Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Gypsies and Travellers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:15 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Gypsies and Travellers Reply with quote

I've met many Folks from the "traditional and "new age" travelling communities, have made many good friends and a few enemies in both camps.

They don't generally get on, but one thing that unites them is the hatred that they feel from the general population.

Quite fair, some may say, and having some valuable stainless steel robbed from my garden some 20 odd years ago by some travellers,
I will agree that yes, some of them are right thieving fuckers.

In their defence, however, I would like to argue that if you criminalise a section of society whose morals or ethics you disagree with, you have effectively "Outlawed"them, can you legitimately complain, then, when they operate outside your laws and conventions?

Local Councils have legal obligations to provide facilities for travellers,but don't. When travellers buy their own land, they are met by opposition and hostility from locals.

I get that..... no-one wants a bunch of thieving cunts who leave shit everywhere living next to them.....but who made them outlaws?

On a different subject,
Bikers. What is there problem?
Bikers, with their helmets and leathers, seem scary to a large section of the general population, and when we jump straight to the traffic lights or filter through trafffic most People think we are breaking some sort of rule, hence, to them, we are also some kind of "outlaw"
Dunno about you all, but I have friends from all over this tiny planet, and the only real enemies I have are those fuckers who presume to tell me what I should think ./endrant

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Gypsies and Travellers Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:
I get that..... no-one wants a bunch of thieving cunts who leave shit everywhere living next to them.....but who made them outlaws?

They did, obviously Rolling Eyes It's like any racism argument, oh we're only this way because of how we're treated, no you're that way because you're thieving scum. Pikeys in particular like their reputation.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be somethng to do with it, along with the prolific thieving when they are in town.

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

They've broken in to the car park of our local crematorium and grave yard and set up camp.

No, can't imagine at all why everyone fucking hates them Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Furthermore WTF should councils provide sites for them? You can't buy a plot of land yourself and live on it, why should pikeys be treated differently, because it's their way of life? F**k that, it's the only group of people I'd forcibly remove and stop from ever reentering the country. They know exactly what they're doing, and that we're too soft to stop them.

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:40 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

J4mes wrote:
They've broken in to the car park of our local crematorium and grave yard and set up camp.

No, can't imagine at all why everyone fucking hates them Rolling Eyes

Jesus fucking christ, no wonder, i feel sorry for anyone that had to endure that shit-tip they aint doing themelves any favous in the ouplicity stakes, are theyhttps://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4722238/Travellers-dump-250-TONNES-rubbish-Bromley-field.html

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 17:53 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Gypsies and Travellers Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:

In their defence, however, I would like to argue that if you criminalise a section of society whose morals or ethics you disagree with, you have effectively "Outlawed"them, can you legitimately complain, then, when they operate outside your laws and conventions?

Would this also apply to murderers and so on?
Can we complain, because we've "outlawed" their activities.

There's reasons the laws exist and often it's related to 'fairness'.
Plenty of people live a less-standard life style and rarely find any problems - generally because they are respectful of the rest of society, rather than expecting them to provide special provisions. Rather than blatantly flouting rules.

So yes - it boils down to the way they act, which seems perfectly reasonable.

Very rare I've found any issue with being "a biker" - well, the cafe staff at a previous company did suggest that "If you can ride a bike you can carry your own tray" (I was on crutches for a broken leg, but made some crutch holders for my bike so I wasn't stuck in a car.) But barely more than that.

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:54 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle Morton.

Anyone of you went there? I have plenty of words to share with you about the fallout of that,

Anyone watched a documentary about ""The Battle of the Beanfields"?

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:20 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Gypsies and Travellers Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:
.....but who made them outlaws?
....Bikers, with their helmets and leathers, seem scary to a large section of the general population, and when we jump straight to the traffic lights or filter through trafffic most People think we are breaking some sort of rule, hence, to them, we are also some kind of "outlaw"

You've said it yourself, they choose to do illegal stuff, they made themselves 'outlaws'.

