Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cyclist charged with manslaughter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd party insurance for all the things

Cyclists,dogs,children,pedestrians,horse riders

Such responsible

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:26 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
UnknownStuntman wrote:
There already is legislation.
For third party insurance? Not on planet reality there's not.
Of course not for third party insurance, god this is like pulling teeth from rocks.
In your magical world of complete culpability, your blame culture will not just sit with cyclists being insured. You'll have to have insurance for everything. No brakes on spacehoppers, are there. See the figures we just looked at didn't include the carnage created by spacecadets, did they?

There are limits to the madness,. You're describing some kind of totalitarian institute, something like being in NK or some other communist location.

I see more virtue in just not being a cock. Whether on a bike or spacehopper.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:29 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-41279360

See how the need for third party insurance made that incident a lot safer. Rolling Eyes

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:04 - 15 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry couldn't help but notice the name:

Mr McSporran said Pirie lost control of his car
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 12:46 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

18 months in a young offenders institute for the kiddie.

Is this harsh?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? He was 18 at the time, and 20 now.
What's with the young offenders institution?

Anyway, I'm guessing that he's regretting representing himself and being such a remorseless twat throughout the trial.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:13 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's 21 when you move to big boys prison, but don't quote me on that.

I think its probably a little harsh but i haven't seen any cctv of the accident so its impossible to say whether the pedestrian was paying attention when she stepped into the road and if she did infact step backwards into him when he shouted.

If he'd have got legal advice and not been an utter cock then he probably would have faired better.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:22 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
I think its probably a little harsh but i haven't seen any cctv of the accident so its impossible to say whether the pedestrian was paying attention when she stepped into the road and if she did infact step backwards into him when he shouted.

I agree about the cctv but the way this is being reported suggests something isn't quite right. Reporter on the BBC said she froze in-front of him, he chose to swerve rather than stop, and they uggh... collided. What does uggh mean? She stepped back into his path?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:37 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
It's irrelevant. He killed someone whilst riding an illegal vehicle on the road.

Even though his inability to stop wasn't (in all likelihood) a contributing factor to the accident. As I said earlier, smack into someone with your race tinted visor on, I'm sure you'll be happy going to prison for 18 months.

Tankie
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 13:38 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
duhawkz wrote:
I think it's 21 when you move to big boys prison, but don't quote me on that.

If he'd have got legal advice and not been an utter cock then he probably would have faired better.

It's irrelevant. He killed someone whilst riding an illegal vehicle on the road.
18 months in a "young offenders institute" seems quite lenient to be honest. People have received that sort of sentence in a real prison for hurting an ethnic minority's feelings by telling them that they don't like mixed race relationships.

Spot on!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:40 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge Wendy Thomas wrote:
I am satisfied in some part it was this so-called thrill that motivated you to ride without a front brake shouting and swearing at pedestrians to get out of the way.

I have no doubt you are wrong in this. You were an accident waiting to happen.

I imagine Tarquin is finally shedding a tear now, of self pity.

Eh, 9 months in Playstation Jail, it'll build some character.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:45 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:

He really fucked up with the comments he posted on the internets. Laughing

Charlie Alliston wrote in a comment on a news story on the website of the London Evening Standard on February 12, 2016, hours after the collision:
'Hi guys, just though I'd comment on seeing this as I was the cyclist involved. May I just add that in no way whatsoever was this my fault.

'I crossed on a green light, once I saw the pedestrian step foot off of the pavement I shouted to warn her to stop. She acknowledged my presence but proceeded into the road and looked back onto her phone.

'By then I've shouted the second time but she ignored me. Traffic was flowing the opposite way so she stopped dead in the middle of my path, I didn't have enough time to dismount and by the time I have braked I still ended up colliding into her.

'I had no way of going around her, if I would of gone left I would have gone head first into a stationary lorry in its loading bay, if I would of gone right I would have collided into incoming traffic. I feel bad due to the seriousness of her injuries but I can put my hands up and say this was not my fault. I tried to manoeuvre left between her and the lorry but she jumped back a fraction which caused us to collide.

'So for anyone commenting about cyclists jumping reds, being careless or reckless. Please find out what really happened before making judgments, cheers.'

He then wrote a series of posts on the 'London Fixed Gear and Single Speed Forum'. On February 13 he said:

'Hey guys, yeah this was me. The pedestrian stepped off of the pavement and as she did I warned her to stop, she acknowledged me but ignored me and proceeded to go further.

'I'd call it the 'safe zone' as there was a lorry parked in a loading bay which came out quite far. Once she passed that I warned for a second time to pretty much get the fuck outta my way, which she didn't.

'Because traffic was flowing she stopped dead in my path. I didn't have enough time to fully slow down. And if I'd of gone left, I would have gone straight into the back of the lorry, if I would of gone right I would of potentially gone head on into an oncoming vehicle.

'When she got sorta to the lines in the road I thought ok cool she's out of my way, but no. She stepped back into my way and as I said I couldn't have gone round her so I went straight into her.

'We collided pretty hard, out heads hit together, hers went into the floor and ricocheted into mine. It is a pretty serious incident so I wont bother say oh she deserved it, its her fault. yes it is her fault, but no she did not deserve it.

