Police portable dyno and unrestricted bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:48 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP does sound green don't he!

I'd be happy to ride around sensibly, on a clean t&t ZX12R, with a fully legal legit insured Aprilia RS125 number plate on it. In fact if I wanted to make a bit more of an effort, I'd de sticker the Kwak and put a big Aprilia logo on the fairing.

I would definitely consider leaving off the flip up number plate gizmo though I once saw on a 12R.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ARS125
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:59 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I did 15 years ago but that's not very relevant to now. Laughing

What portable dyno do plod have? It'd be cheaper and easier for them to seize the vehicle and have it inspected than to call out a mobile dyno.

The only occasions I've seen on here of people getting busted for riding a derestricted bike are people who've fucking admitted it so don't do that.

If / when you get stopped by traffic plod then don't worry and don't crap yourself. If you're stood there looking nervous and guilty as hell then they're more likely to take an interest in you than if you give it the yes officer, no officer, of course officer, thank you officer, etc etc etc.

Act as if you're doing nothing wrong. Act as if you've got every right to be riding around on that bike. Don't be like the people you see on Police Interceptors who when asked which insurance company they're with, stand there ummmm'ing and arrrr'ing whilst trying to think of a lie.

You'll be fine so go for it. Do what Roger says and stop wobbling around on L plates.

Good advice, people definitely do fuck up in not having a story planned ahead of time. Will keep this in mind, for when i actually get the bike in road worthy condition lol.

Rogerborg wrote:

Nope. Closest we've seen is 50cc peds being victimised in organised stings at colleges.

Usual advice: admit to nothing, allow nothing, if it comes down to it, insist on your right to defer the test.

That is the the portable dyno that i was talking about. Good advice, cheers. I wasn't aware that you could refuse testing so its good to know.

Yes i do plan to do a real test, this RS 125 sure is not staying for long Thumbs Up

ARS125
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
OP does sound green don't he!

I'd be happy to ride around sensibly, on a clean t&t ZX12R, with a fully legal legit insured Aprilia RS125 number plate on it. In fact if I wanted to make a bit more of an effort, I'd de sticker the Kwak and put a big Aprilia logo on the fairing.

I would definitely consider leaving off the flip up number plate gizmo though I once saw on a 12R.

Not really just trying to not get caught again on the roads lol.

When you get 5 speeding tickets in a single month you kind of realize that you gotta smarten up at breaking motoring laws.

Anything else and I'm probably banned Rolling Eyes

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Five tickets in a month? Shocked

Fuck me, you need to either go out and buy some better specs, or rip up your own licence and surrender it for life to the DLVA.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ARS125
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:33 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:

Fuck me, you need to either go out and buy some better specs, or rip up your own licence and surrender it for life to the DLVA.

To be fair two of them was thanks to sneaky plod hiding out of sight with laser guns.

Mostly just for going 3 to 5mph over the speed limit. Although one caught me doing 63 in a 30 Sad

Its been a bad month, putting it down to learning experience and a broken speedo Smile

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair play to OP, he's one of those cheery 'the glass is half full' types.

Five tickets, personally if I didn't kill myself in shame I'd promise myself I'd rever ride/drive again.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARS125 wrote:
Although one caught me doing 63 in a 30 Sad

Your bike woes are over, insta ban for you!

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:56 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARS125 wrote:

Its been a bad month, putting it down to learning experience and a broken speedo Smile

I've ridden without a speedo for a year or so before, still no speeding tickets don't you understand staying on the side of caution when you're a little unsure?

Dalemac
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Even putting the choke on would probably outfox most of them.

Heck, hit the kill switch and watch the fun.

Dalemac wrote:
What about the 'deferred inspection". Is that still a thing?

Yes.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/67 (part 6)

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/schedule/2

So, surely, if the OP was pulled and a police officer states the vehicle needed testing to see whether it meets the law, simply ask for a deferred inspection. "But officer, im on my way to x right now, which is really important". Then go home, put in the restrictors, do the test.

Bob's you're uncle?

ARS125
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:03 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
ARS125 wrote:
Although one caught me doing 63 in a 30 Sad

Your bike woes are over, insta ban for you!

Well if we want to be precise then 6 points and a £680 fine would be more accurate. I honestly thought that was a pretty bad outcome.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:04 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARS125 wrote:
stevo as b4 wrote:

To be fair two of them was thanks to sneaky plod hiding out of sight with laser guns.

Mostly just for going 3 to 5mph over the speed limit. Although one caught me doing 63 in a 30 Sad

Hold on, What licence are you on, CBT?

Surly five speeding tickets, including a 63 in a 30 = bus ticket?

ARS125
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:38 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:

CBT

3 out of 5 tickets have received summons to court. 2 of them court hearings taken place last week and the final one is due to take place on Tuesday.

1. Heard nothing about this court case and it was in court before case. Called the DVLA and they have received no points from the magistrates regarding this first hearing. This this one was for doing 45 in a 40mph zone.

