Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Max Torque Cans - Dreadful

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Honest John This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:49 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP Engineering blocked me on their FB page after I commented about the new 1 day old exhaust rusting. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Honest John
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:00 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some curious incidents following my negative feedback of MTC on eBay.
I got a lot of emails and phone calls from bogus enquiries made on the internet using my details?
I can't say the two things are related. No. Definitely not. I've put it down to pure coincidence. I only mention it 'cos it was a funny thing to have happened.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Max Torque Cans - Dreadful Reply with quote

Honest John wrote:
Had to polish out unfinished welds. No fitting instructions are supplied + wrong parts sent. Aptitude and attitude very disappointing. Can't say that I'd recommend them to anyone.
There is a distinct lack of care. It's all about what you can get away with. The half finished, feck it, that'll do mentality.
Shirty attitude. Really didn't like being told that their product was below par. They pride themselves on their workmanship and customer service. Ha Ha Ha Ha HA HA HA! They proved that their slap dash attitude is not just reserved for manufacture, packing the right parts is a lottery too!
Aesthetics are important. Aesthetics are an added layer of love given to an object as an expression of pride or creativity that's over and above the basic needs provided by the object. It's a statement. Like icing on a cake. A non essential refinement of any object that enhances its beauty. Most people, like me, buy an end can just to make the bike look and sound better. The bike had a perfectly good exhaust on it. I can't imagine that MTC or even a quality manufacturer of exhausts putting something in that state up for display at an exhibition or show. I doubt that anyone would put that exhaust on their bike in its unfinished condition. This is just my opinion, which I am entitled to, but of course counts for nothing as far as MTC are concerned.

Well... that's one side of the story.

I've had several full exhaust systems from MTC over the years, for several different bikes and they have all been spot on with excellent build quality and top notch finishing.
I can't comment on the instructions as I have never found fitting an exhaust system to be so difficult that I have had to follow a step by step guide.

Customer service is pretty good too, both on the phone and when visiting the workshop in Burscough.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:14 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Local to me, had nothing but good experiences?

*shrug*

Honest John
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:26 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in engineering for decades and fitting an exhaust is not rocket science. I ended up having to fit it 3 times due to the wrong parts being sent and the incompetence of MTC. They couldn't give a shit about the state of the weld either. That's what they are all like, was their reply?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:29 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread needs photos.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:36 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest John wrote:
I've been in engineering for decades and fitting an exhaust is not rocket science. I ended up having to fit it 3 times due to the wrong parts being sent and the incompetence of MTC. They couldn't give a shit about the state of the weld either. That's what they are all like, was their reply?

If you managed to fit the exhaust 3 times, then what was the problem?

Honest John
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:41 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I polished the shit out of the end can to get it good enough to go on my bike. MTC actually said that the shitty weld did not matter as it was on the bottom so would not be seen? What sort of attitude is that? In actual fact, because it is a high level end can and due to the heat shield, it is the only bit that can easily be seen. Unbelievable!

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:43 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honest John wrote:
Unbelievable!

Well, I don't believe you.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:44 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread still needs photos.

Alex A
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've purchased several silencers and link pipes from MTC, although the last was 4-5 years ago. All were very well built and finished, and the company did demonstrate excellent service and a pride in their products. They're obviously no Akrapovic, but they're a fraction of the price. They were certainly as good as it gets for affordable sleeve/rivet type silencers available from various UK manufacturers (MTC/Caron Can Co/Blue Flame/Delkevic/Pipe Werx etc.).

Perhaps things have changed for the worse at MTC. But if that's true, then please post some photographs to illustrate your impressions.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:45 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Max Torque Cans - Dreadful Reply with quote

CaNsA wrote:
Customer service is pretty good too, both on the phone and when visiting the workshop in Burscough.

What about when you message them on eBay?

I guess we'll find out.

