Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Getting the snip?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 08:43 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Getting the snip? Reply with quote

So a bit of background...

My Mrs is pregnant Shocked

I'm 32 years old, my Mrs is 31. This will be our 3rd child.

This one wasn't planned and she was taking the contraceptive pill, though for whatever reason it hasn't been effective. She probably forgot to take it at some point Rolling Eyes

Nevertheless, we are pleased we've got another one on the way. Apart from our house being slightly too small, there's no reason why we shouldn't have another. Besides, we'll be able to move to somewhere larger in a few years which will solve the small house problem.

This brings me onto the subject of a vasectomy Sick

Whilst having 3 kids will be a challenge, I feel like having another one unplanned could be pushing it, and I'd rather look at a more permanent route to contraception.

I'm interested to hear from somebody that's had this procedure?

What's your experience of having the procedure? Anything I need to look out for?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:00 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd request she scrambles her eggs before you cut up your sausage.

Reason - I prefer scrambled.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 09:08 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Laughing good anology, I'll put it to her that way!

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:09 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had it done, well worth the attention and looking after you get for going through it. You can also shag anyone once it's done without worry of producing the evidence at a later date... Laughing

I didn't find it too bad, although I was told my pain threshold was pretty low for how many pain relief injections I needed during the op. Strangest thing was my wife dropped me at the clinic for the op, I had my sac cut open and some food bag clips stuck on my pipes, then because it was over so quickly I got a taxi home afterwards - doesn't feel quite right being able to do that so quickly after the op!

2nd strangest thing is just how many people around me have had it done I didn't know about, but then felt able to share because I'd had it done - including my brother.
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:09 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Getting the snip? Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:

What's your experience of having the procedure? Anything I need to look out for?

I've not had it done, but a lot of my friends have. Most without complication, and in reality with most cases it's straight forward enough and nothing to worry about.

However, one of my friends has constant bollock ache as a result. Dull aching that can keep him awake at night. It's rare but can happen.

I'm never having it done - I've already had an operation on my scrotum and I can tell you that's 6 days of my life I never want to relive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encourage her to try anal instead.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:43 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

Not sure how her strapping on and duffing his ring is going to help, TBH.

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 13:03 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the response guys!

Arry, you mention your friend suffers with ball ache? Is this something he has has to live with due to a complication or is it just "one of them things"?

Feasty, thanks for your info. One thing I'm wondering though (and I hate asking) but does anything come out still when you climax after getting the snip? Embarassed

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:06 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:

Arry, you mention your friend suffers with ball ache? Is this something he has has to live with due to a complication or is it just "one of them things"?

Just asked him; it's this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-vasectomy_pain_syndrome

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:08 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of two couples that have had issues.

The first guy has a dull ball-ache all the time. He's also completely lost his libido.

The second guy has just got his missus pregnant. Apparently in some cases the body heals itself.

Good luck with it. I'm never having it done. Laughing

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:17 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it done a few years ago. They started doing it and it instantly hurt; the anaesthetic hadn't reached where it should have. I nearly passed out, but after that it was fine (just a horrible smell). Just like the dentist, it's more the thought of what's going on that is the issue, rather than the pain.

I needed a lift back and could not have driven. I stayed in bed for 3 days, just because I could. I was riding the bike on day 4 but it was fairly painful, but doable.

3 years on (I think) it still hurts a bit if you squeeze or catch the scar tissue inside. I don't think the pain will ever go away, but it's really not a problem. Some people do get complications afterwards, and occasionally the procedure doesn't work, but you are supposed to give sperm samples 3 months afterwards so I'm guessing people don't bother and then find out the hard way that it hasn't worked.

Would I recommend it? Yes, but be prepared for some when getting the anaesthetic, and during recovery.

Feasty
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
Feasty, thanks for your info. One thing I'm wondering though (and I hate asking) but does anything come out still when you climax after getting the snip? Embarassed

I gotta tell you Bozzy, that's one thing I wasn't prepared for - afterwards what comes out is quite different to what you'll be used to. It's kinda greenish with a strange smell, and a lot more stringy. You'll sometimes end up having to pull the rest of it out like a small length of string. Or cut it with some scissors and the rest will come out when you wee...

