Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Free weekend. where should I go?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:57 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Free weekend. where should I go? Reply with quote

Hi guys.

Im in Nottingham and have a free weekend which is rare. Im thinking of going away for the night and exploring. any advice on where I could go?

Ta Me duck.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:16 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go north a bit and through the Peaks. Then you'll hit the A57.

Hit the M67, M60 and M61 to get to Horwich. Go A675 and up to Ribchester, Longridge and then Clitheroe then just before Clitheroe go into Bowland and north into the Peaks.

It's a mix of moderately fast country roads. Gets busy up devils bridge though.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 16:35 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Go north a bit and through the Peaks. Then you'll hit the A57.

Hit the M67, M60 and M61 to get to Horwich. Go A675 and up to Ribchester, Longridge and then Clitheroe then just before Clitheroe go into Bowland and north into the Peaks.

It's a mix of moderately fast country roads. Gets busy up devils bridge though.

Thanks for that. I went to Buxton and matlock the other week. That was a nice ride. I'll Google map this lot when I get home. Might camp too.

Thanks again Smile

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:46 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What bike?

I'd do 300 miles a day on my KTM and not be fussed, doing that on the Enfield would render me (even more) spastic.

Do you have 2 full days to use up. What's your plan ie stopping over. Camp sites won't allow late admission. Hotels allow late check in.

Anything you want to see on route that can be used as a destination waymarker or are you just for a ride into unknown?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:04 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
What bike?

I'd do 300 miles a day on my KTM and not be fussed, doing that on the Enfield would render me (even more) spastic.

Do you have 2 full days to use up. What's your plan ie stopping over. Camp sites won't allow late admission. Hotels allow late check in.

Anything you want to see on route that can be used as a destination waymarker or are you just for a ride into unknown?

92 zzr600. It's comfy enough. I'm just a bit fed up and want to get away and ride a nice pretty route. Don't mind camping

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 17 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll do!

3 and a half hours ish to Llandovery. Camp at Erwlon at Llandovery. 6 quid a night, decent camping ground. Small walk to the pub / supermarket / restaurants.

Set out early, get to camping, pitch up and stuff. Set out late ride do the loop over the mountain and back.

Next day pack up, go through Lampeter and towards the coast road, and the right up towards Devils Bridge. Come out of there onto Elan Valley and take a slow ride round - before setting off back to Nottingham.

Hope for good weather.

Ayup_Mi-Duck
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 09:39 - 18 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
That'll do!

3 and a half hours ish to Llandovery. Camp at Erwlon at Llandovery. 6 quid a night, decent camping ground. Small walk to the pub / supermarket / restaurants.

as per fucking usual, im now working on sunday at 6 am, so its ballse all that up... matlock and a chippy tea it is then...

thank you for your advice tho. I WILL go on an adventure at some point.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1