The difference between filtering to the front of a queue and pikeys squatting on other peoples land, dumping waste and thieving, is that filtering is legal even if some dim-wits don't understand that.

They are scum.
Local councils should owe them nothing until the start paying some taxes.
If they fucked off some place where people don't pay tax then they wouldn't automatically be robbing out of everyone else's pocket, but they don't.
They stay here and abuse anything they can get their hands on, usually whilst earning/thieving behind the tax mans back.
If it was just the tax man they were swerving whilst not trying to claim benefits on anything possible, then it would be less of an issue (apart from the thieving, squatting and fly-tipping), but they don't.
They are pretty much all, with very very few exceptions, the scum of the earth... Mad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:31 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the OP has misread the room Very Happy

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute pikey scum who think they are above the law and teach their thieving pikey offspring to be the same at an early age.

Hate them with ALMOST the same passion I hate Ms Abbott. Evil or Very Mad

Edit to say they are also migrating to the canals. Water Gypsys or Bargee Travellers they call themselves. Still the same thieving lowlifes as their land based rat life scum.

sensi5446
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:28 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

We get a load once a year on our local fields. The fucking mess they make and leave is a joke. If they were to bag all the rubbish up and take it to the local tip, not fly tip everywhere and use their caravan toilets instead on shitting all over the fields that are clearly marked by the shitty toilet roll (or socks) then maybe the locals, myself included wouldn't mind as much.

Its simple, if you shit on your door step people will not like you, if you shit on your neighbors door step while claiming its yours then you're likly to be shot at.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/travellers-shots-salford-van-left-11761815

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:30 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Gypsies and Travellers Reply with quote

You're worth what you create for others.

Individuals and groups that exist only to consume have no value as human beings.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensi5446 wrote:
We get a load once a year on our local fields. The fucking mess they make and leave is a joke. If they were to bag all the rubbish up and take it to the local tip, not fly tip everywhere and use their caravan toilets instead on shitting all over the fields that are clearly marked by the shitty toilet roll (or socks) then maybe the locals, myself included wouldn't mind as much.

Its simple, if you shit on your door step people will not like you, if you shit on your neighbors door step while claiming its yours then you're likly to be shot at.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/travellers-shots-salford-van-left-11761815

Clapping That's how it needs to be done, only thing they understand.

smegballs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:53 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensi5446 wrote:

"Gunshots".....

What are the chances someone just came down and blatted of a few blanks rather than actually shot at them?

There's no emotive pics of bullet holes in the side of a caravan, or even anything to suggest that anything was damaged in any way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bricktop
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 20:20 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:

Yes, and I laughed so hard I thought it must have been intended as a comedy.

Fuck 'em.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:24 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that s a bcf BBQ thread Laughing Laughing

Got shitting in bushes and dodgy people
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 20:53 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoker wrote:

Good proof that "Two wrongs don't make a right" - but, in the end, a load of people went with the intention to break the law, go against the land owner's wishes and so on.

If the same attitude had been taken towards moped gangs, we might not have seen it getting to the state it did get to.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread makes me wonder. Why do we, Czechs, get all the crap about racism towards gipsies, when you all have exactly the same opinion about this sort of people? They are loud, have no respect to local laws and property of others and have no intention to integrate into our society. They don't teach their children any useful skills, instead of that they just let them dance and sing all day long, so when it's then time to start going to school, they don't learn well, have strong resistance against education and their parrents blame the system and/or tell their children to not worry.

So this goes on, and then you have 10 year olds that can't read nor write and start to make troubles, because why not. What do you do with such children that can't just pass the primary school? You send them to a special needs school, where they don't do much either.

That, the segregation of gipsy children, is what pisses the western politicians the most. Then, gipsies are great actors, whenever there is a reporter from abroad, they can very convincingly portray their every day struggle of being dependent on social benefits and jobless. They say there is no work for them. Well if you can't read, write, count to ten... and your CV says finished the 5th grade of the primary school (primary school has 9 grades here), then there is no wonder the employers seem reluctant. And when such people get a job, they don't tend to stay there for long for various reasons.

