Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


CBR600F - WOW!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Doobrey
Nova Slayer



Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 29 Dec 2004    Post subject: CBR600F - WOW! Reply with quote

Guys,

Just had my first ride on a sports 600...and OMG! I nearly poo'd my pants. This thing goes up to 14k revs, I decided to take it up to about 6K and bottled, changed gear.

How different is a CB500 compared to a Honda CBR600!

Doobs
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:36 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the colour black? and the colour white?

Well, then imagine the CBR is black and the CB is white.

The CB500 puts out less than half the power of a CBR. Not to mention it has 2 cylinders less. And weighs more. And has narrower tyres. And twin shock rear suspension. And no fairing.

I could go on. But you get my point.

Mark
____________________
Past: Honda NSR125R >> Kawasaki ER-5a2 >> Kawasaki ZZR-600e1 >> Suzuki GSXR-750Y >> Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
"Chickity China the Chinese Chicken..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

kaillum
Nova Slayer



Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:12 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing yeah.. the CBR6 can be a bit of a beast when you compare it to a 500... imagine my surpise, passed my DAS on a CB500, (at the time I owned a de-restricted RS125) day after I went and traded my RS for a CBR6FX!
First day I scared myself stupid lifting the front wheel away from every set of lights without even trying..

Its taken me 2 months to get it up to the red line in anything other than 1st!! and the acceleration can still put a worried grin on my face!!

Roll on the summer!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Yannic
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 09 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:36 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBR6 is the daddy!

You've just got to keep reminding yourself to take it easy.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Doobrey
Nova Slayer



Joined: 26 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:54 - 30 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed on a CB500 that was burgndy in colour..

The CBR600, which I have just bought today (Photo in photo section!) is yellow and black.

It is so fast man, I really considered whether or not I should be riding...(me a bit scared you see!)

Doobs.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:44 - 31 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was like that after I passed my test on a Yamamahaha SR 125 and got onto my ER-5 I was thinking...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee My god this is fun, and now am thinking "cant this thing go any faster" which yes its can if I took the restriction kit off it but alas I am 19 and had my licence just over a month so not a good idea!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AcIdBuRnZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:44 - 31 Dec 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crack one off before you go out - should help get rid of some testosterone and calm you down a bit Wink
____________________
Past: Honda NSR125R >> Kawasaki ER-5a2 >> Kawasaki ZZR-600e1 >> Suzuki GSXR-750Y >> Honda VTR 1000 Firestorm
"Chickity China the Chinese Chicken..."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 21 years, 278 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.44 - MySQL Queries: 14 - Page Size: 53.35 Kb