Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Overwhelmed choosing a bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

I_A_McD
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:29 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Overwhelmed choosing a bike Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm late to biking (40) and have been riding on a CBT since Oct 2016, I Plan on taking the direct access course in Sep this year.

With a fair amount of time to plan I want to buy a bike that is "right" for me, yes I know this is subjective.

As my entire bike experience is less than a year. I am (like a complete amateur) going by what i find attractive.

In this case I’m looking at something along the line of retro stylings E.G. Kawasaki W650 or Yamaha SR400, both of which I love the look of but find a little steep in price for what you get, and underpowered?? (not sure)

In a nut shell I’m looking for recommendations on a retro styled bike for pleasure riding, and the ability to travel comfortably on the motorway if I have to travel for say a boys weekend away.

Any suggestions of a good value for money bikes welcome, I'm not adverse to repairs or relatively easy self-maintenance. I don’t want to break the bank on a “first” bike.

I_A_McD

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:43 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Re: Overwhelmed choosing a bike Reply with quote

I_A_McD wrote:
Any suggestions of a good value for money bikes welcome

Retro and VFM go together like the trail tyres and belt drive on the SCR950 (i.e. not very well).

I think the W650 is over-valued by its owners for what it offers. You'd really have to want to pay the Hipster Tax on it, for that "Look at me not riding a Bonneville" cachet.

The SR400 I'd rule out because it's kickstart only. While I enjoy booting my Enfield into life, having an electric foot to hand can be a Godsend when you do anything that disturbs the fuelling.

Teffers will be in soon to recommend a Moto Guzzi based on him owning one in 1875. I'd suggest that the modern ones suffer from the same problem of owners thinking they're "appreciating classics" out of the showroom.

Based on the number around and parts availability I'd be looking at reasons not to get a Bonneville.

But then if you really want value for money any Japanese 650-ish twin is going to thrash it. ER6, SFV650, MT-07, all cheap, cheerful and will deliver all the performance you need.

What I would suggest is that there are very few bad choices in modern bikes, and that you won't know what you really enjoy until you've tried a variety.

So don't sweat it too much, just buy whatever takes your fancy. Bikes aren't that hard to sell on.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 15:16 - 25 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

First and foremost, don't get too hyped up about which bike until you're actually got your licence in your hand.
Shit happens...

I'm sure other will tell you to throw all the money you've got at your dream bike.
But IMO you're better off getting a cheap bike for 6-12 months while you decide what qualities you really need in a bike.
You can't really know what you need (only what you want which isn't the same) until you've used a bike on the road for a while.
Similarly although you'll probably 'learn' for the rest of your riding life, the first 6-12 months are the most intense and a cheap learning bike IMO is a better option.

Retro sounds like a great idea but they aren't always as good as you'd think.
You don't mention your size, which is also relevant to the bike, plus is there any odd arrangement for getting the bike in/out of a garage (like a steep driveway or a narrow alley) etc etc.
Will you be riding with mates, in which case, are they fast riders or potterers (like me), or maybe they like to ride little back roads or farm roads where suspension travel is important, as you'll want a bike to keep up with them.
All these things add up and IMO it's best to find out the problems on a £1.5-2.5k bike before spending on your real bike.

Motorways are always boring as hell on a bike, so best avoided if possible.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 15:18 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

1/ It's Raining
2/ Why are you counting chickens before the eggs have hatched?

You may get your DAS first time about.. we may get a Indian summer... but who knows?

Good luck finding an SR400.. even better luck trying to live with one! They were a rare bike when new, and they haven't got any more common, and I beleve most we got were grey-imports, that are notoriously hard to live with when that old and in need of bits.

W650? Ten years ago, I liked the idea... then looked at the prce of 'real' meriden bonnies.... Bloor released the Meriden re-make, and I liked the real-deal T140's even more!

Late era, mid-80's T140's beneft from a lot of mod-cons, like 12v electrics, an e-start and left-foot gear-change! They actually make for a relatively useful 'practical' classic, these days and probably have better spares support than the Bloor-Re-Make, and certainly better than the Kwak. Orignal Covetry (lack-of) Quality control has probably been sorted out by quarter of a century of owners, on anything that has an MOT, and compared to what is now likely a fifteen or twenty year old 'not-so-new' not really 'old' bike; probably no less reliable, and certainly easier to live with, especially if you are or are prepared to get a bit spanner savvy, and you can be reasonably confident that, looking after the thing is worth what you spend, and bike is the real-deal, genuine officer and a gentleman 'Classic' not a reproduction....

