Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Car bumped into - what do?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:54 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Car bumped into - what do? Reply with quote

My sis in laws car was parked in Asda carpark, when she came back to her car, a car (new Q3) from the other side of the car park had rolled into hers (driver hadnt put the handbrake on)

Sis waited for Q3 driver to come back, gave her contact details an said would be in touch. Sis took her car to local garage who have quoted for new bumper etc which comes to £500

Mrs Q3 wants the quote, photo proof of damage to make sure it matches photos she took and also sis's insurance details ....?

she hasnt done this yet.

So, what do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why hasn't she? The issue's if she hasn't told her insurance company, could be dozy Q3 lady wants to go through insurance now she's seen the size of the repair bill.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:33 - 25 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Agree^^

Nowadays anything involving new cars is going to end up insurance. If people haven't had a prang they have no idea how expensive the repairs are going to be. Gone are the days of bunging the bloke fifty quid for a repair.

I would just get the insurance company involved straight away. If she's fully comp get the car repaired and let the insurance company chase the culprit for reimbursement.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:27 - 26 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

+3

I'm guessing SiL's car has an unpainted bumper, or the quote is for a cheapo pattern job and Dulux paint put on with a roller, because 500 quid gets you bugger all these days.

If Mrs Q3's bumper also needs replacing, she won't be seeing much change out of £1000 just for that job, so combining the two will almost certainly see her going through insurance.

Give over the details, then pray that having a non fault claim doesn't effect her future premiums.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers all, car is a Peugeot 207cc thing, its all painted.

The garage quote is a family friend so probably doing it as mates rates...

I have told her to pass details on etc an let insurance do its thang

cheers

mas101
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:34 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need at all to provide your insurance details.

Quote + pics fair enough.

Do you have their insurance details? No need to go through your own insurance - if the pther party isnt going to cough up sharpish just go straight to their insurer.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit, I got swiped on a roundabout and the other car drove off.

Took the car to a spray shop and was charged £250 for a new front panel, spraying that as well as a half bumper spray. Such a good job the only way anyone knows is when I tell them and even then many cannot see the blending...

Smaller independent places can do a lot more with a lot less money than these big high street places that bend you over at the door...

2005 307, orrid gold.

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
^^Agree^^

Nowadays anything involving new cars is going to end up insurance. If people haven't had a prang they have no idea how expensive the repairs are going to be. Gone are the days of bunging the bloke fifty quid for a repair.

Yeah, case study..
1998 I went into the back of a Vauxhall VX 4/90, bent his metal bumper - total cost £150. Neutral
2003 Went into the back of a modern car, bent her plasticy bumber - total cost over two grand Shocked

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_Pagin wrote:
Yeah, case study..
1998 I went into the back of a Vauxhall VX 4/90, bent his metal bumper - total cost £150. Neutral
2003 Went into the back of a modern car, bent her plasticy bumber - total cost over two grand Shocked

I think that's the price you pay for you know, not dying when you crash in a modern car Smile

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audi Q3 starts at 26k for base model, and she can't find 500 quid.

Pathetic.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:24 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Audi Q3 starts at 26k for base model, and she can't find 500 quid.

Pathetic.

It is on tick. Clearly. Some people like nice but can't afford to pay up front, we aren't all empire building bigheads baby Wink

However, insurance instantly, fuck them for all they are worth, every single time. Someones incompetence = my gain.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
It is on tick. Clearly. Some people like nice but can't afford to pay up front, we aren't all empire building bigheads baby Wink

Ahh, don't be like that. Laughing I drive a very modest car. But it's paid for and that's what really counts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:56 - 27 Jul 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive what I can pay out for fully, but some people aren't that well off.

Mines paid for by insurance trolling and breaking bones. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 266 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1