Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cyclist charged with manslaughter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:17 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Are you telling me cyclists don't get twatted by going kerbside ic cars pulled over to key passengers out?

Fancy a wager on this retard?

I'm the retard? Show me as you described, a car parked up against the kerb. As Ste says it'll be mainly drivers doors, passenger ones are typically people getting out in traffic etc. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0dPGuP2zE
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

haroman666
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:51 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Show me how a car with people getting out in traffic would NOT be parked up against the kerb.

Multiple lanes of traffic waiting for traffic lights...

It has happened to a close family member.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:02 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Quote:
Are you telling me cyclists don't get twatted by going kerbside of cars pulled over to key passengers out?

I'mma need me a paint diagram. You mus' be foolin'.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:15 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:
I'm the retard? Show me as you described, a car parked up against the kerb. As Ste says it'll be mainly drivers doors, passenger ones are typically people getting out in traffic etc. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zI0dPGuP2zE

Show me how a car with people getting out in traffic would NOT be parked up against the kerb.

We can keep going round in circles here, but I've show you several times how even the highway code tells cycles not to overtake on the left.

If it was the driver's door, the cyclist should have normally seen the car park up and be expecting a door to open. Unless of course, the driver parked up, then sat in the car for 10 minutes to wait for the next cyclist to turn up, in order to twat them with his door? Otherwise known as the "Dulwich Reach". Wink

Cars have 3 passenger doors, 2 of which are on the nearside. If a car is pulling over to drop someone off, chances are they will get out of the kerb or nearside, not into live traffic.

Did you not watch the video? You're trying to blame cyclists for getting taken out by doors flying open, if the cars pulled over properly cyclists aren't stupid and will go around it, if someone's getting out in traffic the above will happen.

haroman666 wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Multiple lanes of traffic waiting for traffic lights...

It has happened to a close family member.

Happened to a guy I worked with, he was filtering up the middle on his scooter, and the passenger door of a van flew open.

I've nearly been taken out by a drivers door flying open (whilst cycling), it was some fat retard who flung their door wide open, the kinda person who takes 5 minutes getting out the car. I do avoid door zones but you're sometimes 'forced' into them.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:

if someone's getting out in traffic the above will happen.

Yes, that's the ONE situation where the cyclist could do nothing to stop it. All the other possibilities though....

Down narrow side streets cars often fail to stop, so your choice's a head-on crash or to enter the door zone. As mentioned earlier cars often get frustrated with cyclists staying a safe distance from parked cars, I've seen cyclists getting bullied by other road users, and of course you get inexperienced cyclists not aware of the danger.

Simplest solution would be for people to check their mirror when exiting their vehicle Rolling Eyes

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's not the only solution though is it? The cyclists are often to blame for not following the rules of the road.
The topic of this thread is about a man who killed a pedestrian because he illegally rode a bike with inadequate ability to stop in an emergency.

You can't blame car drivers for that.

But you can the pedestrian Wink It's the same logic; well you should have avoided it. I'd really love to see the CCTV, that would clear up exactly where the cyclist was when she stepped back into his path, and how much time he had.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:20 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I'd really love to see the CCTV, that would clear up exactly where the cyclist was when she stepped back into his path, and how much time he had.

https://i.imgur.com/JYnya7w.gif

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what the police released (can't recall if it was posted earlier): https://metro.co.uk/2017/08/25/police-footage-proves-cyclist-charlie-alliston-would-have-stopped-before-killing-mother-of-two-6877249/

He was a minimum of 6.65 metres (21.8ft) away when he swerved and tried to take evasive action. (from the Guardian article I linked to earlier).

And then what she stepped backwards? So he had a second to react and stop? Eh?

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:57 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
He had NO EFFING BRAKES.
We've already illustrated that's not true.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:59 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
a danger to himself, pedestrians and other road users.

So the same as pedestrians who blindly step into the road?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:36 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
M.C wrote:
This is what the police released (can't recall if it was posted earlier): https://metro.co.uk/2017/08/25/police-footage-proves-cyclist-charlie-alliston-would-have-stopped-before-killing-mother-of-two-6877249/

He was a minimum of 6.65 metres (21.8ft) away when he swerved and tried to take evasive action. (from the Guardian article I linked to earlier).

And then what she stepped backwards? So he had a second to react and stop? Eh?

If he had at least one proper brake fitted as the law requires, he had enough time to at least lower the impact speed.
She may have survived.

What's your reaction time? Do you always cover the brakes?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:09 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the proviso that this doesn't take into account reaction time:
M.C wrote:

I'm assured that it's fake news since an expert defence lawyer explained that reality works the way he says that it works, rather than the way that it works.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:36 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Legally he should have had a proper front brake fitted. If he had one, even if he couldn't avoid the accident, he may have scrubbed off enough speed that the pedestrian wasn't killed.

As it was, without any effective braking system fitted, he didn't even attempt to slow down.

Bold for emphasis. You've really blown your load now. Even if he did have one fitted, wouldn't have mattered a jot if he decided not to use it. So whether or not he had a brake (and like I said above and you must have missed...) he had a brake, it had a fixed rear wheel, which is a brake, even if you don't like it, it's true, and you can't argue, but I know you will, but I'm right, and I love this.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Over to you.

I'm out of ideas.

I've been brought down to your level, and now I'm clearly being beaten with experience.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 12 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this low life cxnt been sentenced yet.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 00:19 - 13 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bets please on whether his sentence will be suspended.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 217 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17