Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Insurance Renewal Time

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:51 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Insurance Renewal Time Reply with quote

So, it's time to renew my insurance for the YBR. I was considering going fully comp this year, and the difference between TPF&T and FC is only £12

However, the TPF&T excess is £180 and FC is £450. The bike is only worth about £800, so if it is nicked I'd be worse off going FC?

If I was to stack it myself and claim, I'd only see about £350 and I'd end up paying that back anyway over the next 4-5 years due to having a claim.

So unless anyone knows why in my case FC would be better, I'm better off going TPF&T?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:03 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bother personally but then I have 4 policies that I'd need to disclose a fault claim on, so it wouldn't be worth the 400 quid payout.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:35 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for whichever saves me £12 and consider it to be third party only.

But like arry I'd never claim on an £800 bike as I'd have 5 (5 is one better than 4) policies on which to declare it.

If you're that strapped for cash that you'd have to claim, then I'd go for the TPF&T since it's more likely that it'll be nicked (and/or burnt out) than that you'll do more than £450 of damage by throwing it down the road yourself.

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 12:05 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have full comp on my 'bangernomics' motor because it was cheaper but I really could never see myself claiming on the insurance unless I was in an accident with a third party.

Sometimes its just better to not think of things as what they may appear to be but actually what they /are/. Generally, motor insurance is a scam.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Insurance Renewal Time Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
So unless anyone knows why in my case FC would be better, I'm better off going TPF&T?

If there are any other benefits going FC, like accident recovery, legal protection (inb4 arry) etc.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:57 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Insurance Renewal Time Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Fizzoid wrote:

If there are any other benefits going FC, like accident recovery, legal protection (inb4 arry) etc.

Windscreen cover?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 21 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Insurance Renewal Time Reply with quote

arry wrote:
M.C wrote:

Windscreen cover?

Free Rainpal.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1