Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Equifax - You've Been H4x0r3d

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 15:44 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Equifax - You've Been H4x0r3d Reply with quote

Anyone had one of these letters?

Just received one today to let me know that my shit was breached in May 2017 and they just thought I should know... you know, just incase the hackers have been using my details for 6 months Middle Finger

Luckily, I'm not a total noob and was already aware of this but still, something about it all makes me mad that a company who offers credit monitoring and fraud prevention monitoring has been hacked and the hackers most likely using all that lovely information to do the exact things they are "supposed" to have been protecting me against?

CaNsA
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those not in the know:-

Equifax is the global leader in storing/handling and selling data about everyone ever.
All data about everything.

Equifax gets mega hacked.
Equifax gets mega hacked again.
Equifax realises that they have no money because stock mega dropped.
US Gov assign the IRS data handling contract to Equifax, a bailout made to look like not a bailout. The contract wasn't even put out to tender, it was just given to Equifax.
Equifax website gets hacked.
IRS pull contract from Equifax.

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:21 - 16 Oct 2017    Post subject: Re: Equifax - You've Been H4x0r3d Reply with quote

Jayy wrote:
Anyone had one of these letters?

Just received one today to let me know that my shit was breached in May 2017 and they just thought I should know... you know, just incase the hackers have been using my details for 6 months Middle Finger

Luckily, I'm not a total noob and was already aware of this but still, something about it all makes me mad that a company who offers credit monitoring and fraud prevention monitoring has been hacked and the hackers most likely using all that lovely information to do the exact things they are "supposed" to have been protecting me against?

I rememebr recently reading they were going to contact 700,000 people in the UK, who have had more than just their name and date of birth stolen/leaked. I guess you're one of the lucky 700,000

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 00:38 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears I was one of the lucky ones...

Uploaded the letter here if anyone wants to see it

https://imgur.com/a/TpUNl

Their "Web Defend" service helps me set up alerts if someone uses my details fraudulently... can I set up an alert if someone has breached my service defending me from the frauds?

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 00:55 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get why everybody's worried, if the hacker had the monies said hacker could of paid for the info. Instead now the hacker can sell the info for half the price of Equifax and get rich.
Now to see if Equifax had any info on me and then get mad and ask for monies.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:34 - 17 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same letter, do we get free monies now?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1