Laughing
It took a bit of getting used to the clutch when setting off, and I managed to stall it once much to the amusement of the kids at the bus stop Embarassed but I'm finding my way around it now. It feels much heavier than the CBF600 from training, and I'm not used to the fairing yet (feels weird the mirrors not moving when I turn, ) but I am very happy.

Obligatory photo (without man sauce, sorry Roger)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4299/35893741982_bb7bac848a_b.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:05 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark_UK wrote:
All good Wink
Brakes are great, power is Laughing
It took a bit of getting used to the clutch when setting off, and I managed to stall it once much to the amusement of the kids at the bus stop Embarassed but I'm finding my way around it now. It feels much heavier than the CBF600 from training, and I'm not used to the fairing yet (feels weird the mirrors not moving when I turn, ) but I am very happy.

Obligatory photo (without man sauce, sorry Roger)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4299/35893741982_bb7bac848a_b.jpg

Looks really nice that. Glad you are pleased!

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:47 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seat looks like its got goosebumps in the cold Laughing Glad you are pleased with it. Enjoy Smile Hopefully some decent weather this weekend for you to get out and enjoy.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 271 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2