Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Handlebar Vibration

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 07 Sep 2004    Post subject: Handlebar Vibration Reply with quote

Noticed within the last couple of days, when I brake using the front brakes, I feel a lot of vibration in the handlebars, feels like the front wheel is gonna fall off! Is this likely to be the brake pads or disc? Or could it be something else?

Bike is a 1999 GSX-R600 by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rory
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:15 - 07 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you haven't got ABS (Wink) then if you're feeling pulsing through the lever, it could be warped discs. See if you can get the front wheel of the ground, spin the wheel and see if the discs run "true". If it's vibration through the bars, it could be numerous things; wheel, tyres, tyres pressures, forks...

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 07 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cheers, i'll give that a go, if its not warped then at least thats 1 thing i can rule out!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Claud 14.7 to 1
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 07 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't those SRAD Gixers (especially the 750) have a reputation for the disks warping?

Anyway, thats the first thing i'd think of, given the situation.

I think I saw some new disks on Ebay not long ago. Make sure you find out first though. Check pads/capliers as well. Make sure nothing funny is going on.

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 07 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get any vibration in the brake lever, thought you would with warped brakes? could be loose headstock?

Smoto Bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 07 Sep 2004    Post subject: bike Reply with quote

i dought mikes got the disk's hot enough to warp them Laughing check the head stock ect, make sure all the brake bolts are done up and the axil nut ect.

and,.... FIX THE DAMN throttle Shocked Laughing

we can have a gander at it when you come to kill spills on sat Thumbs Up

Rory
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 18:57 - 07 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might hear a clicking sound when braking if your headstock's loose. Check that your wheel (rim) is balanced too.

MikeyC
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 08 Sep 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

smoto, you can check it for me, you know what your looking for Wink Whats going on Saturday then?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 19 years, 228 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1