2. The more serious one 63mph on Edge Lane in Liverpool. This one was in court over 6 days after the first one and the DVLA has confirmed 6 penalty points and a 680 fine for this.

3. Due in court next week 34mph on a 30 road, if i remember correctly.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 23:44 - 03 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/jCO30gZ.png?1

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:22 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARS125 wrote:
Tracer1234 wrote:

CBT

3 out of 5 tickets have received summons to court. 2 of them court hearings taken place last week and the final one is due to take place on Tuesday.

1. Heard nothing about this court case and it was in court before case. Called the DVLA and they have received no points from the magistrates regarding this first hearing. This this one was for doing 45 in a 40mph zone.

2. The more serious one 63mph on Edge Lane in Liverpool. This one was in court over 6 days after the first one and the DVLA has confirmed 6 penalty points and a 680 fine for this.

3. Due in court next week 34mph on a 30 road, if i remember correctly.

For 4 and 5 mph over the limit? I smell cheesy feet.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:34 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Police portable dyno and unrestricted bike Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I disagree on this one. Coppers can spot a 125* and seem to think they all should have L plates.

*I realise we're talking about a sporty 2-stroke so f**k knows what they'll make of it

Agreed, I got pulled by an un-marked plod on the M60 on a 125cc Varadero without L plates and accused of taking them off and having them in my pocket - he wouldn't look at my licence that I'd got in my hand (had full A restricted to 33bhp) and told I had to produce my documents but given no paperwork to do so.

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 04:17 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You 'may' accrue the full 12 allowable penalty points on a first provisional licence, before ban.

If you have passed 'any' driving test and been awarded a 'full' licence, then for two-years you are subject to the New-Drver-Act probation; where 6 points begs a revocation, rather than disqual.

If you have more than 6-points on the licence when promoted from provisional to full, then they 'tally' is frozen, and 'any' additional points result in revocation.

When you are 'suspended'; your licence entitlements.. ALL of then, you only have ONE licence; covers all classes of vehicle; are 'suspended' for the minimum period of 'suspension' imposed by the court; you may not use ANY motor vehicle, on the public road; from a self propelled lawn-mower through to a 75Ton truck; Nada, nothing; you are a Pedestrian for period of 'ban'.

When your suspension period has expired, they don't just hand you back your licence; you have to earn it by taking an extended re-test for disqualified driver, for entitlement you held before ban. Pass that; you gt back 'all' entitlements suspended.

IF you are 'revoked' under NDA.... your licence is 'revoked'; ripped up, dead, no longer exists. You still have mandatory period of suspension, you are a pedestrian for, you cant ride or drive anything. When that has expired, you go back to the bottom of the ladder, and have to apply for a fresh provisional, as if you NEVER had a licence, and take the normal tests for every entitlement you want or had on your licence, over again.

Five speeding tickets in a month... and 6-points already 'won' and the jury still out on more..... on a bike you aren't actually qualified it use, even if it 'was' restricted?

And the BIGGEST worry you have is whether the plod 'might' dyno your illegal bike?!?!?!?!?

Oh.. and whether you can rag the crap out of a rebuilt motor from the off, or whether sticking to the 'run-in' regime, is really 'worth it'?!?!?

You know.. a 'some-one' might suggest that in your position, triple checking both L-Plates are fitted, secure, legal size and visibility, and doing every-damn thing possible to avoid ANY chance of being pulled, let alone dyno's less still another ticket 'might' be the slightly more sensible thing to be worrying about here and now... that same 'some-one' might even go so far as to suggest flogging the ruddy 'prilla, and buying somethng a little more pedestrian, but not quite as pedestrian as walking, like a C90, or something a coppa will take pitty on you having to ride, rather than want to do you for something for obviously being a tear-away twit, bound to be trying (and likely failing by declared track record!) to get away with some sort of 'getting away with it' bit of criminal genius..

Following Sids comments though, IF you continue as suggested, the only question is which desaster will befall you first; a) You loose your (provisional) licence b) Your blow up your lovingly ragged in new engnee c) yuu completely trash the whole bike in almost high-speed antics, whilst screaming "You'll never take me alive, coppa!"

Where's the shaky-head emoticon, when you need it? And why is Alice Copper ringing in my ears?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:07 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arcane is it really you Embarassed Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:28 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
arcane is it really you Embarassed Laughing

I'd hate to think there were two of them.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socky McSockton of Socktenville!

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

I don't know what that is, and I'm not 100% sure what I should be inferring from it, but I haven't had to suppress an ejaculation of laughter like that in years.

Good work.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:51 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Poor things got pink eye.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:56 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm voting Arcane
or that untitled1995 guy

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brian Conley's nailed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or8rKW6S3pU

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:14 - 04 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
I'm voting Arcane
or that untitled1995 guy

Weren't they the same person?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 260 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3