Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TomTom talking over intercom : Sean SMH10

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Paul2129
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 22:07 - 09 Aug 2017    Post subject: TomTom talking over intercom : Sean SMH10 Reply with quote

I've posted this in the touring section since I think people interested in touring might best be able to answer the question :

When we pair the intercoms (Sena SMH10) rider to pillion, and have the sat nav set, the sat nav (Tomtom Rider v5) constantly cuts out our conversation while it gives instruction. Clearly the route directions are important, but man..... this thing never shuts up ! We ended up turning the Bluetooth off, and having to remember to check the screen, which isn't ideal.

Does anyone know any way to pair the devices in a different way, maybe so that maybe the conversation takes priority, or we can have route instructions without cutting the voice ?

My pillion doesn't hear the sat nav, so is busy talking away, and is wondering why I don't respond Sad

Any help would be appreciated

Paul
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 07:47 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the way it works, you either A) have to put up with it or B) turn of the voice instructions.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:26 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I daresay you would moan like fuck if you missed an important turn because you couldn't hear the instructions due to said woman yabbering in your lughole!

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: TomTom talking over intercom : Sean SMH10 Reply with quote

Paul2129 wrote:
My pillion doesn't hear the sat nav, so is busy talking away, and is wondering why I don't respond

Can you not configure the satnav to talk to the pillion as well, so then she'd hear it and stop her yabbering until Sally Satnav has done her stuff?

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:30 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the sat nav cuts in the pillion should hear a series of beeps to let them know the sat nav is talking.
She may well have heard the beeps and didn't know what they meant.

Rtwo
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:31 - 10 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The priorities for the SMH10 in order are:

HSP/HFP (Phone or GPS audio guidance)
Intercom (Communication between SMH10s)
Stereo music by audio cable through MP3 jack of the SMH10
A2DP (wireless stereo music)

Higher priority will always interrupt a lower priority being used

With the Tomtom you could select something other than the computer voice, which will switch off 'read aloud street names'
Or whatever the V5 Rider settings are - I can't remember TBH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1