Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Another dumb-@** question - Mid vs rear pegs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

CorriganJ
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:16 - 25 May 2020    Post subject: Another dumb-@** question - Mid vs rear pegs Reply with quote

Appologies for the stupid question. Still new to this whole thing although I got my first biker wave today (sent it back wrong though).

What are the point of rear sets? Do they give you more control over the bike? Or is it simply so they can be higher so you can lean further?

I may not be sitting on my bike correctly, but I prefer the dual sport neutral controls over the slighyly sportier, rear-ish pegs on my naked roadster. I feel like with the rear pegs, there is more weight on my wrists. Should I be sitting on the seat? Half-hovering over it with the weight on my feet? Knees clamped to the tank or relaxed riding position? Arms pushing me back away from the controls (and my ass further back in the seat) or relax and let my nuts slide slowly more and more up agaisnt the tank?

Can't wait until I'm old enough for a real dad bike and I can leave these silly sportsters to the kids. (Side note, eternally grateful that I got to try this (not even very extreme) riding position on a cheap ass 125, instead of buying an expensive sports bike and finding out I hated it).

Riejufixing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:11 - 25 May 2020    Post subject: Re: Another dumb-@** question - Mid vs rear pegs Reply with quote

CorriganJ wrote:
I may not be sitting on my bike correctly, but I prefer the dual sport neutral controls over the slighyly sportier, rear-ish pegs on my naked roadster. I feel like with the rear pegs, there is more weight on my wrists. Should I be sitting on the seat? Half-hovering over it with the weight on my feet? Knees clamped to the tank or relaxed riding position? Arms pushing me back away from the controls (and my ass further back in the seat) or relax and let my nuts slide slowly more and more up agaisnt the tank?

Can't wait until I'm old enough for a real dad bike and I can leave these silly sportsters to the kids. (Side note, eternally grateful that I got to try this (not even very extreme) riding position on a cheap ass 125, instead of buying an expensive sports bike and finding out I hated it).

What is this cheap donkey 125, your Hyosung GT125? Sit on it however you can, really. For top speed "put your nose on the clocks", for anything else, whatever's comfiest. If your own donkey isn't comfortably positioned on the seat, just try and adjust your position. I don't know whether you have any scope for adjusting the handlebar position at all, probably "not much", but the footrests, probably none. Just do whatever feels best, that is probably going to be a relative term if you have to go along tied up in knots.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 329 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1