BUT, they are not all like that, about 10% of them actually can read, write... and have a job + teach their children to be valuable members of the society. The issue is the 90% though.

And then, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4vzVncozDs&t=0s Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:32 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Why do we, Czechs, get all the crap about racism towards gipsies

Point at anyone here's done that, or who cares.

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Why do we, Czechs, get all the crap about racism towards gipsies,

I've seen you mention that before, but you're the only person that I've ever seen mention it.
I've never heard any of my European friends say anything about Czech/Gypsies....
Are you sure it's not just some Czech paranoia thing? Confused

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:46 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few travellers I know of / have worked with and have seen by the side of the road who are decent people, they travel about by the sides of the road so their horses get grass and keep the grass short. They wash their kids clothes and send them to school, generally just live a life in a wagon, otherwise pretty normal.

On the other hand you get gypsy pikey scum that live in trailer parks, huge gypsy camps and sound Irish despite being 4 generations or so English. I know of at least 4 big camp areas, these are the type of thieving cunts that teach their kids to steal.

I work in retail on Saturdays and you can spot them from a mile away with their hair gel and often loud. They blatantly steal, try scams and the parents don't give two fucks about the kids trashing stuff or stealing, when confronted they play the victim card and get aggressive.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:24 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Why do we, Czechs, get all the crap about racism towards gipsies,

I've seen you mention that before, but you're the only person that I've ever seen mention it.
I've never heard any of my European friends say anything about Czech/Gypsies....
Are you sure it's not just some Czech paranoia thing? Confused

Paranoia heavily fueled by Brussels and Human rights organisations from all over the globe. The European Commission and others made it clear, that they don't quite like the Gipsy children segregation in public schools, that it is a breach of the EU law, discriminatory. The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

You have a 10 years old child that can't read, write, count to ten... yet you want to give him some education. What would you do? - Special needs school, perhaps? Which is what happens here, a lot. Gipsy parrents don't care about the education of their children. So this goes on, until they are 15/16 years old when they ''DNF'' graduate. This creates very under qualified people who know far too well, that instead of going to work (what can you do when you can't really read/write/even speak...), they can stay at home and get slightely more money from the social benefits programs. These people then have their own children and it all start all over again.

In my life, I've only met 3 Gipsies, that actually became valuable members of the society. One of them even graduated at a university. The odd thing was thought, they never reffered to themselves as gipsies. They just called themselves Czechs.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:32 - 24 Jul 2017; edited 2 times in total

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
Why do we, Czechs, get all the crap about racism towards gipsies

Point at anyone here's done that, or who cares.

Roger, look at the video about the Sheffield's community. That's what I am talking about and you just have to experience the real Roma/Gipsy behaviour to understand.

In Slovakia, they establish their own villages on someone else's property. Build houses from whatever they can steal, even things such as road guard railings. The owners of the land are helpless, can't do much about it. Google that up, quite interesting stuff.

The ''Crematorium camp'' idea, that J4mes was talking about, is far more real than some would assume.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:37 - 24 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 24 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
This thread makes me wonder. Why do we, Czechs, get all the crap about racism towards gipsies, when you all have exactly the same opinion about this sort of people?

Depends who you're talking about when you say gypsy. Most people (here) mean Irish Travellers, affectionately known as pikeys. Then you have Romanian gypsies, who I don't think had such a bad reputation, until Romania joined the EU and we got all the pickpocket gangs coming over (that are obviously involved in more serious stuff as well).

Fin wrote:
On the other hand you get gypsy pikey scum that live in trailer parks, huge gypsy camps and sound Irish despite being 4 generations or so English. I know of at least 4 big camp areas, these are the type of thieving cunts that teach their kids to steal.

Apparently some of them do go back occasionally: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/rathkeale-a-small-irish-town-swollen-by-the-proceeds-of-crime-a6904141.html

'Community workers say it will be 100 per cent Traveller in a decade because nobody else wants to live or do business there'. Clapping
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3