Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Triumph Street Triple 125 confirmed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:41 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Triumph Street Triple 125 confirmed Reply with quote

Well, Triumph outsource production of "mid-capacity" bikes to Bajaj, who make the totally-not-a-bunch-of-lemons KTM 125-390 Dukes.

https://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/triumph-announces-plans-new-range-mid-capacity-bikes

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2017/august/triumph-bajaj/

Looks to be as much about Triumph getting their badges into the Bajaj dealers network in India. I'm not holding my breath for a Street 400-ish for the Euro4 market.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:53 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to dilute the brand Rolling Eyes

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:59 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Given their apparently piss poor sales in India-India-India, they don't really have much to lose, as long as they keep those bikes in the hot, sweaty parts of the world.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a way to get into the Indian and far eastern small bike market. Whether or not we will see anything here is debatable.

I'm sure John Bloor is not stupid enough to undo all the hard work that he has put into Triumph by bringing in poor quality controlled bikes into the European market.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo's dream land again, but what about if Triumph can eventually make a very light and well specced naked 400 triple with a 15'000rpm spunky 3pot engine for maybe 2grand less than a Street triple?

It could be the A2 darling bike and if they nail it right on the power and weight restrictions it would blow R3's and CB500R's out the water like a Nazi U-boat. In fact they could be a bit sneaky and over estimate the broucher wet weight by say 10kg and under quote the bhp by a couple of pony's, so nothing else can touch them? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:29 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Stevo's dream land again, but what about if Triumph can eventually make a very light and well specced naked 400 triple with a 15'000rpm spunky 3pot engine for maybe 2grand less than a Street triple?

It could be the A2 darling bike and if they nail it right on the power and weight restrictions it would blow R3's and CB500R's out the water like a Nazi U-boat. In fact they could be a bit sneaky and over estimate the broucher wet weight by say 10kg and under quote the bhp by a couple of pony's, so nothing else can touch them? Laughing

Even if it actually weighed 130kg and they stated 140kg, the maximum power output it could have to hit the limits would be 36bhp. Cosmic Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:36 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "390" KTMs already fiddle the limits. I believe there is (or was) an A2 and a not-quite-A2 version. That really is as good as Brussels will allow.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:58 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect no less though from the hard core orange people! It's just like all those 15bhp 125cc supermotards they sell to 15yr old Italian kids.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:19 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article on the background and what we know so far, although it's still mostly speculation.

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 15:19 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you reckon if a manufacturer has a bike that is over the power to weight limit they could make a restrictor kit that is a essentially a bolt on bit of lead? Laughing

el_oso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:23 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Do you reckon if a manufacturer has a bike that is over the power to weight limit they could make a restrictor kit that is a essentially a bolt on bit of lead? Laughing

can anyone come up with a plausible reason for the logic behind not allowing restriction if the original power to weight ratio exceeded a certain limit?

I too was wondering about these bolt on 'lead' restrictors. Seems counter intuitive when you've got euro4 to bring emissions down yet legislation in place that means manufacturers purposely would make heavier bikes because of some other euro power to weight balls.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 16:41 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a great idea. They could call it a tiger cub.

Spec. it with panners as standard. Heavy panniers.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

was thinking stock exhaust heavy as, you want de-restrictor kit, buy new zorst Razz

MATTT
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 07:23 - 11 Aug 2017    Post subject: Ktm duke 390? Reply with quote

I was toying with buying a used one next year
I have read a few things online but they ddint seem too terrible from what ive read
RjMaan This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:17 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what's that got to do with this situation?

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:19 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
And what's that got to do with this situation?

Ste for meds.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Triumph Street Triple 125 confirmed Reply with quote

RjMaan wrote:
It happens when any brand is not making huge profit, the bigger brand purchase that brand.

You be trollin'. All your posts are nonsense.

Last edited by Tracer1234 on 19:42 - 25 Aug 2017; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:27 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the waiting for the spam to start that's the worst part.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:18 - 25 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
It's the waiting for the spam to start that's the worst part.

Not when you pre-enemy...

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 25 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Bah Honda did this by putting CBR in front of everything!

I know lets put a fairing on a CBF500 and call it a CBR!

Etc.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:00 - 25 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBR500R, in case you'd forgotten by the time you got past the number.

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 06:10 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I'm sure John Bloor is not stupid enough to undo all the hard work that he has put into Triumph by bringing in poor quality controlled bikes into the European market.

I beg to differ. The T120 Bonneville I bought last year was riddled with faults and poor quality manufacture. Wheels that corroded within weeks, clocks that steamed up, poorly fitting parts. The poorest quality of any bike I've ever owned. I will never give Triumph another penny.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:32 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like they've outsourced the goose that laid the golden eggs.

I honestly don't see Indian made bikes working out well for their brand.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:45 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enduro Numpty wrote:

I beg to differ. The T120 Bonneville I bought last year was riddled with faults and poor quality manufacture. Wheels that corroded within weeks, clocks that steamed up, poorly fitting parts. The poorest quality of any bike I've ever owned. I will never give Triumph another penny.

Did you get rid? Back to them or?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 192 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2