Royal-Oil-Fields? Err... ummm... y-e-r-s.... they DO have a fan-base... ad they DO have a pretty active after-market support, it seems..... But, err... yeah. For lols I ride a Honda 125 Super-Dream.. it's slightly faster than an Indian built Bullet, and don't shake so much! If you want one... nothing else will do... if not? Then there is so much that is so much better.... and If I really wanted a bit of agricultural 1930's Brit-Bike... well, that T140 would still come out tops for all-round, and for style, I think I'd preffer to go the whole hog with a P&M Pather! Or 1920's Douglas 3&1/2.. which as a veteran is actually probably just as 'sensible'!!!

However.... point is, as your first big bike... its your FIRST bi bike, it don't have to be your last.... your odds of lucking in on a bargain and getting it right first time are slim, so don't sweat the small stuff.

You AINT got the licence yet... remember RUSHING be fast way to hurt on a bike... applies just as much to buying them or maintaining them as it does riding them!

Eagerness to get a bigger bike, once you have a licence is likely to be strong.... DON'T RUSH.

WHEN you have a licence to ride a bigger bike; THEN go look whats on offer! There's a lot more bikes in the buyer's guides than in the small ads! So turn the premice on its head, and rather than looking at the buyers guides for what to go look for, look at the small adds for what you MIGHT actually buy... then look at what the guides may say about them... THEN go look at the actual bike.. and weigh it on CONDITION CONDITION and CONDITION!

After a 125, anything (bar perhaps a 350 Bullet) will feel like its ripping your arms out! So dont sweat the small stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

I_A_McD
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 17:20 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alpineandy wrote:

You don't mention your size, which is also relevant to the bike, plus is there any odd arrangement for getting the bike in/out of a garage (like a steep driveway or a narrow alley) etc etc.
Will you be riding with mates, in which case, are they fast riders or potterers (like me), or maybe they like to ride little back roads or farm roads where suspension travel is important, as you'll want a bike to keep up with them.
All these things add up and IMO it's best to find out the problems on a £1.5-2.5k bike before spending on your real bike.

6'2" 14.5st

Live on a farm so farm tracks are a starting point back roads are highways to me.
Current 125 lives in a 15th century Barn so will the upgrade.
Pleasure riding, so I Guess potting with my mates. Top speed is not essential just dont want to be pushing it up hill.

Thanks for the help so far, as I said I'm not trying to jump the gun I just like to plan ahead, knowing myself if i pass the test all ok, I will then want a bike last week, so if i plan ahead it stops me rushing head first.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:33 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

XSR700 maybe or same engine MT07?
Good value for about £6K new and starting to appear as trade ins now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_A_McD wrote:
6'2" 14.5st

Live on a farm so farm tracks are a starting point back roads are highways to me.
Current 125 lives in a 15th century Barn so will the upgrade.
Pleasure riding, so I Guess potting with my mates. Top speed is not essential just don't want to be pushing it up hill.

So it doesn't have to be super lightweight with a low seat Laughing
and you're not trying to park it in a council estate shed Thumbs Up

I'd suggest you spend as much time as you can visiting bike shops and sitting on different bikes to see what's comfortable/what fits best.
Sit on all types even if you're not a fan.
You may hate Dual Sport (ADV) but they're generally really comfortable with enough height to see over many cars etc
If you really don't want one then at least you'll know the reason is just the aesthetics.

Then when you've a shortlist, do as Tef says and see what's actually available without travelling for hours, plus what bike places are nearby (no point getting a bike then finding that your nearest parts place is on the south east coast).
Then research and finally buy on condition over anything else.

Last edited by Alpineandy on 17:38 - 25 Jul 2017; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:37 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
For lols I ride a Honda 125 Super-Dream.. it's slightly faster than an Indian built Bullet, and don't shake so much!

