Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

equifax removal of default, anyone?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:07 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: equifax removal of default, anyone? Reply with quote

had a default removed off my credit score using equifax and it wasnt showing on my credit report around 8 hours after they said it was removed, check today around a week later and its showing on there again...

normal?

GSTEEL32
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 22:43 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The input into equifax, and people like experion, are generally fed by external credit providers. As such, they take different times updating their feed.

I would let it wash out over 2 to 3 months before doing something about it.

Defaults are treated differently, not so much on the outstanding balance, but more the time period that has elapsed since.....

Unless your being evaluated for a mortgage, I doubt it'll be significant on your score, assuming your not massively leveraged up with those online £500 quid loan people.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:26 - 30 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSTEEL32 wrote:
assuming your not massively leveraged up with those online £500 quid loan people.

Whistle

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:52 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
GSTEEL32 wrote:
assuming your not massively leveraged up with those online £500 quid loan people.

Whistle

£50 wonga but theyre all gravy Laughing Laughing

saying that since my default was removed my score skyrocketed from very poor to very good

Sapolsky
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 08:21 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: equifax removal of default, anyone? Reply with quote

CrippleTron wrote:
had a default removed off my credit score using equifax and it wasnt showing on my credit report around 8 hours after they said it was removed, check today around a week later and its showing on there again...

normal?

yeah, I had this after vodatwats fucked up my billing and my credit rating in one go (how dare I see the light within my 14 day cooling off period...)

After 6 months of lengthy phone calls and eventually filing a report with the ombudsman they decided to wipe it all off. It did take a while to show on equifax, vodafone said it had definitely gone though. Make sure you hit the "get a new credit report" button or whatever the fuck it is, no idea why you have to request one every single time. I can't remember the exact timescale, a week or two I think.

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:50 - 31 Aug 2017    Post subject: Re: equifax removal of default, anyone? Reply with quote

CrippleTron wrote:

normal?

Equifax and experion only show data supplied by the companies in question.

We had (have) an ongoing saga with lloyds who have decided in their wisdom to resurrect a 12 year old bank account in my wife's name and send it into its overdraft by a penny. It sat their accruing charges over a number of years until it went over its limit.

They raised a default against it and it's been taken off more times than AA has moved his goalposts.

Each month that it's removed - they simply send the same information back to equifax the following moved so it appears again.

Tl:dr : you need to get it sorted at the source of the default - then it filters through to equifax etc. after a month or two.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 01 Sep 2017    Post subject: Re: equifax removal of default, anyone? Reply with quote

Hawkeye1250FA wrote:
CrippleTron wrote:

normal?

Equifax and experion only show data supplied by the companies in question.

We had (have) an ongoing saga with lloyds who have decided in their wisdom to resurrect a 12 year old bank account in my wife's name and send it into its overdraft by a penny. It sat their accruing charges over a number of years until it went over its limit.

They raised a default against it and it's been taken off more times than AA has moved his goalposts.

Each month that it's removed - they simply send the same information back to equifax the following moved so it appears again.

Tl:dr : you need to get it sorted at the source of the default - then it filters through to equifax etc. after a month or two.

i had almost the same with hsbc, did an account switch over and they "closed" the account but they didnt close it put me in an overdraft and charged me for a few months before banging a default on my record, funnily after 8 months phoning them and threats from them to close my account if i dont pay it (wish they would) they finally closed it and said they will resolve credit score issue.. which they have not done
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 232 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1