Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

A Brexit related challenge for you...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:02 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Give a child a sweetie and tell them to save it for when they are really hungry? Aint going to work.

Depends on your definition of "work". I have no problem with the grasshopper starving in winter.

Removing that evolutionary pressure makes us no better than... equatorials.

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:36 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Chalky. wrote:
TLDR

People voted out because:

- Buttfuck hurt that they're above 40, life hasn't turned out how they wanted and need someone to blame

- Too stupid to realise the way world economics work

- Stuck in the 60s when we were an industrial nation and not a tertiary nation

- Don't like immigrants and love the NHS (which is a beautiful oxymoron)

- Ingerland init

Typical patronising Snowflake response to losing the vote.

You just can't accept that you lost and maybe, just maybe, intelligent people voted to leave the EU for carefully thought out intelligent reasons.

A lot of people don't like the way the EU is heading to a Federal super state and this isn't just in the UK either.

MPD72... 1972... now 45 years old...

You've won option number 1 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chalky. wrote:

- Buttfuck hurt that they're above 40, life hasn't turned out how they wanted and need someone to blame

- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:45 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Chalky. wrote:

Or they don't like the way the EU is dragging us into a multicultural liberal authoritarian federal state and want out?

Crazy idea, but maybe people above 40 have more life experience than you? Idea

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF YOU BEING BUTTFUCKED NUMBER 1 Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:51 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Chalky. wrote:

Or they don't like the way the EU is dragging us into a multicultural liberal authoritarian federal state and want out?

Crazy idea, but maybe people above 40 have more life experience than you? Idea

Maybe others, yeah. But your 'life experience' consists of a job sitting behind a desk playing with computers (and no doubt yourself). Reading the Daily Heil does not count as like experience.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:22 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:
I try and get poles into my houses where possible, significantly better than scumbag Brits.

How many do you fit in?

Chalky. wrote:
TLDR

- Ingerland init

I don't think I fit into any of those, can you come up with some more?

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:52 - 20 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Chalky. wrote:
I try and get poles into my houses where possible, significantly better than scumbag Brits.

How many do you fit in?

Chalky. wrote:
TLDR

- Ingerland init

Nor do I. Laughing It also defeated the Borg. Can Chalky go one better?

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:03 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Chalky. wrote:

How many do you fit in?

Chalky. wrote:
TLDR

- Ingerland init

Sorry, I missed one...

This is for the internet anarchist, the man who will not be told what to do by anyone unless it's in real life.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/11/a8/67/11a86714d84b473c4c44c0df6bda0f1f--lol-funny-pictures-funniest-pictures.jpg

You don't want to be governed by those bastards in Brussels. You don't like them because they're not democratic enough, too corrupt, and shouldn't have a say in your existence, blah blah blah.

But are they any worse than our home grown politician ball bags? Do you really have a say in what goes on here? The whole lot of them are filth and EU/no EU makes no difference in that respect.

So why stay in? Because life is going to be a lot more expensive out of the EU whether it's due to tariffs, currency or basic supply and demand.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:22 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:
You don't want to be governed by those bastards in Brussels. You don't like them because they're not democratic enough, too corrupt, and shouldn't have a say in your existence, blah blah blah.

But are they any worse than our home grown politician ball bags?

Yes. Yes, they are.

My Westminster vote has in principle a small chance of influencing the makeup of the government. It's a very, very small chance indeed given my constituency, but the question you posed is one of degree, and it still trumps my influence in Brussels.

Critically, I can run for parliament myself and try and do a better job. Super-critically, if I got in, I could personally initiate legislation, with no more qualification than the approbation of the proles.

When it comes to Brussels, my votes count for far, far less. 27/28ths of the Commission, the body that actually matters, are completely outwith my influence. The remaining 1/28th is an appointed, not elected, apparatchik. If I wanted to initiate legislation, I'd first have to climb the greasy pole of party politics and then nosh off Theresa May to get the job.

I can vote for an MEP, but the EU "parliament" is farcical democracy theatre. Unlike Westminster MPs, no MEP can initiate legislation. It all comes from the Commission. This is a critical distinction, and reduces the "parliament" to a rubber-stamping body who can only say no until they say yes.

