BCF: Bike Chat Forums

windshields

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

FazerRider
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:03 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: windshields Reply with quote

does anyone know if there is a law on windshields, I have sprayed the outer edge black, (i.e a 1.5 inch border) and i would like to spray the whole of the inside red, but this means i wont be able to see through it, would this be legal or illegal?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

FazerRider
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:31 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hope not, but cheers lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: windshields Reply with quote

FazerRider wrote:
does anyone know if there is a law on windshields, I have sprayed the outer edge black, (i.e a 1.5 inch border) and i would like to spray the whole of the inside red, but this means i wont be able to see through it, would this be legal or illegal?

The best answer to this is what do you honestly think the answer is?

Enduro Numpty
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:18 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you want to do this?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:24 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahem!

https://www.motorcycleclassics.com/-/media/Images/MCC/Editorial/Articles/Magazine-Articles/2012/03-01/Tamburinis-Dream-Machine-The-Ducati-Paso-750/Ducati-Paso-750-full-right-view.jpg

wristjob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:28 - 13 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats attractive

FazerRider
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 07:05 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the question, what do I honestly think, that is simple. I did'nt know, so the best thing is to ask. and they say 'pictures speak a 1000 words' well the picture says it all. and why you ask, the screen I am planning on spraying is full of scratches (severely scratched) so I would like to tidy it up, and to spray it is the only way I can think of rather than buying a new one. I would to thank you all for your answers, much appreciated Thumbs Up Very Happy

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:55 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

VInyl wrap it. It will look much better than paint.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:31 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ZZR I had a black double bubble on, you could only see through it if it was really bright sunlight,
This was replaced by a purple screen

The hornet has a black double bubble on it that you certainly can not see through

no fucks given by anyone unless it's a Harley with a tall screen that you're meant to look through, otherwise it is literally a wind-shield or wind deflector.

I assume it's on a Fazer from your user name, will you be tucking down behind it enough for it to obscure your vision forwards?

If no, then crack on.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 21:15 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it obscures your forward vision it is illegal, if it doesn't it isnt. that simple really.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:42 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
If it obscures your forward vision it is illegal, if it doesn't it isnt. that simple really.

Didn't seem to bother Ducati or the people who bought 'em!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
sickpup wrote:

TBH unless you were about 4 foot tall you could never tuck down behind the Paso screen.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:

I've thought you were short, didn't realise you were that short.

You can see over that screen just by sitting on the bike. It only obscures vision if you want it to much like closing your eyes.
Now stop being a dick. Thumbs Up

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:35 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it doesn't help that the OP has failed to tell us what the bike is.

If it's a cruiser or sit up and beg with a barn door screen, painting it would render it, fcukin' useless!
If it's a sports bike with a fairing it ain't going to make any difference one way or the other.

A quick google reveals that the question has been asked elsewhere, in various places, when the question was put to plod they couldn't find a reason for a pull, (assuming no barn door windshield).

Although not completely opaque, (but you couldn't see through it), I had a a purple screen fitted on my KR1S, no one ever batted an eyelid!

FazerRider
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 02:07 - 15 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a FZS 600 fazer, and as you can tell by the question I am completely new to the world of motorbiking, and loving it Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1