Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Smidsy. C'mon! (audio and paint)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:04 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Smidsy. C'mon! (audio and paint) Reply with quote

So Crashed this morning.

Driver merged into my lane from left to right. Low speed 20mph. I'm sorry, I didn't see you.

On the day I decide to not use the helmet camera. Great. But I have him admitting changing lanes on video.

I'm okay, knee hurts. However bike is potatoed though.

https://i.imgur.com/A2wSq1W.jpg

Last edited by drbaig on 20:30 - 05 Sep 2017; edited 2 times in total

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Re: Smidsy. C'mon! Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:
So Crashed this morning.

Driver merged into my lane from left to right. Low speed 20mph. I'm sorry, I didn't see you.

On the day I decide to not use the helmet camera. Great. But I have him admitting changing lanes on video.

I'm okay, knee hurts. However bike is potatoed though.

https://imgur.com/a/zxwB8

Look forward to Paint Diagram and photos in spill counter. Glad your not mash potato though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:06 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks.

A Dozy Driver nearly took me out last night, he pulled out of a side road right in front of me. I managed to stop in time (wasn't going fast, luckily), but gave him such a fright he stalled the car, blocking the road. He got in a right fucking panic.

Some people must just buy their fucking licences. Remember to screw his insurance for everything you can get.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hard to see the damage in the pic, won't it buff out?

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:24 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Don't think it will buff out.

Front fairing is in pieces. Engine bean cover is broke. Handlebar is bent

Exhaust is broke. Forks are twisted I think.

And I am getting an oil leak from somewhere. Most likely the bean cover.

I have the guy admitting liability on video. Don't know how much weight that holds.

Paint diagram below.

https://i.imgur.com/Oh2Uuwz.png

Audio

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1uAQREwPbqC

I reported it to my insurance. Don't know if it is better to deal with the third party's car insurance directly.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:
Laughing

Don't think it will buff out.

Front fairing is in pieces. Engine bean cover is broke. Handlebar is bent

Exhaust is broke. Forks are twisted I think.

And I am getting an oil leak from somewhere. Most likely the bean cover.

I have the guy admitting liability on video. Don't know how much weight that holds.

Paint diagram below.

https://i.imgur.com/Oh2Uuwz.png

Audio

https://vocaroo.com/i/s1uAQREwPbqC

I reported it to my insurance. Don't know if it is better to deal with the third party's car insurance directly.

From that short clip, the guy seems pretty genuine. So hopefully he will just admit responsibility to his insurance company. When I had my off, the guy admitted it and it all went through, somewhat hassle free. Dosen't stop it all being a royal pain in the ass, but makes is a bit easier to deal with.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:17 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:

From that short clip, the guy seems pretty genuine. So hopefully he will just admit responsibility to his insurance company. When I had my off, the guy admitted it and it all went through, somewhat hassle free. Dosen't stop it all being a royal pain in the ass, but makes is a bit easier to deal with.

He straight away apologised and I was very calm. Last crash I was very close to punching the bish in the face because she was hurling abuse at me.

Honestly, I do not want to fleece him. Injury wise, I got checked out an AE and no breaks. Only ligament damage, so will be painful for a week I suppose. Gear is all good surprisingly, so that is also good.

The only thing that is in bad condition is the bike. And I probably could fix that if I was up for it.

So this could be settled as a potential low cost claim if there was no heel dragging. But insurance companies are wankers.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:33 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:
I reported it to my insurance.

Why?

drbaig wrote:
Don't know if it is better to deal with the third party's car insurance directly.

Yes.

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:46 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
drbaig wrote:
I reported it to my insurance.

Why? Because I am a potato.

drbaig wrote:
Don't know if it is better to deal with the third party's car insurance directly.

Yes.

How does one go about doing this ?

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 21:48 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get his insurance details.

Insist he's crashed into you. Get him to agree. Job jobbed.

