Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bandit Turbo.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:37 - 14 Aug 2017    Post subject: [FOR SALE] Bandit Turbo. [FOR SALE] Reply with quote

Bike is a 2001 reg'd (late reg, 99 bike) Bandit 1200 with a Garrett t25/28 hybrid turbo. Runs around 200hp at the back wheel with an incredible slug of torque to go with.

Full spec is:
Stock motor (good, well tested engine).
Garrett GT25/28 hybrid turbo.
Handmade headers/plenum/turbo piping.
38mm external wastegate setup to run many psi's.
MTC lock up clutch.
Barnett kevlar clutch plates + heavy duty spring (unnecessary with the locker, but for peace of mind!)
Pro boost 6" billet swingarm extensions.
Custom braced swingarm.
Dynatek mini coils.
Taylor HT leads.
Heavy duty fuel system consisting of 8mm braided injection hosing, systek 45psi psi pump, large bore fuel filter, malpassi 1-1 rate boost referenced regulator (I.E more boost, more fuel pressure, maintains A/F ratio) and modified carbs running pitots into breathers, 136 mains and strong slider springs.
Fuel supplied by a dual outlet Pingel.
Ram air 5mm vacuum piping.
Ally catch can/crank breather setup.
Clip ons with steering stops and front bodywork modified to match.
Drag specific tie down straps.
50mm lowered in the back.
50mm lowered in front.
fat hump seat (you will not hold on to this with the standard seat!)
Polished rims.
WP 4 way adjustable rear shock.
Alloy fork brace.
Track day rearsets.

Bike has just had an oil change, rear pads, front wheel bearings, new vacuum piping throughout, Taylor HT leads and has been run 260 miles to the Bulldog Bash and back where it returned a 9 second timeslip. Very enjoyable weekend!

https://s24.postimg.org/hk8c67b6d/20170813_084915.jpg

https://s27.postimg.org/zfo5lmwub/20292951_10155557299233485_5777338405674616170_n.jpg

https://s2.postimg.org/n2xfqf0l5/20293036_10155557299733485_289525693030232226_n.jpg

Bike will come with the kit to swap back to high bars should you wish to wheely a lot. With the high bars fitted and the lowering kits removed the bike is a highly capable roadbike with massive performance that will see you hassling stuff you really shouldn't. It is very well tuned and tested, reliable and easy to get along with. I have used it to commute in winter, travel on, sunday scratch and it has never stranded me anywhere. Use the correct oil (only ever run on Fuchs silkolene 10/40 race oil) and premium, high octane pump gas (I.E BP/Shell etc. not supermarket litter) and there is no reason this will not return hilarious performance for years to come with basic maintenance. Basic maintenance being an oil change every 2k and an occasional valve clearance check (performed yearly, never had to adjust!) Fuel mileage on a 85-90mph cruise is only very slightly worse than stock, and much better than my GSX12 with the Dyno stage 3 kit!

Looking for 3.5k quid pounds for the lot. Bike is being sold as I built it to fulfill 2 wishes, one was to have a turbo bike, the other was to run a true 9 second pass on the quarter on a bike I had ridden to the track.

https://s17.postimg.org/kl2c3qb2n/20170813_220406.jpg

I do believe that is job jobbed. Time to move on. PM for more details if interested, but I can assure you this is a true thug turbo bike with the ability to be used every day, run ridiculous speeds and 9 second passes with no fear of reliability issues. Not many can claim that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 228 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1