Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Xbox One removable/portable hard drive

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:54 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Xbox One removable/portable hard drive Reply with quote

I'm currently using a 1TB WD Passport drive that's nearly full, what I don't like about it is it has a really bright blinking LED (I know I can cover it up), but also if you turn the mains off then on the drive starts and stays spinning (even though the console's turned off) Confused It means I have to keep the drive unplugged, I'd like something I can plug-in round the back and forget about.

So basically I'm after a 2TB+ drive that doesn't do that Razz Any recommendations?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 10:29 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It''l be still spinning because the USB port is powered when the console is off/stand by. There may be an option in settings to turn this off.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
It''l be still spinning because the USB port is powered when the console is off/stand by. There may be an option in settings to turn this off.

this, look under power settings on the console, you can make it turn off completely rather than standby, takes a bit longer to boot up but should turn the drive off

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:14 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my PS4 actually has an option to just turn the power to the port off in stand by.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:59 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I think my PS4 actually has an option to just turn the power to the port off in stand by.

yep, looks like same option on xbox under power settings > turn off storage when xbox is off

https://windowsitpro.com/site-files/windowsitpro.com/files/uploads/2016/06/20/xboxonepower.jpg

if that's on and not working it may be a compatibility issue with the drive like you said

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:15 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried that before but it seems to be a 'feature' of the drive, same thing happens if it's plugged into the PC and I turn the power off/on at the plug.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 212 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1