Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Lexmoto 125cc FMS not starting

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris20c
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:17 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Lexmoto 125cc FMS not starting Reply with quote

Hello guys inam new to the forum and also not really an expert of bike.
I have a problem with my lexmoto 125cc fms.
The bike doesn’t start
When i press the start botton the engine doesn’t start and it makes a noise like it’s struggling to start.
I am thinking that the battery is gone.
Any help here?
Have a look at the video to give you an idea.
Thanks

https://youtu.be/n35sS63eFzA

mudcow007
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

How old is the battery?

if you havent got one, buy a voltmeter. only cheap from ebay or go to toolstation

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/Electrical+Test+Equipment/sd3348/Digital+Multi+Meter/p11867

you need to see what voltage your battery has/ hasnt got
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris20c
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:48 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudcow007 wrote:
How old is the battery?

if you havent got one, buy a voltmeter. only cheap from ebay or go to toolstation

https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Electrical/d190/Electrical+Test+Equipment/sd3348/Digital+Multi+Meter/p11867

you need to see what voltage your battery has/ hasnt got

How does it work? The battery hasn’t been change since 2015.

chris20c
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:29 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really seems the issue is the battery as the light is very low and indicator works but when i put the full light with the high lights the indicator doesn’t work at all

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:36 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replace battery with a fully charged one. See what it's charging at..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a multimeter - just over a fiver on fleabay, a tenner in toolstation, screwfix etc. Brand does not matter for this, you don't need a precision tool, a 10th of a volt is fine.

You want to tset it on Volts DC, that a V with a line over 3 dots, there will be a few within that group, you want it on 20.

Put the red lead in the Volt socket, black one in COM or GND. Tell us what you get on your old battery (Almost certainly toast), and a new battery when you have started the bike and let it idle, and then when revving the bike.

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:38 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a QINGQI QM125-2V (Sinnis Max 2) sat in the shed at the moment (not dissimilar from your bike, maybe made in the same factory), just over two years old when it was dropped off at mine, and the battery was toast. It was a very cheap Chongqing Senchi battery, I suggest you buy a new replacement, preferably not a chinese one!

As you inferred (although didn't say how old it was) that it's not been used much, check over the brake light switches, both had failed on the bike this guy left with me and it's not even done 5000 miles yet (altho difficult to tell, as the odo has failed too!)
https://www.chinesemotorcyclepartsonline.co.uk/partno_YTX7ABSC

Last edited by Stoker on 17:43 - 14 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 17:42 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd buy a multimeter and a battery charger before buying a new battery, and find out why it's run out of electrons.

Stoker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:58 - 14 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree Rog, on my particular example the earth strap from the battery was corroded at the terminal to the frame, the connector with the three yellow wires from the alternator to the reg/rec was fawlty, as was the connector from said reg/rec to battery, which showed about 11.1v after a full charge, settling down to 10. something after moments, and then barely tickling the starter. (which is why I suggested new battery, but, granted, OP's situation might be different, and his cheap, neglected chinese battery might be still capable of stirling service for many years to come)

A multimeter is a great tool for such a small investment, didn't someone here do a guide to using one recently?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 188 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1