Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

RGB Direct Not Allowing Returns

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fifteen15
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: RGB Direct Not Allowing Returns Reply with quote

Bought some Bose QC35 headphones for £259 a week or so ago. Expensive, but I'm in front of the laptop studying 6 hours a day, then working 6 hours a day, with headphones on most of the time so I don't mind splashing out on something I'm going to get a lot of use out of.

The headphones gave me a headache after 15 minutes of wearing them. I kept trying them on (I really wanted to like them - they're so comfortable!) but every day I'd get a headache almost as soon as I put them on - even with the ANC turned to low. Also I do a lot of video editing and there's a lag between the video and the sound so when people are speaking, the mouth moving is not in sync with the sound making them basically useless for what I need them for.

So I emailed them to return them and they replied with:

"Due to hygienic reasons we are unable to accept the return of the headphones, please view our terms and conditions "

So do I just sell them on eBay and cut my loses? Or am I covered under the Consumer Rights Act?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang on a sec - you're basically telling me you've spent 250 large on a pair of cans so you can listen to your taylor swift mp3s?

Bruv. Mekkin me sad faced smilie one tear dribblin innit.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:26 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distance selling?

However, if you are adamant that you need greatness, don't get wireless bluetooth ones, wired ones will be superior and as close to zero latency as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fifteen15
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:35 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
Hang on a sec - you're basically telling me you've spent 250 large on a pair of cans so you can listen to your taylor swift mp3s?

Bruv. Mekkin me sad faced smilie one tear dribblin innit.

Ey nothing wrong with Taylor Swift what you talking about Mad And I don't have an MP3 player anymore grandad Laughing

Paddy. wrote:
Distance selling?

However, if you are adamant that you need greatness, don't get wireless bluetooth ones, wired ones will be superior and as close to zero latency as possible.

Yeh I'm not bothered about listening to music, it's more the convenience and portability of wireless. And I use them more for video editing. I actually bought some Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC which are far better (for me) because of it's aptX audio so no lag when watching/editing videos.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:42 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifteen15 wrote:
I use them more for video editing. I actually bought some Sennheiser HD 4.50 BTNC which are far better (for me) because of it's aptX audio so no lag when watching/editing videos.

Exactly, so you know there are lag reduction options there, you pay for those.

I admit, the Bose QC are superb, but wireless headphones in an environment that needs zero latency is just a world of shite.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:16 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer The Bastard wrote:
I would have broke them the minute I decided I didn't like them then they would have had no choice but to have them back.

Being a moralfag gets you no where.

As in, return them because they are broken? How would you break them that clearly wouldn't show neglect or purposeful damage?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:24 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: RGB Direct Not Allowing Returns Reply with quote

Fifteen15 wrote:
Or am I covered under the Consumer Rights Act?

Read it and see:

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/contents/enacted

I can't see anything that limits your right to reject (other than for perishable goods).

Regarding their claim that you agreed not to return them, when you bought them, they should have given you a durable statement (i.e. printed or email, not a link to a website) of the terms of sale, including any limitation on the right to reject. I can't recall ever receiving that from any seller of any goods, ever. If they don't say it, they can't enforce it.

You have already rejected them. Their refusal to honour that right should be of little interest to you: instruct your bank or credit card issuer to do a chargeback, no debate.

You could let the seller know that you've done so in case they want to issue a refund and arrange for collection of their goods at their cost, but I wouldn't be too fussed about it.
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:18 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some Sennheiser Game Zero's/Ones.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got MDR-1000X's, which work both wireless and wired. I don't have a single bad word to say about them. Not sure I'll ever buy another pair of over ear headphones.

Doesn't help you though.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:38 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazer The Bastard wrote:
Paddy. wrote:
I would have broke them the minute I decided I didn't like them then they would have had no choice but to have them back.

Being a moralfag gets you no where.

As in, return them because they are broken? How would you break them that clearly wouldn't show neglect or purposeful damage?

Depending on the delivery service I suppose you could maybe claim they were damaged in transit. But having to sign for things sort of implies you're accepting an undamaged item, I suppose. More pertinently, it's all irrelevant cos OP's had them far too long for such shenanigans.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:03 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

But having to sign for things sort of implies you're accepting an undamaged item, I suppose.

No it doesn't, stop talking rubbish.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:05 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
But having to sign for things sort of implies you're accepting an undamaged item, I suppose.

No it doesn't, stop talking rubbish.

Are you implying OP can return the items having in some way - i.e. intentionally or otherwise - damaged them himself, but claim they were delivered that way?

ScaredyCat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:12 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The regs say you can return them. They can't fight the regs. You can return stuff if you don't like the colour let alone giving you a headache.

Do what Roger said. Don't mess about, you gave them a chance, they told you to do one. Chargeback, game over.

