Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

why does a speed gun reading count as evidence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
JMmichaelson1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:29 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: why does a speed gun reading count as evidence Reply with quote

JMmichaelson1 wrote:
Suppose I'm speeding and an officer stops me and shows me the speed gun reading. why is this proof of my speeding? technically it could be another bike or car couldn't it? why do they allow this be used in court? i'm not saying there's any dishonest officers or anything but it should strictly rely on something which doesn't depend on the integrity of the officer shouldn't it so i'm alright with speed cameras, officers who record plate while matching speed of the speeder etc...
but speed guns? nah

So, if a copper walked into court and said 'I arrested this gent because he was slapping his missus round the head', would you accept that it's a done deal?

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: why does a speed gun reading count as evidence Reply with quote

JMmichaelson1 wrote:
Suppose I'm speeding and an officer stops me and shows me the speed gun reading. why is this proof of my speeding?

It's proof because the officer has used the speed gun to measure your speed and it's recorded on the display.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:13 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't speed if scared. Simple.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
JMmichaelson1 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:03 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: why does a speed gun reading count as evidence Reply with quote

JMmichaelson1 wrote:
I would accept their judgement call in any other part of life

Why?

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:49 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It' snot evidence you've been duped.

All the speed guns sold can be programmed to display any speed.

A policeman showed me one that said 87 in a 60...

I had to fork out £100
And new have Three points.

I wish I had argued my case.

Shocked

Very Happy

tom_e
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:43 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the professional opinion of a couple of coppers can land you in court for speeding, they don't even need a speed readout.

Now whether it sticks or not is another matter but it's enough to get you in front of an old bloke wearing a wig at least.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:48 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I'll be declining to look at the next one. It cannot possibly help your case, and effectively turns you into a witness against yourself.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:17 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure they still need corroboration in Scotland so the word of one policeman isn't enough. (unless you're fool enough to own up to it, they get a lot that way).

So move to a more civilised country.

turningCircle
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:32 - 01 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: why does a speed gun reading count as evidence Reply with quote

JMmichaelson1 wrote:
Suppose I'm speeding and an officer stops me and shows me the speed gun reading. why is this proof of my speeding? technically it could be another bike or car couldn't it? why do they allow this be used in court? i'm not saying there's any dishonest officers or anything but it should strictly rely on something which doesn't depend on the integrity of the officer shouldn't it so i'm alright with speed cameras, officers who record plate while matching speed of the speeder etc...
but speed guns? nah

Plenty of things in law depend on the integrity of the officer. That's why they take an oath, are vetted and are expected to have high levels of integrity. If you don't think they did it, there is a process in place for appeals. If you did, plead guilty and accept your punishment.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:34 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: why does a speed gun reading count as evidence Reply with quote

turningCircle wrote:

the integrity of the officer. That's why they take an oath, are vetted and are expected to have high levels of integrity. .

Integrity, ha that's a laugh, never come across one with that quality yet.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:38 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: why does a speed gun reading count as evidence Reply with quote

turningCircle wrote:
there is a process in place for appeals.

Coppers are judge and jury, you say? Thinking

Falco
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:13 - 02 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
FWIW, I'll be declining to look at the next one. It cannot possibly help your case, and effectively turns you into a witness against yourself.

I'd say this is true in a more general sense when dealing with the police as well. Every interaction with an officer is chance for more grief, I'd stick to doing what you are obliged to (by law) and staying nice and polite (they like that.Police)

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel disappointed that none of us called sock earlier Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:15 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracer1234 wrote:
I feel disappointed that none of us called sock earlier Sad

Problem is the more he posts, the more I have against my harassment case, so it's his undoing Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:34 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
the more I have against my harassment case

U wot?

Is this what CaNaA was rage-twitching about last week? Did he actually run to the rozzers?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 15:54 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, he just tried to register another account but since I caught it on his first post, he's been nuked and ought to be IP banned now (This option also deletes all content they've previously posted and banhammers from space. If I'd used it previously, this thread would have disappeared).

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheelimgonnafyouup wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Well, he just tried to register another account but since I caught it on his first post, he's been nuked and ought to be IP banned now

erm well i just made another one... so...are you sure????
psyche lol
guys it was lordsiddius who he banned and deleted the post of. poor sod
he's so confused right now Laughing Laughing lolololololololol
he can't figure it out Laughing Laughing

stinkwheel im serious tho stop messing with me especially when i'm trying so hard so so hard to act normal with every new account or the real doxxing of Paddy Newman begins. Deal?

I thought you said how much you didnt like this site anyway and how crap it is? So why are you trying so very hard to come back? Its coming across as a little obsessed. You ok hun?

Tracer1234
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 03 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes a very good question. i wonder why that could be ???Thinking Thinking
Thinking

If its just to get back at people, then you need a new hobby...

and professional help.

Commuter_Tim
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:54 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ste were Mod people like this guy would be banned so fast a bot couldn't compete.
Ste could just refocus 10% of the attention for Aarons and the task would be accomplished post-haste.

Well, there is an equal possibility said people would just get a lot of guys calling round with pizza and calls from Duke Nukem.
We won't know until we spin the roulette wheel of misfortune. Thinking

I ride a Bandit 600... badly.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 02:15 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fucking piece of shit.

The attention for Aarons is automated. Wink

Why does OP have an obsession with Paddy?

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:27 - 04 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I'm a vindictive sociopath who believes actions must have consequences.

You mean like speeding? Or leaving a half dismantled motorcycle lying on its side on a pavement? Or threatening a member of bcf?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 200 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2