Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Building a computer – not my strong suit. Advice sought!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:51 - 22 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pudder wrote:
Considering how many of them there are, its worth learning their language Neutral

It's like people who refer to the whole computer as the CPU. I just walk away Folded arms

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Should be able to get a free copy of windows through uni. MSDNAA.

Or use Windows loader, just be sure you get the 'legit' version as there are dodgy copies about. Stupidly downloaded one myself Rolling Eyes

Tigerlea
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:51 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update!

I've gotten a laptop. It's not got quite all the features I wanted (no optical drive for example) but it's not too bad. In the end, with the features I wanted in a laptop (so I could freelance) I got a 'gaming' laptop. Thinking Apparently they're the only ones with the right system bits in order to run the programs I need with massive optimisation.. Hurrah

In case you're curious:
https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=1RJ99EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB&lang=en-GB&gclid=Cj0KCQjwvOzOBRDGARIsAICjxofPuVBy-Br8QxiW7_Mu-bEyLx1Izk0DRSgHBgj7f3XKSwlb9QfXCh4aAqLgEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJf59sL_49YCFcuG7Qod9PIF9A

Got it on a handy student discount.

Will still be building a desktop further down the line, but at least I can put that off for now until I have a bit of extra money!!

Thanks for all the advice re: processor, memory, etc.
It seriously helped a lot!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2