Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Escape, Channel 4

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Escape, Channel 4 Reply with quote

Sorry if this is a repost haven't seen anything. Currently on Tv now on channel 4. Basically group of engineers stuck in the jungle with abandoned vehicles they have to scavenge for parts before the water rises and escpae by building a vehicle.

So far it's pretty good. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Last edited by TheSmiler on 20:44 - 15 Oct 2017; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your thread title lack a certain essential punctuation?

Certainly a comma would have been helpful, to restrain my imagination from lurid visions of clawing rabid zombies* and frantic media types screaming their way down Horseferry Road.

*I can feel a theme developing today

TheSmiler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:44 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Certainly a comma would have been helpful, to restrain my imagination from lurid visions of clawing rabid zombies* and frantic media types screaming their way down Horseferry Road.

Hmm maybe, both ends up the same thing. But just for you I'll put one in. Twisted Evil Laughing
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:03 - 15 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have retitled the thread "Escape channel, 4" missed a trick there!

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 10:01 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Friend Ed was in this episode, all is not as it seems, conditions were far worse than they make out and the editing has portrayed a skewed version of the reality.

I had high hopes for the show but it's pretty lame really, very little engineering more survival and hard work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:27 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the first one, utter crap. Token stupid black girl with some degree from Nigeria. Token useless bloke with a sob story. Woman who got the hump when her credentials were questioned. Posh young female aero engineer who said engineering isn't all about getting your hands dirty. Um, yes it is love, when you are stuck in the desert.

Run by committee, don't make me laugh. The only one showing any leadership was shouted down by that so called survival expert.

I'd rather be stuck in a situation like that with a bodger than a so called 'expert'.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:08 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I caught the end of one episode, crashed plane in desert. They spent all week cobbling a body together and "drove" it the 20 miles to the nearest road.

They had food and water, so could have walked out in two days Confused
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
ZX-7R This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Wonko The Sane
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:
I caught the end of one episode, crashed plane in desert. They spent all week cobbling a body together and "drove" it the 20 miles to the nearest road.

apparently they only had 24hrs of ration packs, not the 6 days claimed by the voice over.

With the jungle one, keep an eye on Ed's bandanna, it gets randomly mucky and then clean again showing the cutting together of the show, he never washed it or so he claims

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

apparently they only had 24hrs of ration packs, not the 6 days claimed by the voice over.

OK, so be hungry on day 2 Smile
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:49 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonko The Sane wrote:
The Shaggy D.A. wrote:

With the jungle one, keep an eye on Ed's bandanna, it gets randomly mucky and then clean again showing the cutting together of the show, he never washed it or so he claims

Then they would have been bloody hungry because the were 5 days cobbling that plane together.

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:34 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it might be better to watch some old scrapheap challenge. It's probably still shown on cable too.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 09:32 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish they'd just pick 6 people, give them basic equipment and stick them on an island.

Nothing assistance wise, just basic stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:15 - 23 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm imagining the pitch "So, it's like Big Brother, but with $GIMMICK".

"Yeah, yeah, get us some divas and mouthy slags in there, just be sure you hit our Diversity Quota."

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 26 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't actually watched this, but someone mentioned to me it has Ed March and Austin Vince in it. They've well know RTW bikers and Ed is nowhere near lazy, he's always off on adventures.

Scummy TV producers just warp everything to make the monies..

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 17:02 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant Middleton should have just stuck to making more SAS He Who Dares series. I'm sure there's another one coming but when you have a winning formula, you stick to it.

Although, I did enjoy his re-enactment voyage of captain bligh's mutiny on the bounty and sailing half way round the world on that boat.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:26 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

a bit like dead set?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Set

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 27 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatjames wrote:
Sounds like it might be better to watch some old scrapheap challenge. It's probably still shown on cable too.

Now that is something I would have loved to do, be on Scrapheap challenge.

The programme still pops up every now and again on one of the more obscure channels, Spike or Quest or the like. It's still a good watch. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 154 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1