PostPosted: 01:30 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shifty
I don't know what you mean.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I defintely attract weirdos.

And we live in an equal society, it borders on harassmen in theory. Gender roles reversed I'd expect knuckles wrapping, but yeh, we're just meant to enjoy the attention.

Ooh, femenine attention, I am so lucky.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:51 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Wukong wrote:
I defintely attract weirdos.

And we live in an equal society, it borders on harassmen in theory. Gender roles reversed I'd expect knuckles wrapping, but yeh, we're just meant to enjoy the attention.

Ooh, femenine attention, I am so lucky.

Would you prefer Dennis Nilsen?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:51 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tits, gary, then find a new job when you get bored.

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 13:55 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you not just ask them to dial back the behaviour a bit?

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:31 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

nowhere.elysium wrote:
Could you not just ask them to dial back the behaviour a bit?

I will do.

I find my discussions on such things are far more constructive a few days after they have annoyed me.

Still not sure if I will take the job (if I get it).

But legitimate, an office on campus with bed in it, versus 30 minute cycle uphill to my actual dorms. Study and social life available all semester.

I think the night in question she'd had a few drinks and thought I was scared to come in to the main hall and dance, and was "hiding" in the room with the pool table. Rather than enjoying a chilled evening a bit lit with a few blokes I enjoy the company of, and avoiding the social complexity of a room full of freshly arrived foreigners keen to small talk. We addressed that underestimation the next night Laughing

But yeh, strange.

raak
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:04 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe wrote:
Sun Wukong wrote:
And we have another one. A possible future boss and currant course coordinator.
No attempt at preserving her boundaries, forces closeness and then feels that allows childish levels of pushiness. Controlling and coercive, possibly just fancies me and flirting funny, but not pleasant at all Neutral
Had just applied for a fairly cosy job,ultimately managed by her, and now think it would be unwise to accept it.

My fault somehow, but no idea how Neutral

She has gone above and beyond her direct duties for many people many times, and is a great person to have in your corner. I made sure to only show strength around her though, and have not accepted physical charity at all.

Annoying.

Have you tried raisin this with her?

Laughing

asta1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:28 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omega wrote:
It doesn't have to be that black and white. Just stop seeing so much of each other. I tend to see my closer mates once every week or two. They all have annoying bits to their personalities but in small bursts it's just part of the fun. If I had to put up with them daily then something would need to change.

Everyone gets annoying eventually if you're under each others feet all the time.

Very true and possibly worth a try in OP's situation.

Last year I house shared with a Uni course friend who I'd know for about 18months and who I got on well with. Within 6 months of living in close proximity I hated his guts. Tried to stick it out, but a few ill chosen words whilst drunk and by the end of the year we were no longer friends. Shame really as he was a genuinely good mate, plus we share a friend group. Luckily we can still be civil.

Point is, it's probably better to take some distance now and retain the friendship than let it curdle to resentment and lose the friend. Course, if having taken a step back you still think they're a dick, well, just drop 'em and no harm done.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have now sworn that I will accept no more charity from people.

And I just opt out of situations that bother me, like the women borderline harassing me. I opted out of a plan we'd made, and I'm not rushing to get some money she owes me back.

The risk she will appear out of nowhere at parties etc concerns me though... There are certain types of people, and I can feel the toxic attraction in them. It's hard to explain, but I really don't feel comfortable in the same room as her anymore. In just one evening's behaviour.

Trying to cut that feeling without full bridge burning has always been a challenge for me Thinking

Old Git Racing
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you someone lacking in self confidence? You seem to be affected by everyone and anything.
You don't attract any more weirdos than anyone else, everybody gets them be they friends, workmates, family or whatever. You fundamentally can't change anyone to come around to your view of how they should be, the only thing you can change is how you deal with them.
I don't know you or how you should react, wouldn't presume to tell, but my experience is to judge people as a whole person, are they a twat or not? Moral or mental bullying is just fucked right off, If they are being a twat they get told and if they can't deal with that then I can't do anything about it but it won't get in my head.
Fundamentally if a person has decency I will get on with them. They can make mistakes, be weirdos or what. The others I don't even think about, lifes to short.

OGR

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 31 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Git Racing wrote:
but my experience is to judge people as a whole person, are they a twat or not?

Aren't most people? I think if you judged everyone (too harshly) you'd end up having no friends. I admit there are varying levels of twattery, you might be able to handle a level 3 twat for example.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 170 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2