'Hopefully it is a lesson learned on her behalf, it shouldn't of happened like it did but what more can I say. I have several witnesses who jotted down their statements and details who all defended me in the fact there was nothing else I could do.

'She put not only hers, but my life in danger. But as usual theres always the odd w***er that has to blame the cyclist first in whatever way that they can.

'I have not read the comments on here first but on the Evening Standard's article I've already had a lot of s*** from it already. Everyone's always quick to judge and run to help the so called victim but never the other person in the situation, IE me.

'Although I did receive a message via Instagram from one of the girls who attended the scene to help the woman. She fully backed me up, and even went through all of the trouble of emailing the ambulance service and metropolitan police to say that this was genuinely not the cyclists fault.

'Eventually after she got carted away, I had to sit in the van for several hours waiting for an officer to come and take pictures of the situation.

'Even every officer I spoke to admitted that there was nothing I could of done. I'm backed up with CCTV anyway and witness statements.
'But they even all went to check the gap between the parked lorry in the loading bay and the other lane in the road and they all admitted that it was barely enough to go through on a cycle. Let alone there being someone in the way.

'May I also add that I was not recklessly riding, riding fast or in any way shape of form did I not have full control and concentration on the road. It all just happened so fast and even at a slow speed there was nothing I could do.

'I just wished people would stop making judgements on whether or not I could of stopped in time, why I didn't slow down after seeing her step off the pavement or anything else. Until you are put in a situation like that don't even bother.'

On February 14 he wrote on the cycling forum:

'F*** me and my health, I can heal and recover. The bike cannot! Thankfully I was going quite a slow'ish/moderate speed. Plus I skidded too which slowed me down a bit but unfortunately the momentum kept me going. If I'd of been going any faster the frame would of cracked or shattered.

'As the paramedics left the scene the notified me that she was knocked out so they could control her breathing, her Husband was on his way to the hospital but that's all I was told. I asked the officer if I could be updated somehow via e-mail or something, I called up the hospital several times but I still have had not answer.

'The copper said if its bad or anything is taken further I will be notified. If I heard nothing back then she is presumably okay and does not wish to take this further.
'At the end of the day, if you know the flame will hurt you, yet you still proceed to put your hand over it and get burnt. Its your fault, I refused to accept any responsibility in this whatsoever.
'She saw me and acknowledged my presence yet still carried on. Its not my fault people either think they're invincible or just have zero respect for cyclists.

'Traffic was flowing both ways so it isnt like my lane was dead in front and behind for her to think she had a chance to cross, why the fuck did she stop in the middle?

'What makes it worse is that even when people were helping her, her phone was going off continuously with texts which shows that she was on it at the time. If you value your mobile device more than your life, maybe this is the kind of wake up call you need.'

Sauce

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my understanding the maximum sentence was 2 years.

How he did not achieve this, I have no idea.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
white power, white power, white power

Show me where somebody has got 18 months for saying they disagree with mixed race relationships.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

OK...

Quote:
Judge Lynch dropped the C-bomb as she jailed Hennigan for 18 months for insulting a black Caribbean mother....

He told Tanisha Ford: "I don't agree with inter-racial relationships. I like natural" later adding: "I prefer white children".

18 months....

Half a story mpd and you know it.

Hennigan was being sentenced for breaching an Asbo by using racist language towards a Caribbean woman.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:23 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you provide a link to the article

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:37 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which goes to https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/judge-tells-man-youre-bit-8600651

Judge tells man 'you're a bit of a c*** yourself' as she jails him for vile racist insults

Vile John Hennigan also banged on the glass panel of the dock, performed a Nazi salute and twice shouted "Sieg Heil" before starting to sing "Jews gas them all"

A judge stunned a courtroom by using the C-word as she jailed a racist thug.

Vile John Hennigan, 50, was being sentenced by Judge Patricia Lynch QC when he told her she was "a bit of a c***"

But, taking no prisoners, the judge immediately retorted: "You are a bit of a c*** yourself. Being offensive to me doesn't help."

Hennigan shouted back: "Go f*** yourself."

"You too," replied the judge.

Judge Lynch dropped the C-bomb as she jailed Hennigan for 18 months for insulting a black Caribbean mother.

Laughing

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:39 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
duhawkz wrote:
Can you provide a link to the article

Never heard of Google?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/judge-tells-man-youre-bit-8600651

Here's the salient point

Quote:

The court heard Hennigan has 23 convictions for 47 offences, many of them involving Nazi salutes and racist incidents.

The latest offence, committed in his hometown of Harlow, Essex, was his ninth breach of an ASBO banning him from acting in an anti social way or using racist language.

He wasn't jailed for 18 months for saying he didn't agree with mixed race relationships.

He was jailed for 18 months for breaching an ASBO following a string of previous convictions

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:42 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

Come on, ASBO or not, the punishment does not fit the crime when the other goes free.

Irrelevant. You made a statement, and when called on it you backed it up with half a story where the full story didn't support your views; and now called on that, you're dragging the thread off onto tit-for-tat white versus non-white sentencing tosh.

So, did someone get 18 months for saying they didn't like mixed-race relationships or not? If they did, sauce please.

If not - isn't this a thread about cycling?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 214 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 13 of 17