BCF: Bike Chat Forums

cheap waterproof over trousers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ted
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 16 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried cheap Screwfix/eBay water proof ones years ago, utter rubbish, usually the seam in the crotch goes, so you get off the other end looking like you've pee'd yourself!

I bought some waterproof bike trousers, oversized so I could get them over work clothes. They were great, but a bit hot in the summer.

I've just bought a pair of non-waterproof ones, as I'm old now and going to be a sunny biker.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:24 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

my army Gortex trousers arrived yesterday.
them seem to be well made and all the seams look to have been sealed properly.

the front dosnt have a button or zip for a fly.
instead it is velcro.

the pockets are just holes to get to your trousers inside.
i will be interested to see how they pan out when it next rains.

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:49 - 22 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a HG 1 piece overall thing... bone dry in that at all times and I can wear whatever gear underneath easily then.

found when I had waterproof jacket and trousers, the water was getting in from my lap and working its way up to make a wet belly patch...

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:27 - 23 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColinK98 wrote:

instead it is velcro.

That doesn't sound right.

The ones I have (and were shown in the picture on the auction I linked to) do not have either a fly or holes for pockets. They have a long, waterproof, zip up either leg, velcro round the ankles and a drawstring waist.

If you bought the ones I linked to and they have a velcro fly and pocket holes, you've been bait and switched. I can only appologise and suggest you return them for a refund as not as described. British army goretex trousers do not have pocket holes.

I wore mine through stair-rod levels of rain at sportsbike speeds for hundreds of miles at the weekend and remained bone dry.

colink98
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 15:17 - 24 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
ColinK98 wrote:

instead it is velcro.

The ones I have (and were shown in the picture on the auction I linked to) do not have either a fly or holes for pockets. They have a long, waterproof, zip up either leg, velcro round the ankles and a drawstring waist.

If you bought the ones I linked to and they have a velcro fly and pocket holes, you've been bait and switched. I can only appologise and suggest you return them for a refund as not as described. British army goretex trousers do not have pocket holes.

I wore mine through stair-rod levels of rain at sportsbike speeds for hundreds of miles at the weekend and remained bone dry.

these are the ones i ordered.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-British-Army-Issue-Trousers-Combat-Multicam-MTP-GoreTex-Waterproof/261467694375?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=560864767443&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

not had a chance to wear them in the wet.
the advert says they are army issues and mentions pockets etc.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:43 - 24 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm. Maybe they do issue those too. They are different to the ones I have.

See how you get on, they'll probably still take a long time to leak. They're very similar to the old Dutch army ones. From the pictures, the material looks a lot more heavy duty than mine. I have a thin, ripstop type fabric.

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:45 - 25 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I've got a set of these ones as well, for the £15 I paid they're easily my best bike gear purchase. Bone dry even in hours of road flooding rain and easy enough to pull on and off over boots with the full leg zip.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2