What hat?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto
View previous topic : View next topic  

Damon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:44 - 15 Oct 2019    Post subject: What hat? Reply with quote

Hi gents,

following on from my other thread I'm needing a new enduro/greenlaning lid. My current Airoh is old and although it's been stored in its box I wouldn't want to risk using it again.

I'm well out of touch with who makes what now so some advice is much appreciated Thumbs Up

So if you had a maximum £150/£200 to spend what would you go for? I don't mind going for a discounted last years model if it saves a few pennies.

I have a road bike with a very decent road lid so this is purely for rolling around in the sticks.

I do like look of the fox v2... any brands to stay away from?

Thanks all,
Damo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 18 Oct 2019    Post subject: Hat. Reply with quote

I have an agv ax8 that I got for £110, it isn't perfect, but was half the price of an xlite x551 and is a lot lighter.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:00 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Hat Reply with quote

Are you looking at a dual sport type with a visor? Or a normal crosser type with goggles? Not tried fox helmets, but have an o'neal sierra that is really good for green laning. However, I prefer a normal crosser helmet with goggles, just for the airflow and less misting up on wet days! When doing lots of road miles between lanes, a dual sport is quieter and less rain gets in.

Damon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:11 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies both of you.

I went for an Airoh twist in the end as I got some discount on a discounted line of colours. (2019 colours)

My old Airoh Mx lid was excellent so I thought it best to stick with what I know.

This is only for some greenlaning and a bit of enduro so a proper Mx lid is a must. Need to pick up some goggles now as my old ones are actually falling apart.

Tyres are here and wheel bearings, bark busters and gloves are in the post. Wahoo!

I'm spannering at the bsb this weekend so I'll get all the goodies when I'm back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Damon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:13 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.ibb.co/gdgjrpx/2019-twgr18-i34244-k-Q1zg-Gh-l2.png

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:48 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that have a visor, hard to see.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:12 - 19 Oct 2019    Post subject: Reply with quote

Visorless and wiperless.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 4 years, 152 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1