You've ridden one of the fuel injected unit construction 500s made in the past 9 years, of course. This isn't just based on some 1970s pub anecdote about the iron barrel right-hand shifters.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:34 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly different rules apply here and the OP has all the time in the world.

1, buying what is available local at the time/price affordable isn't really so important as what you want and what is suitable or interests you. If I wanted an MV Brutale or say a Honda RC30 for example, I'd travel country wide to get the right bike if nothing else will do etc.

2, spares, well again if you don't ride much, don't need the bike to work or live, and arnt bothered about being able to trip over a dealer in your back yard, then not a huge issue. You can get parts for anything within reason if you know where to look, can afford the prices, and are patient enough to wait for things. A late 80's Aprilia could be kept on the road for example if you went full on detective before and when you need bits for it.

3, The Teflon patronising rant isn't quite as relevant either here. OP is 40, not a jumped up teen that doesn't know shit, and is likely to be more rational and consider stuff a bit more before jumping in, and ignoring all sensible advice.

4, Retro is ok, but I think people's general criticism of many retro bikes is that they expect you to pay alot of cash for the look alone, and the tech and parts cost or spec is often alot less than even average off the peg Streetbikes and modern machines. This would be OK in my book if these factory retro bikes were much better built and had superior quality finish, paint, plating and corrosion resistance etc. They are often some of the worst offenders of looking shit after a bit of cold/wet stuff though.

5, Kick start only being a deal breaker really?
I get this if the bike is a well used daily commuter and practicality is vital. Also if coming as the view point of someone that does ride all the time and bike is an A-B tool then OK sure. But for a leisure rider that has time for a kick start and likes the proper way to start a bike then why not?

If your old, weak, disabled then again it might not be a great feature, but I mainly ride two strokes these days, and I'd have to disown a 2stroke that didn't have a kick-start as it wouldn't be right to me.

6, price of new or recent used retros being a bad thing? Well why is it? For Guzzi, BMW, W650/800 and Bonneville owners it's probably a great feature having a bike that doesn't nose dive in value like a modern naked might for example.

Lastly the OP hasn't said he has any really demanding uses or needs for his bike, just fun and leisure use and a bit of probably gentle non time rushed UK touring. There's a plethora of bikes new and old that would lap those demands up for breakfast and still be hungry for more.

Oh and an 80's Bonnie? Shocked really Tef? I mean ok if someone wants a very shoddy built bike made in the last breath of a dying dinosaur, or is very perverted by undesirable crap then fine. Such a bike would be great for fettling every hour of your spare time on the bench and for someone that likes and can with tools and skills engineer out all the inherent crapness it had from new, but it sure ain't a good suggestion IMO for someone that actually wants to see the odometer numbers change every year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrtisme
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:28 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transalp. Do it. Now

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:58 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy something that is an all rounder with the intention of keeping it a year or two to give yourself a decent baseline of your requirements. That way you can base it on personal experience of what you like, rather than what you think you might like on paper, or what other people have told you.

Start with, say, a CB500. Easy to sell on with not much lost on it when you do. You can then find that you actually want a more upright riding position, or sportier, or a lower seat, or with more low down grunt, or with a higher redline, or more shaft and less chain, or more carrying capacity, or with better fuel economy.

Get an initial yardstick, and give yourself permission to be OK with changing your mind about your requirements. It's not the wrong bike, it's research Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

kgm
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:43 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
I would buy something that is an all rounder with the intention of keeping it a year or two to give yourself a decent baseline of your requirements. That way you can base it on personal experience of what you like, rather than what you think you might like on paper, or what other people have told you.

Start with, say, a CB500. Easy to sell on with not much lost on it when you do. You can then find that you actually want a more upright riding position, or sportier, or a lower seat, or with more low down grunt, or with a higher redline, or more shaft and less chain, or more carrying capacity, or with better fuel economy.

Get an initial yardstick, and give yourself permission to be OK with changing your mind about your requirements. It's not the wrong bike, it's research Smile

^This +1 Thumbs Up

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:15 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's spot on there. First bike is an experiment, each subsequent is a refinement. Then when you work out what you want, you find it's what you wanted and not what you want now! And the process starts again.

I never thought I'd have two bikes in the garage, but that's the way I tick all the boxes these days.