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:53 - 05 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Would this suffice ? https://vocaroo.com/i/s1uAQREwPbqC

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:13 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Well not quite. There's still the obvious issue of you offering a bag of chips for the carcass.

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 09:45 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, spoke to the third party insurance and obviously as I thought. Denying liability.

Oh its gonna be a long drawn out process.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:
Well, spoke to the third party insurance and obviously as I thought. Denying liability.

did you tell them you have a recording of him admitting liability or does that come later?

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:15 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

vice wrote:
drbaig wrote:

did you tell them you have a recording of him admitting liability or does that come later?

Yeah I did, and their response was yeah but he's denied any fault to us. You should contact your insurance company for your claim.

I'm wondering if I should go with rider support again. But they are only interested if there is an injury claim.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

claim for your injury. If the @rsew!pe has decided he wants to lie about it then don't feel bad when you pull out all the stops. F*k that guy.

Did you take any pictures at the scene?

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

call rider support asap!

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:34 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompousporcupine wrote:
claim for your injury. If the @rsew!pe has decided he wants to lie about it then don't feel bad when you pull out all the stops. F*k that guy.

I didn't take any pictures. I was completely out of it, dazed and in shock. I have a short video of which the audio I uploaded.

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:
pompousporcupine wrote:

I didn't take any pictures. I was completely out of it, dazed and in shock. I have a short video of which the audio I uploaded.

I listened to it and he admits fault, but i would imagine it would be difficult to prove that its him without his mug on video saying it.

Did anyone stop as a witness? Perhaps check if there is any cctv in the area that would have caught the lot on film

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:58 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompousporcupine wrote:

I listened to it and he admits fault, but i would imagine it would be difficult to prove that its him without his mug on video saying it.

Did anyone stop as a witness? Perhaps check if there is any cctv in the area that would have caught the lot on film

Yeah it does not have his face. That's the first thing my mate said it does not have his face.

No, no witnesses. Everybody was gone by the time I was checked out in the ambulance. There is a bp petrol station on the other side of the carriageway but I don't know if it would have captured anything.

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:29 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:

Well, I stand corrected. Now, go all out to screw the guy.

BTTD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:33 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the guy denying it, or is his insurance company doing a standard brush off? I get the impression that every insurance companies first response is "go away, claim off your own insurance".

drbaig
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 11:44 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnw010 wrote:
Is the guy denying it, or is his insurance company doing a standard brush off? I get the impression that every insurance companies first response is "go away, claim off your own insurance".

They "his insurance" (hastings) said the guy has denied liability. And therefore I should contact my insurance for a claim.

I have another video, it is 9 minutes long. Parts of it are blacked out because my phone was on the floor. I re-watched it all to realise I was in clear shock as I sound drunk and can't think clearly. It only has a glimpse of the guy's face. But there is enough evidence to establish that he was the driver. He also admits it to another guy, but blames my filtering. Although I wasn't filtering. I was in the right lane in moving traffic.

MCE is being absolutely useless which I kind of know because of their reviews. Also I am insured third party so they seem even less interested. Claim handling is done by a company called plantec. They were supposed to call me today which they still have not.

I am seriously thinking about sacking all this off and going with white dalton or rider support.

I had to take the day off from work today as my knee is quite painful. Got checked out yesterday and it is minor cartilage/ligament damage.

tracks
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:06 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hazard a guess that his insurer may have advised him to deny responsibility.

Good luck and hope you make a full recovery. Shame about the bike Crying or Very sad

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 06 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

drbaig wrote:

Not it is not. Are you professional solicitor who knows how to handle that?

Actually even your insurance is not the best way to handle that.

Because they use some lame paralegals to make the claim for you. Means you will not get the best money here.

The best way is to get proper motorcycle accident claim solicitors.

They know what to do and will get the best possible result for you. And most of them work on no win no fee basis.

Make sure you have witnesses and report the accident to the police.

Good luck.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 205 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3