Avoiding morons overtaking into your path

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 07 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

doggone wrote:
If bike was visible because not behind the hedge theywouldn't have?

It's a blind corner, there's no valid reason for overtaking another moving vehicle there.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:32 - 07 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
Christ alive, Driving slow is Not hazardous Tut Tut.

Do 30 mph down the motorway and then tell us what happens Rolling Eyes If your car's in limp mode you should get off the road and call recovery, it's what you know responsible motorists who don't want to be a hazard do.

skatefreak
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:55 - 07 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Do 30 mph down the motorway...

Now we've deviated from the original argument just a little really...

People driving slowly for whatever reason are not responsible for the actions of others, therefor people taking dangerous chances to overtake them where it's not appropriate is 100% on them.

No one is 'Making them' overtake the slower vehicle on a blind corner and the only reason anyone would is that they are impatient and selfish cunts who think 'making progress' is more important than other peoples lives (and their own) and I seriously hope they potato themselves with a tree before they get anyone else hurt?!
People with attitudes like that should not be on the road!

Take responsibility for your own actions... that is all I'm saying. Rolling Eyes

Ps - Limp mode... That's exactly what it's there for.. to get you home so you can get it looked at without leaving you stranded ... Doh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 07 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatefreak wrote:
Why am I so easily baited Rolling Eyes

it's been fun. I'm done Thumbs Up

I knew you weren't Dance!

skatefreak wrote:
Ps - Limp mode... That's exactly what it's there for.. to get you home so you can get it looked at without leaving you stranded ... Doh!

At whatever f**k everyone else speed? My dads car recently went into limp mode on a busy A road, he called recovery. He's also the sort of irresponsible tw@ who overtakes cars dawdling along.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 07 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once I agree with both sides.

I believe the slow drivers DO irritate irrational people into making bad / dangerous overtakes...

I also think the overtakers need to chill out a bit and just sit back and enjoy the drive. 😂😂

They will end up at the bingo or the garden centre they are headed to soon enough.

Back on topic, identify the roads this may happen on (high hedges / bendy / farm rich routes etc) and just be ready for it at each corner. Unless it's a ridiculously narrow road - or you are riding a huge BMW with side bags - there should be enough room for an overtaking car (dickhead) and you on the far left avoiding them - whilst giving the horn and showing them the finger. 😂👍
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 255 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2