One last thing - never be afraid to just sell a bike on if you're not enjoying it. If you're not, then just punt it - don't wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:15 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Shaggy except for the CB500. That's too boring.

Obviously your budget would help. At forty 'breaking the bank' could mean 2 grand or 20 grand.

If you want retro on a budget - Zephyr.

On a non budget - A WR, Bonneville or Street Twin. Obviously the Triumph has all the electronic aids or crap, depending on your point of view.

If you are going second hand I would suggest something like an ER6, Fazer600, CBR600 etc. OK not retro but will give you a better idea of what you like/want. Not a huge amount of cash and if you dislike you can sell on for not much loss.

If I was you though, a Street Twin or a Bonneville (a Hinkley bike, not a Meriden pile of pants).

I am, however a Triumph fan Thumbs Up

I_A_McD
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 10:44 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Obviously your budget would help. At forty 'breaking the bank' could mean 2 grand or 20 grand.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, Budget?? one where I'm not spending more on the bike than I would get from it. not really thought about a max but it is a first bike so 3-4K?

Neutral Thumbs Up Thumbs Down

I will, as several posters have commented, start walking the dealers and parking my rear on some frames and see what fits.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:46 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, the CB500 is a boring bike, but it's cheap, friendly and does what it says on the tin. I kept mine for 6 years, I like boring Smile

Seriously though, it doesn't really matter what first bike you get, as long as it's understood it ain't going to be your forever love.

Also, just to put it out there, it's OK to have more than one at a time Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:00 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_A_McD wrote:
it is a first bike so 3-4K?

More or less.

I mean, I'd spend more on something nearly new that I was intending to keep, or I'd spend less on something that's done most of its depreciation and which can't lose much when you punt it on.

Privately, £1500 - £2000 will get you a decent enough (e.g.) ER6. If you do end up going retro, then you will likely have to stump up more.

Dealers offer the convenience of a selection of bikes, but you'll pay £500 - £1000 more than private, and don't expect anything extra for that money in terms of test rides or preparation.

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm like a broken record but:

Your first bike should be naked and a bit tatty*. It will probably end up on its side at some point. I had an ER5 as my first bike which went down three times in my ownership of it, for various reasons (vandalism, disklock etc) and basically did it no harm. Something shiny will get scuffed. Something faired will get cracked and broken. Dropping a 1k bike is embarassing. Dropping a 5k bike ruins your week.

You're still learning for ages after you've passed your test. Serve that apprenticeship on something that is, essentially disposable. In 12 months, once you're comfortable (and you have more idea what you do and don't like) then look at getting your dream bike.

* Cosmetically imperfect but as good mechanically as possible

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck fucking retro - it's a blight on biking, for all kinds of reasons. Don't get me wrong - I've been there. But really wished I hadn't bothered. They're ALL shit bikes that put form over function. One exception is maybe the thruxton r. That could be a laugh - but it's way out of my league.

Also, the CB500 isn't boring. It's lack of comparative refinement with a lot of contemporary stuff means it at least always FEELS like a bike, whereas some more recent bikes seem closer to cars. Secondly, with soft compound tyres it handles *very* well. Thirdly, there's nothing stopping you riding everywhere at ninety on it. Which is about as fast as you reasonably want to go on a totally naked bike. The real fun in old shitters like the cb500 is learning to ride it properly, then spanking the arses of those on bikes that have twice the power and cost ten times as much. Nothing boring about that at all.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

An FZS600 Fazer is still great first big bike. Enough performance to be fun, comfortable with some wind protection, handles well enough to be enjoyable on the twisty stuff, will cruise all day happily on a motorway, including loaded up with the touring luggage, easy to handle in town traffic, cheap to buy, not silly money to run, reliable if it has been reasonably well looked after...ticks all boxes to a reasonably high degree.

Word of the day: reasonably.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_A_McD wrote:
[.... Budget?? .... but it is a first bike so 3-4K?

IMO it's more that enough for your 1st bike.
As I mentioned before, £1.5-2.5k will get you a decent older bike.
You'd be one of the small minority (I'd guess under 5%) if you still love your 1st bike and don't look at least slightly enviously at other bikes, after 6-12 months of ownership.