Ok, not really! Laughing It's exactly the same as before - I often forget I've even had it done these days! No pain or anything anymore. Thumbs Up
Previous: Aprilia Habana Retro 50cc (beauty), Yamaha SR125 (fell apart), Honda XR125 (nippy little commuter), Honda SLR650 (Geewhizz), Yamaha Diversion 900S (Smoooooth) written off courtesy of a stupid escaped horse.
(7 year gap), BMW F650 (Relaxing ride). Aprilia Caponord ETV1000 (Big and bold). Yamaha FZS600 (got me in trouble too quick!).
Current: Yamaha TDM 900 (Comfy, light but big, power when needed).

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:45 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:

And risk her giving birth to a lawyer?

Bozzy
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:51 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
Bozzy wrote:

I gotta tell you Bozzy, that's one thing I wasn't prepared for - afterwards what comes out is quite different to what you'll be used to. It's kinda greenish with a strange smell, and a lot more stringy. You'll sometimes end up having to pull the rest of it out like a small length of string. Or cut it with some scissors and the rest will come out when you wee...

Ok, not really! Laughing It's exactly the same as before - I often forget I've even had it done these days! No pain or anything anymore. Thumbs Up

You bastard you had me hook, line and sinker until the last paragraph Laughing I was getting ready to gip Sick

So it sounds like;

It hurts.
My plums might ache.
I need to have my sperm checked to make sure the op was successful.

It's a lot to get my head around. I'll admit it, it's a scary prospect for me. I think I'll find it quite embarrasing too. I think it's a case of needs must though!

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a lot less invasive that what she would have to go through. She's already gone through the pain of childbirth, give her a break.

Don't be a wuss.

True story....

My GP did his own vasectomy because he didn't trust anyone else with his Crown Jewels. Bit of anaesthetic, bend over, put specs on, snip snip done.

So, how bad can it be?

You boys are waaaayyyyyy too precious about your dangly bits. Mr. Green

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:45 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

Well, how else we gonna man milk over our significant others... I say make the lady drop her bits whilst shes still gaping from the birth. Get in there, polyfilla.

CliveFa
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had it done in January 1976.
Surgeon insisted on a general anaesthetic - so he could "rummage around" checking there was no 3rd pipe...
No bruising to speak of.
Week off work.
Light duties a couple of months.
Well worth the peace of mind.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:48 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

I'd have thought that by now you'd understand that the 'Meat and two veg' are mens overriding reason for living... Laughing

Without them we'd have to use other parts of ourselves to think with Confused

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:54 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feasty wrote:
It's exactly the same as before - I often forget I've even had it done these days!

I'm told by a mate that it's slightly less 'viscous' so he can shoot it further.
Apparently in an early test run he accidently slipped out at the wrong moment and gave his mrs some pink-eye.
That put him in the dog house for a while even though it was purely accidental... but I guess we've all been there for reasons well beyond our control
Rolling Eyes

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:56 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I say make the lady drop her bits whilst shes still gaping from the birth.

Hardly even surgery when the surgeon is working through the wizards sleeve Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Getting the snip? Reply with quote

Bozzy wrote:
This one wasn't planned and she was taking the contraceptive pill, though for whatever reason it hasn't been effective. She probably forgot to take it at some point Rolling Eyes

https://r.hswstatic.com/u_0/w_480/gif/laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:20 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty straightforward, I had mine the day after my wedding Smile Operation was uncomfortable, had to reapply the anaesthetic before starting on the second one. It's more of a tugging and rummaging feeling once that kicks in. You get to watch in a mirror above the table, or at least I did*.

Next few days were tender and purple, wasn't helped by forgetting and jumping to catch a frisbee at Dunstable Downs. The wife said I hung in the air with a look of shock on my face for 5 minutes when I realised I had to land again. Tore a stitch and expected to find a bollock down in my sock. Just a lot of blood, but didn't do any damage.

Then you have to suffer the hair growing back, which feels like sandpaper in your pants. At least I had a lift back from the hospital, my mate Tony forgot to arrange this, and had to ride back on his bike afterwards Smile

Doesn't affect performance, does help with spontaneity, no drugs or barbed wire contraptions for the lady, should have done it sooner.

* "No man should see his own wormy bits" (c) Ariel 1930
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:51 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

I disagree, she's shoved three sprogs out through her bits, time to take one for the team.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

I disagree, she's shoved three sprogs out through her bits, time to take one for the team.

Just because she's destroyed her genitalia doesn't mean you have to do the same Folded arms

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:23 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
ScaredyCat wrote:

Not sure how her strapping on and duffing his ring is going to help, TBH.

Either way she wont be getting pregnant...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4