Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Ramadan vs Christmas

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Ramadan vs Christmas Reply with quote

Has anyone noticed how when it's Christmas the usual types always try to make it a "shared" holiday, a winter festival etc? But when Ramadan rolls around, it's Ramadan the extremely important Islamic festival, definitely not a shared one.

Seems pretty racist to me Christmas Hat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:52 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not noticed because I couldn't care less. Thumbs Up
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm part of the Leeds Facebook group which has about 250000 people. Recently seen tons of posts from Muslims giving it all the "We don't celebrate christmas but we're good people and wish you all the best at this time of year" malarkey.

Fair enough in some respects. Very virtue signally though.

The shared-festivity-non-religious-community-experience-festival bollocks around Christmas is blatant white guilt from the faux-liberal classes.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:57 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christians stealing Pagan traditions again. Rolling Eyes

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:02 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

muslims love Christmas, double pay for taxi drivers!

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andys675 wrote:

In Leeds they keep going on strike. Driving at half speed everywhere. Something to do with not being allowed to usurp the lanes and facilities the council provides for its own taxi drivers.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:43 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
andys675 wrote:

In Leeds they keep going on strike. Driving at half speed everywhere. Something to do with not being allowed to usurp the lanes and facilities the council provides for its own taxi drivers.

Private hire v Hackneys?

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Private hire v Hackneys?

Pretty much.

I might as well start picking up people at bus stops because "it's all the same" according to the Leeds private hire lot.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:03 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old English hāligdæg ‘holy day’ ---> Holiday Laughing
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

If I did that WRT to Ramadan you'd call me racist, xenophobic and intolerant. But the other way around its virtuous.

Then again you live in London, so if you said anything different you'd be burned at the stake by a rampaging mob. Health and safety first.

andys675 wrote:

Muslims aren't the issue, they are a 3rd party. It's the virtue signalling progressives who sh1t on anything they see as white or western in the hope that other people will like them. It's quite tragic really.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:45 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
seen tons of posts from Muslims giving it all the "We don't celebrate christmas but we're good people and wish you all the best at this time of year" malarkey.

muslims or Ahmadis?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:48 - 26 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Private hire v Hackneys?

Pretty much.

I might as well start picking up people at bus stops because "it's all the same" according to the Leeds private hire lot.

It's not exclusively a Muslim, nor Leeds, issue.

They're the same here, private hire getting their fannies sandy because only hackney's are entitled to use the bus lanes etc.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mates firm renamed Christmas to the Winter Festival as not to offend Muslims.

However my sons primary school does the Christmas Nativity and play at the local church. There is probably around 5% asian kids at his school.

Anyway, I would say half the church was full from the asian kids families, so I don't think they could care less and are not offended in the slightest.

My colleague is a mulsim and she celebrates Christmas, tbh it seems identical to my Christmas minus the booze.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:47 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As debated at great length in Random Banter, it's a commercial event (for the majority of people).

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:38 - 27 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
I'm part of the Leeds Facebook group which has about 250000 people.

That must be a fuckton of torrential spam.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 01:06 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
My colleague is a mulsim and she celebrates Christmas, tbh it seems identical to my Christmas minus the booze.

What about pigs in blankets? They're needed for guarding the turkey.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:25 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Ramadan vs Christmas Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Has anyone noticed how when it's Christmas the usual types always try to make it a "shared" holiday, a winter festival etc? But when Ramadan rolls around, it's Ramadan the extremely important Islamic festival, definitely not a shared one.

Seems pretty racist to me Christmas Hat

The whole country shares the Christmas holiday, Christian or not. Shops and workplaces close. No one is stopping you from celebrating Ramadan if you want to. "Winterval" is apocryphal anyhow.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramadan vs Christmas???

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/400x/66044242/theres-only-one-way-to-find-out-fight.jpg

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:57 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Ramadan vs Christmas Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I'm not sure it's the "right to celebrate" this topic is about.
The point is that the Christian festival is more and more often rebranded as "holidays" to not offend non Christians and to distance it from religion.
There would be outrage amongst the Muslim community if this was done to their festival.

Absolutely. I don't expect the BBC will be branding Ramadan as a generic midsummer festival. Oh no, it's the sacred and precious Islamic festival, an important time for Muslims, and which we must deeply respect. Christmas however, meh, generic winter festival. It's part of a wider pattern of liberal metropolitan types thinking it is virtuous to be hateful to people they see as "white" or "christian" or "natively British". They say they hate racism and xenophobia yet they carry out those actions themselves and expect people to be impressed when they do it. It's like opposing suicide by shooting yourself in the head.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:14 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Ramadan vs Christmas Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Has anyone noticed how when it's Christmas the usual types always try to make it a "shared" holiday, a winter festival etc?

No.
I think you've just remembered the old Daily Mail story which was shown to be rubbish.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2058830/Clarifications-corrections.html

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:41 - 28 Dec 2017    Post subject: Re: Ramadan vs Christmas Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Has anyone noticed how when it's Christmas the usual types always try to make it a "shared" holiday, a winter festival etc?

No.
I think you've just remembered the old Daily Mail story which was shown to be rubbish.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-2058830/Clarifications-corrections.html

No.
I think I was looking at the Google Winter Festival doodle.

Better luck next time Wink

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:28 - 29 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest UK Google Doodle I can find to Dec 25th 2017 is this one.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 82 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2