Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

1994 Suzuki GSX1100F SPS

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Wookiee
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 16:38 - 29 Jul 2017    Post subject: [FOR SALE] 1994 Suzuki GSX1100F SPS Reply with quote

Hi there, it's with much regret that my trusty Suzuki GSX1100F is up for sale. I purchased this bike a the beginning of Feb this year, I've covered over 3,000 trouble free miles with a few runs to the Lake District, Bourton on the Water and a few local ride outs. She's never missed a beat and starts first time every time.

About the bike, she was registered in 1994. The chap I purchased her from had owned her since 2002 and traveled around Europe and went as far as Morocco on her, during his ownership he uprated the front shocks (progressive), polished the calipers and uprated the rear shocker. He also upgraded the seat which gives a nice comfy ride over long distances, my trips to the Lake District were comfortable on this bike.
She is MOT'd until 1st Feb 2018, the tyres are matched Metzelers which plenty of life left in them (these were fitted shortly before I purchased the bike). This is the SPS model (Suzuki Power Screen) so the screen can be lowered and raised to suit the weather/riding conditions, nice oddball little feature which is in working order.
She is now 23 years old so has some cosmetic issues as expected, the is scuffing to both side fairings, the front O/S indicator is taped on as is the O/S mirror (replacements could be found on eBay but this never bothered me). Upon start up she does like some choke, once warmed up she runs nicely and pulls well. The clutch and gearbox are both in good mechanical order, chain and sprockets have plenty left in them. There is a bit of tappet noise but nothing bad, small dent on the lower part of the fuel tank (N/S) and the clutch lever is a bit bent out of shape. the front end has a bit of a wobble, the headstock bearings were replaced about 6 weeks ago so I'm guessing the front wheel needs to be balanced as there's no movement in the forks or wheel bearing.

I'm not trying to make the bike sound awful, just being up front about her scars. All in all this is a great old bike which has provided much enjoyment and can still surprise people with her speed. There is a cheap topbox fitted which can hold a lid, couple of bags of shopping or a severed head quite easily. She has stainless steel exhaust headers (no worries there), Nexxus end cans (a bit scruffy) and side & centre stands (always useful having a centre stand). This engine is oil cooled, the oil cooler is in good shape as is the pipework.

All in all she's an honest ol girl which would be a great commuter, winter bike (whilst your shiny ride is kept warm and dry over winter) or just some cheap and cheerful fun.

There is an SPS GSX1100F on eBay (item number 222359888533) that's done 50k that's advertised at £1795.

I'm asking for £795 due to the cosmetics, I'm not knocking £100's off so don't offer me much below what I'm asking as it's hard to find a half decent bike for under a grand.

Best thing to do is to give me a call with any questions you have & arrange a viewing, if the advert is still on here then the bike is still available. If you want a test ride then the full asking price has to be in my hand in cash (don't forget to bring your lid as well), you bend it, you've bought it.

I can't seem to add photo's so message me with your email address and I'll send them.

I'm based in Milton Keynes, thanks & ride safe.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 244 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1