Honest John
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:47 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

No 1: I fitted the end can with the parts supplied in the box. When trying to replace the exhaust shield, I noticed that it could not be used with the supplied M8 bolt and aluminium spacer.
No 2: I tried fixing the end can with the special original equipment M10 exhaust bolt. The heat shield now fitted, but now the end can was touching the subframe?
I looked at the pictures of the my bike on the MTC website and it showed the end can fitted with the original equipment exhaust bolt and shield. I noticed that the flat on the exhaust strap looked to be twice the length of the one supplied to me. This, I thought, may be the reason why neither set up worked with the parts that were supplied? I was right. The end can had been sent dirty and unfinished, without instructions and with the wrong parts.
No 3: When the correct parts turned up I fitted it again.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:50 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Max Torque Cans - Dreadful Reply with quote

Quote:
Honest John

Well....

Martin H

Which is it?
Lying Twat John
Or
Martin

?

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/maxtorquecans.com

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem that MTC have not screwed you over at all.

Reply from Max Torque Cans

Published 24 hours ago
As a business who prides itself on excellent customer service, it is important that we respond to this negative and unfair feedback so that customers can see that Max Torque Cans always has customer satisfaction as a high priority.

Firstly thank you for now posting under a true name that we recognise as a customer who we have dealt with, as previously stated the original name you posted under was not a recognised customer.
You did indeed purchase an exhaust from us. On receipt of your exhaust you contacted to express your disappointment that the welded seam had not been polished. It was explained to you that we never polish the welded seam as in our professional opinion the weld would never achieve the mirrored finish of the stainless steel and the weld was clean and neat and in our opinion, the finish was exactly as it should be.
We explained that in our 17 years of trading you were in fact the first customer to complain about this but we acknowledged your disappointment and offered to polish the seam if you returned the exhaust to us. You declined this offer and stated you would sort the polish yourself. However you still vented your disappointment and so in order to try to further rectify the situation we offered to send a courier to collect the exhaust from you, at your convenience, and issue you with a full refund. This offer was also rejected by you.
It was at this point we could do no more for you as you had refused every option that we had offered.

Yes, we do not supply fitting instructions with each exhaust, but we have manufactured and sent thousands of exhausts and fitting instructions are not routinely required by our customers. If on occasion we have had a customer who has had difficulty fitting their exhaust we have always been available to talk them through any problems that they have had.
Yes, we unfortunately sent the wrong strap to you as we are only human and occasionally human error does occur. We make, pack and send many exhausts every week and on occasion we may make a mistake. What you failed to include in your feedback however was that when you brought this to our attention we apologised and sent you the correct strap straight away.

Max Torque Cans believes we did everything possible to try and rectify the customer dissatisfaction that you expressed. We could do no more than offer collection and a full refund. So based on this we are disappointed that you have taken to the internet to give 1 star negative feedback that does not give a true reflection of the situation as anyone reading it would not be blamed if they thought that we had made no attempts to resolve the situation based on the facts that you have supplied.

As a customer you are of course entitled to share your thoughts about our product and customer service but as the manufacturer we are also entitled to defend our customer service and to give a full account of the issue so that any other customers reading our reviews can make opinions based on the true facts.

We will not be making any further response to this review but we would like to highlight where you have asked people to look at the negative review on our eBay shop. We also encourage people to do so as they will find that there is only 1 and this is in fact written by you and therefore still does not reflect our products and customer service.

Martin
Max Torque Cans

Honest John
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:55 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is what it is. Very Very Poor. From start to finish. You think I'm a liar? That's up to you.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:56 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're a loony.

This thread is a great advert for Max Torque Cans.

They sound professional, diligent and reasonable.

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

Having seen their reply to the disgruntled customer, I'd buy from MTC. Dance!

CaNsA
Super Spammer

Honest John wrote:
It is what it is. Very Very Poor. From start to finish. You think I'm a liar? That's up to you.

"Honest John" Turns out to be "Martin H"

And if your whiny posts are anything to go by, I reckon you are a complete arsehole to try and deal.

So why didn't you accept the full refund and collection of the exhaust?

Honest John
Derestricted Danger

You only posted their comments?

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:58 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need to copy n paste your wall of sperg as your "points" have already been made in this thread, but if anyone is interested they can click the link

CaNsA wrote:
So why didn't you accept the full refund and collection of the exhaust?

Well?
Honest John This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
Honest John This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 08 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics of bike?
I reckon its a right shit heap.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 234 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4