Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Tthe £1000 phone arrives (almost)...................

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Sload
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:09 - 17 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
Found the vegan Apple fanboi.

They always out themselves Laughing

grr666 wrote:
Yet amusingly you'll see airheads walking down the street with these phones almost completely oblivious of their
surroundings and the fact that they are walking along with essentially £500 quid (man in pub prices) loosely held
in their hand. You can't really blame the yutes for nicking them, it must be like shooting fish in a barrel. I'm amazed
more of them aren't run over tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cznepJAbyg

jnw010 wrote:
Oh no wait, that's why I've never owned an apple product and hopefully never will. And Steve Jobs was a cnut. Bill Burr did a great bit on that. Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3s-qZsjK8I

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:
Parents are on the apple train so i get handmedowns. Just picked up the Iphone6.. I love it. Does everything I need it to.

Fair enough. I expect for many people these days its the other way round, the parents / grandparents are the ones that get the hand me down phones.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 27 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

B0ndy wrote:
You know they can't do much more with smartphones when they're advertising turning your face into a moving emoji poop is a feature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4Xl4hPEV80
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It always seems the devices are designed to slow down as they age. With apple, this tends to be following an update to the OS.
I've got an iphone 4 that I use purely for music (+dock) in my garage and it's gettings slower and slower and slower. I tend to use spotify and youtube on it. No new apps installed and no real content to be indexed.
I still like them though, but as other have said, the phone needs to have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Due to this, my next upgrade won't be an iphone.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
It always seems the devices are designed to slow down as they age. With apple, this tends to be following an update to the OS.

Yeah the phones dont slow down, the OS slows down as it bloats.

Apple need to sort their lives out and allow lite versions of their newest OS's to be installed on older devices. rather than make people believe their phone is slowing down. It just isn't true.

There was even talk of them purposefully making older phones slower to push the upgrade.

Android phones on the other hand have releases that are specifically designed for their phone model. If a new version wont run nice, the older version stays put, ensuring your phone never 'slows down'.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
I've got an iphone 4 that I use purely for music (+dock) in my garage and it's gettings slower and slower and slower. I tend to use spotify and youtube on it. No new apps installed and no real content to be indexed.
I still like them though, but as other have said, the phone needs to have a standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Due to this, my next upgrade won't be an iphone.

Why do you update it? Eh? I agree apple shouldn't push updates out to older devices but they do it to get a piece of the budget market, and also people get upset when their device doesn't support the latest o/s.

Pjay wrote:
Android phones on the other hand have releases that are specifically designed for their phone model. If a new version wont run nice, the older version stays put, ensuring your phone never 'slows down'.

I realise I'm starting something here Smile but I've not found that to be the case. I left my android tablet on an old O/S, even stopped downloading/updating apps/adding content and it slowed to an absolute crawl*. Eventually I had to go out and buy a new tablet. iOS devices if you leave them on an old O/S seem to perform the same.

*found the same with other android phones/tablets in the family.

Disclaimer: not a fanboy of either, I own both.

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:07 - 05 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piss poor article, looks like he simply copied & pasted it from an American Android fan site, but...

https://metro.co.uk/2017/10/04/iphone-8-devices-are-bursting-open-when-theyre-put-on-charge-6977761/
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3