Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Let's keep track of those trade deals

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:28 - 24 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
Having read that link, it's clearly not a "trade" deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=European_Union_free_trade_agreements&action=edit

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:47 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Sunday Labour were discussiong free movement of people post Brexit. Not only retaining it but actually enhancing it.
Blatantly ignoring the fact that that's why most people voted to come out of the EU.
As has been said, had the vote gone the other way it would have long since died down by now, but democracy these days is that when we get an anti-snowflake result we have to keep trying to overturn it.
Talking of which, Indy Ref 2 may well be dead and buried, but it will be back!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdlxxvi wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
Pointless thread surely, while we're part of the EU's common commercial policy, we cant make any new free trade deals with 3rd countries

That's not what they said:

Vote Leave wrote:

If we Vote Leave and take back control, we will gain the power to strike our own trade deals

Are you trying to say we were blatantly lied to by the Great British Independence bringers? 😨

Rob Fzs wrote:

Also, how can we have a trade deal with France/ Germany hen they're part of the same trade bloc?

Are you trying to say that the EU "failed project" is not "doomed" and France, Germany, Italy et al will still belong to it in the next few weeks? 😱

dodsi wrote:
As a snowflake, millennial liberal I am pretty butthurt about Brexit, however it’s probably worth knowing your audience and know that these types of threads just wont fly here.

It's not to please the local beautiful minds; it's just curiosity as to for how long after the game is over there are still diggers out there looking for the hare.

Suntan Sid wrote:
How do you do a deal with two British Military Sovereign Base Area's?

Write one, sign, ratify.
In a nutshell, because British Overseas Territories are not part of UK, they are not currently in EU and need separate agreements to trade with it.

vote leave hijacked a 20 year campaign to leave the EU in the final month before we left, of which there was plenty of support for doing so before the campaign even began, so why would i give a fuck what they had to say?
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:29 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
vote leave hijacked a 20 year campaign to leave the EU in the final month before we left, of which there was plenty of support for doing so before the campaign even began, so why would i give a fuck what they had to say?

Never forget. Establishment soft-i.e.non-Brexiteers largely to a man (and largely men). We were fitted up before we even got to the vote.

Heh, Appeaser Theresa entered my memosphere today. Very apt.

Sapolsky
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 19:21 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always this:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/daniel-tencer/a-canada-uk-trade-deal-should-include-open-borders-for-people_a_23222165/

I'd be up for that, buy myself a nice chunk of Canadian forest and play with bears (the species Ursidae... not the other sapiens kind)

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:42 - 26 Sep 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapolsky wrote:
There's always this:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/daniel-tencer/a-canada-uk-trade-deal-should-include-open-borders-for-people_a_23222165/

I'd be up for that, buy myself a nice chunk of Canadian forest and play with bears (the species Ursidae... not the other sapiens kind)

That article was craftily written to imply Trudeau had spoken of open borders when in fact it was merely the journalist's wish.

Incidentally is anyone else tired of hearing journalists interviewing journalists?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 184 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2