Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Hyosung GT250R wont start!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

manuviswan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:10 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Hyosung GT250R wont start! Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I have got a Hysong GT250R (2007) - Has been in good condition, done around 59,000km so far. Has been regularly used up until two months ago including a full service by authorized dealers after which there's only been very minimal activity - one was a 90km one day ride, and then 3 or 4 small 15km rides. The bike has been well covered preventing it from rain and occasional hail. Now, started the bike two nights ago, took it out - no issues at all. Last night, tried to start again, and then - absolutely no response.

So, I turn on the ignition, lights show up on the display, indicators work, headlights work, horns work, turned off the kill switch, put the bike in neutral, take the side stand off and press the ignition - absolutely nothing happens. tries it in gear, same thing. have got enough petrol in the bike, and the battery is only two years old - and was in really good condition considering the amount of usage its had over the last two years (never gone flat). Now, I tried to push start the bike and after several attempts, it worked - I kept it running for 15 minutes on neutral after which it automatically turned off, and now when I try the ignition again, the same thing - nothing happens.

My bike knowledge is probably of beginner level, but I have heard much about this neutral switch causing issues (due to which sometimes my bike don't recognize am in neutral when it clearly is). Also after the recent service, the mechanic had turned off the side stand switch (the bike would start if it's in gear with the side stand on), and I asked him to turn in on coz I find that safer - he said it might have some issues in future.

I wanna see if I can fix it myself rather than paying 200$ to a mechanic, If you guys can provide some help, point out obvious things that I should check/rule out or redirect me to some articles that can help, it would be amazing. Thanks a lot for your valuable time - much appreciated. (and really sorry for the long post)

Have a nice day.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:07 - 13 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a GT 250 r as well.
In the past I had similar troubles as you are describing.

I suggest you look at the the sidestand switch.
It’s in the lower half of the fairing on the left hand side.
Maybe your mechanic is wise to a known issue.

I disconnected mine and made a loop.

Have you tried pulling the clutch lever in whilst pressing the starter button.

I doubt very much if it is the ecu.
You might have short somewhere?

manuviswan
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 03:04 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man,

thanks for the reply. I think it might be one of the switches. I tried to jump start the bike but doesn't work - as in doesnt even make a noise. absolutely nothing happens. I did try to pull the clutch lever up while doing it (in gear with side stand up and neutral), but as you said if its the side stand switch then probably wouldnt bother turning over the engine as it might be still thinking the side stand is on. Might try the side stand switch thingy. Thanks again.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 189 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1