16%
 16%  [ 12 ]
Go on Jeremy Kyle c**t
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 75

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Do you get on with your family? Reply with quote

Something I've been mulling over for a while, I'm curious how people feel about their siblings, parents, maybe children if they're old enough to have decided whether they hate you or not. I know a few people estranged from a relative, even to the point of someone who lives at home but doesn't talk with his siblings (it's not me... honest Laughing).

I see it as you're very different people, and you're meant to somehow get along, and stay in contact because you share blood. The only relative I feel an affinity to is my Dad, cos he made an effort to keep in contact when I was a kid, driving a long way to see me etc. Although he's stopped talking to the rest of his family, and I think he's starting to do the same to me. I also wonder if we have an ok relationship because we've never lived together, as we're very different people and TBH more than a week in his company is challenging.

The rest of my family I couldn't really give a shit about. Am I a heartless bastard? Very Happy

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do you get on with your family?

In small doses.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicked Jeremy Kyle as that's what my family are like; realised that's probably not what you intended.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:28 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Clicked Jeremy Kyle as that's what my family are like; realised that's probably not what you intended.

I always give a call him a c**t option in my polls, as this is BCF after all Smile

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love some, tolerate some, avoid some.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parents and sibling I love, Few I tolerate in small doses. some I am ambivalent to, the rest i actively avoid.

Just because we are related by blood, is a tough one. In many cases they are brought up very differently, in a different place and therefore, have a very different set of values, opinions and points of reference, often resulting in having very little in common.

Im not saying i would pull them all out of a burning building, but I would rather spend my time doing nearly anything other than spending any prolonged time with most of them.

Last edited by Tracer1234 on 23:16 - 28 Aug 2017; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:52 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my family

After the other years events we are now very close

DRZ4Hunned
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 28 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love my family, parents have been there through thick and thin for me no matter what trouble I got into. I even drive 250 mile round trip to see them every fortnight as I feel guilty leaving it any longer Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an old fart there are non of my elders left, just my kids and grandkids (New one arrived yesterday...'Hello Luca'

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/21034286_10156623027310329_2317675384551764302_n.jpg?oh=96e4c15897b7990ca42554659fa63833&oe=5A5CE0CC Wub

My Mum didn't last much past my 18th and looking back I wasn't the best son to her. In my defence at that age I reckon most men/boys are selfish bastards.

In the time honoured tradition of wishing things could be different, I wish I had been closer to her then. You don't think they are going to die so young (55) and you regret so much when they are gone.

C'est la vie

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:45 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm part of a massive clan eg. +30 cousins on my Dad's side so odds are some I will want to stab some.

kick 1 we all limp.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

New one arrived yesterday...'Hello Luca'

Congratulations matey. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:21 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

As well as I get on with any other insignificant meat robots.

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

wife and child... love them dearly.

the mess I was born into... they must have stolen me from somewhere because I can relate to them as much as I can relate to a deep sea fish with a light-up face

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocatoro wrote:
wife and child... love them dearly.

the mess I was born into... they must have stolen me from somewhere because I can relate to them as much as I can relate to a deep sea fish with a light-up face

Well the wife you choose so you kinda hope you won't pick a total twunt Very Happy The kid... how old? Thinking Parent/child relationships are interesting, as arguably there's love there which ebbs away in some cases. With siblings I guess it's more normal not to get along in some respects, as you're competing (in a way) for affection/attention as kids.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 18:33 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Bastard is convinced that I'm the reincarnation of Frank Spencer, the eldest bastard never gets off his arse, the little bastard is responsible for my chronic lack of sleep and how the middle bastard hasn't been put up for adoption yet is, quite frankly, amazing.

All in all, a normal, loving family unit....

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:40 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

Well the wife you choose so you kinda hope you won't pick a total twunt Very Happy The kid... how old? Thinking Parent/child relationships are interesting, as arguably there's love there which ebbs away in some cases.

he's just over 1 and a half... so no problems yet. I'm sure one day he'll drive me to despair with his antics and 5 grand car insurance, but for now... he's a good'un.

still trying to decide if i'm one of those bastard hypocrite parents who doesn't let their kid have a bike or not

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 29 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocatoro wrote:
he's just over 1 and a half... so no problems yet.

Wait until he turns 2 Whistle

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:33 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, the older they get the crankier* they get

*when i say crankier what i really mean is totally fucking mental

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Mum, Dad, Sis and her kids over the BH. Was in London for other reasons and thought I'd better show my face as it's
been a year or so since I saw them all. After an hour of bedlam I was done. See you all next year. Hand

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:34 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get on better with them because I live 12,000 miles away from most of them.

Am only just back on speaking terms with the Mother, still very wary of that fucking minx. Am planning to "hold her to account" (again) in the foreseeable on current and future family arrangements now that my younger sister has some serious health concerns. THAT should be interesting!

Meantime what's left of "the Italians" continue to do my nut in on a regular basis over here Rolling Eyes

I'd like it if I was more geographically closer to Anita, who stung me for 500 bucks this morning, the mare Laughing #bankofmum ... so I guess we're still doing okay. Wub

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Was in London

*sulking*

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:44 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
*sulking*

I genuinely thought about you as well Jen. I stayed at the illustrious and opulent Moby Dick in Marks Gate. Naturally I insisted
on a room that overlooks the Crazy Golf course, the Disneyland of Dagenham Laughing and our night out (I brought a Bristol
friend along) and the reason for my visit took place in Rayleigh. Next time I'm coming down, I'll get in touch and you and me
can go out for some cakes or something. You are right at the top of my list of BCFers I'd like to meet.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:11 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get on well with all mine, always have. My wife's family get on ok but they are chalk and cheese compared to mine. We can meet up for dinner, play a few games and laugh all evening, whereas my wife's family see each other a few times a year and the conversation is forced and fairly materialistic.

I make a big effort for my son to see his great Gran and Grandparents, as I think it's really important. There are some 2nd cousins who we don't see that often, but will happily catch up with at xmas etc.

I genuinely can't understand how people can fall out and not speak to each other for years. It's alien to me, but of course each family is different. There are down sides to having a close family, such as my wife not liking the fact that I visit my parents every week or two.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baffler186 wrote:
I genuinely can't understand how people can fall out and not speak to each other for years. It's alien to me, but of course each family is different.

I think there can be an event which causes family members to fall out, but also there can be an underlying resentment, as families can be very supportive or very destructive.

The only way I can describe it is that you hang out of friends you have a good time with, and who you feel better after seeing. I think a lot of people find their family the complete opposite, and reach the point when they don't bother anymore.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:21 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have time for my own offspring and their children.
Mum and Dad are long gone and of all my siblings, I only see my brother now and then.
I'm there if I'm absolutely needed but otherwise there's no contact at all.
I blame the constant one-upmanship, bickering and jealousy which preoccupied my sisters many years ago.
Shame for such a large family to not be one but I'm really not bitter, I just get on with my own shizzle.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 212 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2