Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bluetooth advice please

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kw54ajs
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 12:41 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Bluetooth advice please Reply with quote

Looking to purchase Bluetooth set, want to listen to good quality music from phone, use sat mac on phone and hear commands. Also want to speak to pillion on intercom.

We've seen the cheaper imported versions and ones closer to £300.

What do people recommend?

Is it best to go all out to ensure quality or is there a compromise a bit cheaper?

Would appreciate tips and advice. Thanks

jakebrownbass
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 13:57 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth advice please Reply with quote

Kw54ajs wrote:
Looking to purchase Bluetooth set, want to listen to good quality music from phone, use sat mac on phone and hear commands. Also want to speak to pillion on intercom.

Is it best to go all out to ensure quality or is there a compromise a bit cheaper?

Me & the Mrs have one of these on each helmet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01KA20MGE/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1498994497&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=motorcycle+bluetooth+headset

Inexpensive, sound quality is good enough & does all that you've asked for.

2 years through all weather and still going strong.

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:33 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myself and my Pillion both have a set of the ones Aldi did when bike year was going. Around £40 and I've found it brilliant. Can control my music from the headset, sat nav interrupts music and it's all nice, loud and clear! I'm well impressed for the money.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
Myself and my Pillion both have a set of the ones Aldi did when bike year was going. Around £40 and I've found it brilliant. Can control my music from the headset, sat nav interrupts music and it's all nice, loud and clear! I'm well impressed for the money.

Snap, whichever you get it has to support the a2dp profile if you want music.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:21 - 12 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth advice please Reply with quote

jakebrownbass wrote:
Kw54ajs wrote:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01KA20MGE/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1498994497&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=motorcycle+bluetooth+headset

Bon choice my friend, that's the same as the aldi one I use, battery life is excellent. Mainly used it for sat nav, occasional phone call. Lives on side of helmet in all sorts of filth, never protests.

Kentol750
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:16 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd on Aldi one. Works great at 70mph when you need to talk and music kills wind noise. Quick to fit too.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:30 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth advice please Reply with quote

jakebrownbass wrote:
Kw54ajs wrote:

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I searched intercoms the other day and this thread led me to this intercom.

It's currently on offer at Amazon

FreedConn BT Wireless Motorbike Intercom Headset 500M 10hrs Phone Talk Time for Motorcycle & Skiing Helmet, Compatible with Bluetooth Cell Phones, GPS, MP3 - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KA20MGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_oPthAb1A4PDJN

If they are any good that's a bargain.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth advice please Reply with quote

Kw54ajs wrote:

If you want to go cheap then buy a Budgie.

And I'm out. Smile

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Bluetooth advice please Reply with quote

... wrote:

It's currently on offer at Amazon

FreedConn BT Wireless Motorbike Intercom Headset 500M 10hrs Phone Talk Time for Motorcycle & Skiing Helmet, Compatible with Bluetooth Cell Phones, GPS, MP3 - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KA20MGE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_oPthAb1A4PDJN

If they are any good that's a bargain.

That's the same as the aldi one, I bought mine in a store as I needed it there and then for sat nav.

bacon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:24 - 28 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, I nearly bought it last week after reading this thread for £35.. it's nearly half price now, hence my updated post Smile

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 01 Dec 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite impressed with the sound quality on the Scala Rider Q1, with earplugs in it's a fairly balanced sound without any massive frequency bias. It's really quite good for listening to music at motorway speed. It sounds pretty harsh without earplugs, I assume by design. Does intercom/phone/radio/music/satnav. I think the more expensive models have more advanced bike to bike options. I don't have a use for that.

One thing I hate about the Scala design is the mount hangs down about 20mm below the helmet and I keep catching it on the stupid oversized plastic shoulder slider things on one of my jackets.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 139 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1