Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 16 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
RhynoCZ wrote:
I'm going to have to ask you all. Is going to your GP a problem in the UK? Are you considered a Nancy boy for asking a profesional about his opinion?

Yes. We're expected by societal norms to just grin and bear it. Besides there are so many of the worlds lame
sick and lazy being treated by the NHS that you're lucky if you can get an appointment at all. Especially if you're one of the
mugs actually funding it. It's shit enough for me to have made other arrangements at my own extra expense,
so I can be seen when I need to be, and not when and if they can fit me in. Last time I rang GP I was told there were
no available appointments for 8 days.

I was at the quacks yesterday, and heard the receptionist at the desk telling a little old lady "We don't have any appointments, you'll have to call in on Monday when the next lot open up. We'll be booking for October the 9th."

Three fucking weeks - I hope she isn't ill or anything.
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:26 - 16 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pins n' needles seems to have gotten worse-r its the whole of bottom on my foot an feels bigger (i dont think it is actually bigger though)- not painful just feels cold an dead Shocked

luckily i have private medical cover through my work, but i have to get a GP referral before i can see anyone. The thing might have fell off by then
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 16 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There could be a blood flow restriction. Which is nothing to be fecked around with, nerve damage may occur. Wearing something tight?

I had this after my bicycle accident (tl; dr: ripped a lot of meat from my leg right above the ankle; tissue damage + stitching = reduced flow). I was getting the pins & needles and very reduces sensitivity in the foot, from that scar down to my toes. The foot was even turning dark if I was standing for a long period of time. I had to switch to low cut socks as well, to not ''choke'' it even more.
Took years to get sorted, now I'm alright. Didn't switch back to standard/long socks though. Thinking

It could also be that lump of yours, pins & needles with swelling are typical for sepsis.

But then, I might be overreacting. All I went through after my bicycle accident really made me cautious about these things.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 16 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be what is known as a marching fracture would it

Mind you that's pain rather then pins and needles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been prescribed "magic gel" aka ibuprofen gel...an told to come back in 3 weeks after getting an x-ray done Shocked

an when did prescriptions start costing £8.60?!

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
Been prescribed "magic gel" aka ibuprofen gel...an told to come back in 3 weeks after getting an x-ray done Shocked

Always best to check if its cheaper to buy over the counter.

Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:57 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

£4.99

https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/maximum-strength-ibuprofen-10-pain-relief-gel/prd-h88

£1.85

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/default.aspx?id=254989310

Laughing

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the women in boots if the stuff i was getting was anything special, she said "na its just the same as that" an pointed at the Neurofen stuff

I wouldn't mind if they have given me strong stuff, its only 5%!!!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:02 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
mudcow007 wrote:

Always best to check if its cheaper to buy over the counter.

Thumbs Up

Grinds my f'ing gears that. They charge you the prescription cost even though the item's worth less. It's great getting ripped off by the NHS you fund Rolling Eyes

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:17 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:

Move to Wales. I held out a tenner to pay and the pharmacist took great delight in telling me prescriptions are free here. I just wish I need more meds.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:44 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an old fart mine are free in England Dance!

Fucking hell - Cheap insurance, free prescriptions, pension. The Soylent Green squad will be round for me soon. Pale

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 20 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will find it is a strangulated leg nerve caused by a testicle getting twisted around it. Have a good fumble with your nuts and see if you can untangle them.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:06 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up here in The Free State of Crankieland we get free scripts. It's ridiculous as it's not really free and most people would be happy to pay a small admin fee for a script just to help the NHS along. But Fuhrer Sturgeon is convinced it's a slam-dunk vote winner.

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:19 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xray done'd, xray lady seemed to think it was sciatica.

Is that like an old persons lurgy, like alzheimers?

I'm a wee nipper at 34

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:37 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:
You will find it is a strangulated leg nerve caused by a testicle getting twisted around it. Have a good fumble with your nuts and see if you can untangle them.

Best done in Sainsburys while you're deciding what to have for your tea. That'll upset the hoi polloi. Get your own back Very Happy

Sapolsky
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:41 - 21 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
Xray done'd, xray lady seemed to think it was sciatica.

Is that like an old persons lurgy, like alzheimers?

I'm a wee nipper at 34

Back issue.

I prescribe a hot physio and a good helping of JP Sears
https://www.youtube.com/user/AwakenWithJP

I think his tips on Yoga will also help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDLzl-Ozg1A

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 22 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
and pointed at the Neurofen

I can never understand why people buy Nurofen when they can buy generic ibuprofen for about 10% of the price.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2