Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBR 125 2007 Wont start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

JaniHun123
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:51 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: CBR 125 2007 Wont start Reply with quote

Hello guys.
Today i decided to check my air filter and i wanted to take the fuel tank off. After i seen that things on the bottom of the tank i just said, okay, i dont care put it back on.. One of the hoses were came off, i was putting it back in place. After i put everything back as it was, tried to start the bike but it cant... I dont know what the problem is. I havent changed anything really, i was putting everything back as it was. Later i was setting a screw near the throttle thing (i think that is the idle screw?), the bike started up for a few seconds and it was cutting off then. For a few times i got the bike to start up but i had to rev it high and if i tried to rev it more it was cutting off. After a few tries i cant even start the bike. Right now i cant start the bike, the battery is flat already... I've tried bump starting it but cant..
Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edit: I think its fuel injected by the way. There is a thing on the left side of the tank, there is something on the right side and the 2 hoses. If i seen it correctly these hoses are going next to the exhaust, nothing on their ends..

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 19 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I could read suggests you did not put everything as it was. Tank off, start again. Wink

If it's fuel injected, then there should be a fuel pump = check the pump is working (noise, vibration). If it's not, then you possibly knocked out the power lead to it.

You might also pinched the fuel line.

JaniHun123
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:05 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
All I could read suggests you did not put everything as it was. Tank off, start again. Wink

If it's fuel injected, then there should be a fuel pump = check the pump is working (noise, vibration). If it's not, then you possibly knocked out the power lead to it.

You might also pinched the fuel line.

Thanks for the fast answer. I took it apart again and seen one of the hoses came down while putting it together.. Today when i woke up looked if everything is fine, it looks like it is now.
I have to get a battery charger and charge my battery and see if it works.

I'll update as soon as i got the charger and tried it.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:00 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: CBR 125 2007 Wont start Reply with quote

JaniHun123 wrote:
Hello guys.
Later i was setting a screw near the throttle thing (i think that is the idle screw?), the bike started up for a few seconds and it was cutting off then

FFS, I'm all for people having a go at fixing things for themselves but playing with a screw because it is there when you don't know it's function is plain stupid.

Look at it this way, you have now inputted another variable. Before you could say 'I didn't change anything', now you can't. Was it likely to be said screw when it hasn't been touched and the bike worked perfectly well before?

Please think before you fiddle, mechanical stuff is logical, not Harry Potter crap.

Rant over.

JaniHun123
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 15:15 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tested it but still doesnt start.. no idea.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:30 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaniHun123 wrote:
I've tested it but still doesnt start.. no idea.

Let's asume you did not mess up the mixture, idle speed, or what ever screw you were fidling with.

1) Do you have spark?
2) Do you have fuel and does it get to the injector?
3) Does it have a killswitch (rocker switch on the handlebar, the sidestand, gearswitch...)

Make a video of what it does, when you try to start the engine. It's going to be something silly, easy to fix. I still think you messed up the hoses, there are vacume lines, fuel lines,... electrict leads... Which tells me, are the spark plug cap and spark lead seated properly? There has got to be something you messed up, now it's just a question of finding it.

IF all fails, tell us your location and a local BCF member might come by and have a look at it. Thumbs Up

JaniHun123
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:13 - 20 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have changed my spark plug and had to buy a battery charger. Charged it like 3 times while the bike started working. My vacuum hose was repaired before (i dont know who did it because i bought the bike second hand) and when i lifted the tank up, the hose snapped at the repaired place. (an old hose from the engine was connected to the new one somehow). I've taken the old hose off and connected just the newer one. This was the whole problem, the vacuum hose came off Very Happy really. Now its running very nice, even my shifter is better (idk why). I was setting the fuel mixture screw not the idle screw. Now its all set up properly. Thanks for the help guys and i hope this will help someone one day who has the same problem!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 241 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1