Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

looking at a new cg based project.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell
View previous topic : View next topic  

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:01 - 18 Sep 2017    Post subject: looking at a new cg based project. Reply with quote

https://s26.postimg.org/vi4p5rq4p/20170911_163145.jpg

This is a very rough mock up, but entire rear subframe removed, rear engine mount cut down, looking at a direct link monoshock setup on a braced arm. The seat unit is a cut down Harley mudguard. Tank is a Hartford chinese jobby, same used on the old cafe racer.

https://s26.postimg.org/hfryi9zid/10665743_10152658972488485_6706282045387475936_n.jpg

https://s26.postimg.org/w091d3uh1/11133820_10153204747333485_1163619706870612143_n.jpg

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:50 - 19 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now this looks interesting! Thumbs Up

A cantilever monoshock CG project that looks like it'll weigh fuck all too. I think they look better as cafe racers than Street scramblers or flat track racers IMO.

Now please tell us that this one is going to get lots of engine work and tasty go faster bits? Laughing

As a sensible minimum I'd like to think your about to bung on a 150cc kit, flow the head and fit a big flat slide carb. But my twisted inner mind says cams, high compression piston for race fuel, or if not a big blower a fuck off huge nitrous bottle hung off the side.

We need to see one with Moar power please!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:03 - 20 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, from my calculating and researchfermocating a Grom msx shock would be the perfect length and weighting for a bike like this. This means all the tasty aftermarket shocks made for them will fit. The swingarm will be a total one off with the brace designed into the arm from the get go. Have not ruled out producing the arm from aluminium to save weight.

Power is as yet undecided. I very much want to run a larger twin in it for some punch. Building the standard motor as a fun project has also crossed my mind though. With a cam, porting and flowing of the head, larger valves and a bore job I don't see why 15/16hp at the rear wheel from a 150cc cg would be that far out of the equation. That would be enough to push a flyweight cg to the other side of 80 mph quite happily, my cg cafe gps'd 71mph on the flat screaming it's tits off on a stock motor with a big carb.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 182 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1