Suggestions for bikes that crackle and pop

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:52 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
No help, no advice in my usual charitable way, but what you absolutely Don't want then is anything two stroke. They are very quiet bikes generally speaking compared to nearly any freely breathing four stroke.

Eh? You can hear a teenager on their 50cc 'ped coming a mile off. The annoying sound is what puts me off 2-strokes.

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:46 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xj600 almost constantly crackles if you take of the silencer, doesn't sound anything like a nice sports bike though.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:29 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah of course an always flat out 50cc auto, with a cheap loud spannie and tiny silencer is annoying and sounds loud. Even then it's the pitch more than the volume though.

Let's compare an Aprilia RS125 and CBR125 though both with after market exhaust system fitted. The 2T is alot quieter most of the time and the sound dissipates more quickly. At idle or low rpm tootling in traffic you can bearly hear the muted lawnmower sound of the 2stroke. The CBR will always be vocal though and on full bore will sound like a huge fart amped through a Marshall stack.

You need more proof? Listen to the bikes at an MX race. However screamy or waspish you think 10 2strokes are racing into the first corner, the noise of 10 450's will fucking deafen you in comparison, and over say 15minutes the sound of the thumpers will hurt your head much more.

Another example is watching moto GP compared to a 500GP race. The 990's are bloody loud even on a closed throttle braking for a turn. Close the throttle on the quieter 500's, and they are virtually silent.

Oh and there's many reasons why I don't like two strokes, but trying to say they are too noisy is a silly must try much harder lame argument. I fucking hate the things at times too, so that's why I've only got five 2stroke engines in my possession.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:29 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Anyway anybody that is seriously considering what their next bike is solely based on the exhaust noise and how poppy and bangy it is, is a totally spasticated fucktard!

Should fit right in here then Very Happy

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:57 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Eh? You can hear a teenager on their 50cc 'ped coming a mile off. The annoying sound is what puts me off 2-strokes.

stevo as b4 wrote:
Oh and there's many reasons why I don't like two strokes, but trying to say they are too noisy is a silly must try much harder lame argument. I fucking hate the things at times too, so that's why I've only got five 2stroke engines in my possession.

It's like comparing a crying baby to a man shouting his head off. They have a distinctive sound you can hear over other traffic, 125s and even litre 4-strokes with stock/quiet exhausts blend in. Big thumpers are different and that's why you don't need to fit them with a look-at-me exhaust, unless you really want people to look at you.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:40 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me this post will make me sound like some miserable old bastard, but you do realise that the reason they (IL4's and other four strokes) blend in is because they are like arseholes.

I absolutely fucking guarantee that a GSXR 1000 with a tasty Yoshi can, will out noise an RS125 with any after market system you can think of.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:26 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

my mates ducati 899 sounds literally amazing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:29 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
Fuck me this post will make me sound like some miserable old bastard, but you do realise that the reason they (IL4's and other four strokes) blend in is because they are like arseholes.

I absolutely fucking guarantee that a GSXR 1000 with a tasty Yoshi can, will out noise an RS125 with any after market system you can think of.

Any bike with the right pipe will, you see lots of R125s with noisy exhausts, I knew someone with a Madass 125 that was the loudest thing I've ever heard... and used to spit flames too.

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:28 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ZX6 makes a lovely crackle crackle Bang when easing off the gas. (Akro SP under the seat) Laughing Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 249 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2