Again, you'll be one of the small minority if you don't drop your 1st bike at some time.
Almost everyone drops it whilst pushing it around the garage/driveway/car park and there's a fair chance of doing it whilst manoeuvring at very slow speed (somewhere familiar where you're not concentrating as much as you would be on the open road, like a car park/driveway etc). So best to learn from that on a cheaper bike.

Someone mentioned a Transalp and I would say that I'm very happy with mine.
It's not retro, it's not especially good at anything but it's so simple and natural to ride that I take it in preference to my faster bike whenever I know I'll spend a lot of time in traffic and will need to be particularly observant.
Although there are quite a few very decent bike suggestions already on here from others.

One other point, when you sit on dealer bikes, if it's got a centre stand then try it briefly with the centre stand up.
It's difficult to appreciate how much the suspension drops with your weight on it when it's on the stand, and you'll need some ground clearance if you're riding farm tracks.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:32 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me there's some right old Tef style old wives tales, certain feelings that OP will have for first bike after X-months, and how getting into bikes is a game or rite of passage that your expected to fuck up, or try and chase the inexistant holy grail etc bollocks etc!

First off OP says they want a retro bike, and your all putting him on an everyman boringly competent Frazer.

Then you tell him he will scratch up and drop and crash his first bike, almost like if you crash the fuck out of your first bike it gets it out of your system and then you'll never put so much as a mark on your eventual exotic superbike?

Fuck me If I worked like that guaranteed, I'd buy 3old shitters in a row and crash and bash em to death. You don't think it could work out that the guy who starts out wobbling along on a brand new CBF125 might never crash it, but once he has worked up in experience and confidence to a Ducati 1299R that he might go out for a blast thinking ''Rossi can't ride this road like me'' and then stack his 18k superlegera at 120mph when his talent can't keep up with his confidence?

Also you say you'll always quickly get bored of first bike and be envious of other bikes. Well in that case why not start out on a new Fireblade SP as the cool bike feels might last longer?

Oh and recommending a very modern looking Street bike for looking cool instead of the desired retro, is like saying to an off road newbie that wants to green lane and then do enduro events, the bike you want is a Honda Blackbird, not a KTM exc.

You all assume this guy will dip a toe in the water of bikes, and then be hooked on a never ending quest to buy the perfect do everything bike like it's a drug, and that also that the bloke might not have any other interests other than becoming bike obsessive?

Maybe I'm just a moaning old bastard here, but It really does seem to be the same very opinionated know it alls that keep spouting their speil to every new biker that dares to ask a question, like it's the definitive authority on the subject.

OP it's your life, your bike, your money, buy whatever the fuck you like and see how it goes. Your own judgement might just be better or as valid as the shouting keyboard warriors ramming instructions down your neck.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

First off OP says they want a retro bike, and your all putting him on an everyman boringly competent Frazer.

I'd say an FZS600 is pretty retro by now, not only in that it's still an unmolested carb model, but it's looks are somewhat dated too (which is one reason I like them). And I actually very much enjoyed riding one, even coming from the thou - not boring at all.

Quote:
Then you tell him he will scratch up and drop and crash his first bike, almost like if you crash the fuck out of your first bike it gets it out of your system and then you'll never put so much as a mark on your eventual exotic super bike?

This is a good point. I never stacked my GPz Turbo, or the brand new GSXR 750 that followed it, but threw a brand new FZ750 down the road a week into ownership after that.

Quote:
Also you say you'll always quickly get bored of first bike and be envious of other bikes. Well in that case why not start out on a new Fireblade SP as the cool bike feels might last longer?

This is a good point. I did the equivalent after passing my test, no regrets Smile

Quote:
Maybe I'm just a moaning old bastard here

This is a good point Whistle

Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Alpineandy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:56 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Then you tell him he will scratch up and drop and crash his first bike, almost like if you crash the fuck out of your first bike it gets it out of your system and then you'll never put so much as a mark on your eventual exotic superbike?

Are you reading things that aren't written again...
Where has anyone said he'd crash it?

We all know you're the minority of riding gods that never dropped a bike and still loves the 1st bike you ever bought.
Rolling Eyes

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Ranty McRantspergings

https://viralviralvideos.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-angry-kid-mad-u-mad-you-mad-GIF.gif
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 246 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2