Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cyclist charged with manslaughter

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spitty racist had a history of schizophrenia and it was noticed his mental heath was in decline prior the offence.

Which probably had some bearing on how he was sentenced, notice he was also sentenced to mental health treatment and assessments

Quote:
Abdulla was sentenced to eight months imprisonment, suspended for 18 months, with rehabilitation and mental health treatment requirements.

I know it doesn't support your bigoted agenda but psychiatric treament for schizo's seems appropriate too me
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:12 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godwin is spinning in his grave.

And he's not even dead yet.

Weird how all of Tarquin's exculpatory witnesses didn't help.

I'd gas him for the crime of repeatedly using "of" instead of "have".

Ooops, of a banana.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be having flesh tunnel #3 stretched out pretty soon. He's quite a pretty boy. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:32 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
That's debatable, he could have locked the front and gone over bars, been able to make a larger swerve or slowed just enough not to kill her, had he been riding a cycle with a working front brake, or even a proper rear brake.

Going by his comments above, it sounded like quite a drawn out affair before he managed to finally hit her. He had time to warn her, wait, then tell her to "get the fuck out of the way!".
Sounds like his cocky attitude and arrogance were the primary cause.

I've said repeatedly that shouting at her probably caused the situation, and was the wrong thing to do. From the stats that have been posted, I don't think I would have even got onto the brakes in time had I not been covering them (~6 metres away or whatever it was when he allegedly swerved), and if I had I dunno how much speed you'd realistically scrub off in that situation.

CCTV would give a definitive answer. If he did swerve (his own comments seem contradictory (even compared to what's reported about the CCTV)) and she step into his path, I maintain my stance. If CCTV emerges of him smacking into a stationary pedestrian, even though that can be quite hard to avoid, I'll change my opinion on the matter.

Inb4 Kim's law.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my old maths teacher, Mr Bolton, came back from jury duty.
Was he guilty sir?
Yeah, you just had to take one look at him you knew he was guilty.
Laughing

He turned up looking like a cocky shit and pretty much sunk himself.

I can't help thinking that it should have been possible to show a reasonable doubt that a front brake would have made any difference given the scenario that's been reported. His real mistake was being so certain of his innocence. If he'd even remotely thought he'd fcked up he would have lawyered up, cried sad tears, and probably not be locked up.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:08 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
He said he skidded. Proper brakes to the front and he may very well have slowed enough to miss her or not kill her.

M6 wheelie boy got 8 months in an adult shower/dropped soap scenario with no kittens hurt.

Lets not get into the fixie argument again shall we? You know full well people have killed bikers and gotten away with it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:32 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were arguing for ages he had no brakes and now you're saying he skidded Rolling Eyes

She killed herself. If you step out infront of a car or motorbike and die you don't blame the driver. And before you start the but he was illegal baww (again), think about all the people riding unrestricted bikes at some point during their riding career, or the people on this forum riding a blade etc. on an A2 license.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:49 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
now you're saying he skidded Rolling Eyes

No, Tarquin said he skidded.

As it turns out, the judge was having none of it, and clearly said so during sentencing.

M.C wrote:
She killed herself.

A court in possession of the whole story thinks otherwise.

But what do they know about the law or the facts?

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:25 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
A court in possession of the whole story thinks otherwise.

But what do they know about the law or the facts?

They know what a practiced and skilled lawyer told them and what numnut Tarquin was able to jabber at them.
I may be wrong, but I've always been under the impression that it's more about telling a story, using facts (real or suggested) to back it up, and whether the other side can pull that story apart and tell a better one.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:47 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
No, Tarquin said he skidded.

As it turns out, the judge was having none of it, and clearly said so during sentencing.

See, I'd have expected an expert would come in the room all polite like and say "Yes M'lady, you can skid a fixie. In fact, Ma'am, I've prepared a video to show you all how you can stop on a fixie pretty quickly indeed. Yes, your lordship, the fact it had no front brakes was absolutely not contributory.

The fact this expert never materialised says more about the character of Tarq than anything else. He is a knob, and he has done the cycling community absolutely no good whatsoever. I hope for that reason he's getting eyed up by big Steve.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:50 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I really can't see why you're so desperate to stick up for this cocky "fuck you" little shit.

UnknownStuntman wrote:
He is a knob, and he has done the cycling community absolutely no good whatsoever. I hope for that reason he's getting eyed up by big Steve.

So that's not really 'sticking up for him', is it? I think he's a cretin, but it's beside the point, so I've not made it.

Here's my point:
mpd72 wrote:
If you step out in front of a car or motorcycle with no legal brakes, you'd blame the driver for not driving a safe and legal vehicle.

Would you? Really?

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:01 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:

Here's my point:
mpd72 wrote:
If you step out in front of a car or motorcycle with no legal brakes, you'd blame the driver for not driving a safe and legal vehicle.

Would you? Really?

No he'd probably blame ethnic minorities

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
https://98ron.superunleaded.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/greek-potato.standard-460x345.gif

It's not that it's difficult to comprehend. It's that you won't admit to being pointless.

She shouldn't have been on the road. If she'd used a crossing point, this would not have happened.

He shouldn't have been on the road. He should have had brakes. The bike didn't meet the required standards for use on the road. There are already laws regarding this.

Even if he did have brakes, he may not have used them (/it), and the net result would likely be the same, based on his character.

Why you want further law, regulation, liability, arguments is absolutely beyond me.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:56 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

duhawkz wrote:
[mpd72 would] probably blame ethnic minorities

Dindu stole his bike brakes?

UnknownStuntman wrote:
She shouldn't have been on the road.

The victim enjoyed the same absolute right to use the public highway as Tarquin, and horsists.

<Nasal whine> Roads weren't built for bicycles. Folded arms </Nasal whine>

mpd72 wrote:
All road users are supposed to be aware of potential hazzards,

Sure, she could have got across this-a-way.

https://images.realclear.com/292053_5_.gif

angryjonny
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
Even if he did have brakes, he may not have used them (/it), and the net result would likely be the same, based on his character.

Why you want further law, regulation, liability, arguments is absolutely beyond me.

It's not *further* law. It's law now. Bike has to have front brake. His didn't.

BMX101 - you can skid for yards and yards if you only use the back brake. Use the front brake and you'll stop before you skid much, if at all. I'd have thought a forum of bikers would know the difference between a front and rear brake and how effective they are.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

angryjonny wrote:
It's not *further* law. It's law now. Bike has to have front brake. His didn't.

I no dat. Dasswhuteyesed, innitbruv.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:13 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
I hope for that reason he's getting eyed up by big Delroy.

FTFY
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 217 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17