Also leave a bad trust pilot review.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 18:34 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you implying OP can return the items having in some way - i.e. intentionally or otherwise - damaged them himself, but claim they were delivered that way?

No I'm pointing that just because you sign for something doesn't imply that the package or the contents are in perfect undamaged condition.

In theory the carrier could present you with a contract and give you time to read and agree to it and then allow you to open and check the contents before you accept the package but that isn't going to happen.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

No I'm pointing that just because you sign for something doesn't imply that the package or the contents are in perfect undamaged condition.

In theory the carrier could present you with a contract and give you time to read and agree to it and then allow you to open and check the contents before you accept the package but that isn't going to happen.

Some points of clarification, then. Do you provide a signature in order to receive the package, or do you give your signature once you have been handed the package? If the latter, is the onus on you to therefore then open the package, inspect - and potentially test - the item before signing their little magic electric screen? Or is providing a signature a complete charade that offers neither the deliverer nor the recipient any useful proof of anything whatsoever? If that's the case, it seems weird that they're all so committed to obtaining a signature.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 20:06 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some points of clarification, then. Do you provide a signature in order to receive the package, or do you give your signature once you have been handed the package? If the latter, is the onus on you to therefore then open the package, inspect - and potentially test - the item before signing their little magic electric screen? Or is providing a signature a complete charade that offers neither the deliverer nor the recipient any useful proof of anything whatsoever? If that's the case, it seems weird that they're all so committed to obtaining a signature.

The signature also known as POD (Proof of Delivery) simply proves you have accepted delivery of something nothing more nothing less.

Why are you overcomplicating signing for a package?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

The signature also known as POD (Proof of Delivery) simply proves you have accepted delivery of something nothing more nothing less.

Why are you overcomplicating signing for a package?

Because when I've asked those who deliver the package why and/or when I have to sign for the package (i.e. before or after they hand it to me, and or because it "proves" I've received the item as described, etc. etc.) I've received a variety of answers over the years. Which has suggested to me that either those delivering the items don't always know, and/or that different companies have different procedures (perhaps depending on the kind of delivery service paid for - such as registered, tracked, secure, etc. etc.).

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because when I've asked those who deliver the package why and/or when I have to sign for the package (i.e. before or after they hand it to me, and or because it "proves" I've received the item as described, etc. etc.) I've received a variety of answers over the years. Which has suggested to me that either those delivering the items don't always know, and/or that different companies have different procedures (perhaps depending on the kind of delivery service paid for - such as registered, tracked, secure, etc. etc.).

Fair answer. Most drivers don't know.

If someone has sent you the package even if for example you paid for it, ie you ordered something and paid for delivery then it is all pretty much irrelevent as the contract is between the sender and the carrier so you cannot be held to anything as you have no contract with the carrier.

Bit more complicated if you have arranged for something to be picked up, you probably agreed to the carriers terms and conditions but chances are you couldn't be held to them in any way shape or form as they would breach the contract before you ever had a chance to.

Think that covers it but do ask if you have any other questions (not actually being sarcastic either) Thumbs Up

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:40 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

From past bulk-stock experience, you're signing purely to say it's arrived, it would be unreasonable to inspect all goods upon delivery. You then raise any damages goods in a reasonable time with the supplier.

I'm not an expert on small deliveries, but I'd imagine that A) sickpup, being a (ex?)courier, is. And B) the procedure is probably the same as for bulk goods, because I don't ever remember seeing a number of goods at which point things change.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:41 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Think that covers it but do ask if you have any other questions (not actually being sarcastic either) Thumbs Up

One thing I don't quite get is, given that the deliverer has no idea what my signature looks like, how do they know if it's me that's actually signing for the package? They obviously can't know. So then, what value or relevance etc. can the signature realistically have? It seems to serve no practical purpose, unless there's some way the deliverer can check the signature's authenticity. This suggests anyone can sign for the delivery, and also that they can claim to be the addressee, and that the deliverer is more or less obliged to hand the package over. I think a lot of people assume the process of signing has some sort of legal status - but if it does it must be pretty flimsy if it's so easy to subvert.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:28 - 09 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exemptions
Sorry, but there are a few items we can't accept returns on such as in headphones, vacuums or Fans.

I'd say they aren't in ear headphones, and you'd still like a refund.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:56 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/returns_and_exchanges.html

"Returns and exchanges
Satisfaction is guaranteed on all Bose® products purchased by consumers directly from Bose. We want you to be thrilled, so if you're not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within the 30-day* trial period for a full refund.
*45 days for L1® systems."

Does that /\ not apply to you?

MattEMulsion
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:03 - 10 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are all over complicating this, a quick google has revealed the simple answer as far as I can see.

Any way you need to act quick, read this: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/i-want-to-return-something-bought-online

Basically if you buy something like this online you have 14 days to change your mind under the Consumer Contracts Regulations and return the item for a full refund.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2