So in terms of degree, Brussels is worse than Westminster.

And here's the thing: it's in addition to Westminster. Oh, and Holyrood for me. And my local Council who are (nearly) as corrupt as they come (outside of Tower Hamlets).

Four snouts in the trough are not better than three. Or two, one, or none.

The less government we have, the happier I'll be.

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Chalky. wrote:

But are they any worse than our home grown politician ball bags?

Yes. Yes, they are.

My Westminster vote has in principle a small chance of influencing the makeup of the government. It's a very, very small chance indeed given my constituency, but the question you posed is one of degree, and it still trumps my influence in Brussels.

Critically, I can run for parliament myself and try and do a better job. Super-critically, if I got in, I could personally initiate legislation, with no more qualification than the approbation of the proles.

When it comes to Brussels, my votes count for far, far less. 27/28ths of the Commission, the body that actually matters, are completely outwith my influence. The remaining 1/28th is an appointed, not elected, apparatchik. If I wanted to initiate legislation, I'd first have to climb the greasy pole of party politics and then nosh off Theresa May to get the job.

I can vote for an MEP, but the EU "parliament" is farcical democracy theatre. Unlike Westminster MPs, no MEP can initiate legislation. It all comes from the Commission. This is a critical distinction, and reduces the "parliament" to a rubber-stamping body who can only say no until they say yes.

So in terms of degree, Brussels is worse than Westminster.

And here's the thing: it's in addition to Westminster. Oh, and Holyrood for me. And my local Council who are (nearly) as corrupt as they come (outside of Tower Hamlets).

Four snouts in the trough are not better than three. Or two, one, or none.

The less government we have, the happier I'll be.

So we've got fuck all influence in real terms, but you're prepared to pay a significant sum to have a little bit less fuck all influence?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:54 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:

So we've got fuck all influence in real terms, but you're prepared to pay a significant sum to have a little bit less fuck all influence?

Sum for what Adam? stuff we would have to be pay for like Visa's ourselves,EHIC, customs co-op, the EEA contributors of the single market do not pay in to the main EU budget and thus, don't pay a massive fee like do currently, this pay no say bollocks was debunked ages ago, we've got bugger all say over the Euro zone , Alot of the Eu reg's that are now made, are copy and pasted from UNECE and ISO, the EU even copy and pasted abit on Glyphosate straight from Monsanto's papers --https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/sep/15/eu-report-on-weedkiller-safety-copied-text-from-monsanto-study

Independent policy making in the areas of trade, aid, agriculture, fisheries, home & justice, defense & foreign affairs = more sovereignty, the only way you get a better crop of politicians, is by forcing them to know their brief, of which while they farm everything out to the Eu, they needn't bother.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:55 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
So with regards to the single market, why wouldn't this work then?

As we're a net EU importer, we will take more in tariffs from EU companies importing to the UK, than UK companies will pay exporting to the EU.

OK, so if we put the import tariffs into a government fund and used this fund to pay export tariffs to the EU for companies, owned by and operated from the UK, these companies would be no worse off than if they were in the single market. In fact, they would have a competitive edge on their EU rivals.

The fund would also generate a small profit on the tariff surplus due to the UK's trade deficit with the EU, so this could be used to fund the scheme. Think of it like a reverse VAT charge.

So, why would this not work all the time we import more than we export with the EU?

Single market has sweet FA to do with Tariffs, Norway is in the Single market and it has tarrifs on EU agri goods going in to it's country.

Why you're obsessed wit the government taking in more revenue idk, this won't pay for the shoppers extra tariffs
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:31 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:

I have no say in whether we pay to escape, or how much.

Ouch, stabbed with your own point.

Oh, if you're going to parrot the Project Fear squawking points again about how Brexit will mean instant, inevitable and eternal perjury, I think we've heard them quite enough.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:38 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this where we 'take back control™'?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Chalky. wrote:

I have no say in whether we pay to escape, or how much.

Ouch, stabbed with your own point.

Oh, if you're going to parrot the Project Fear squawking points again about how Brexit will mean instant, inevitable and eternal perjury, I think we've heard them quite enough.

Depends what it is, if its a no deal fuck up, we're doomed, but a 'deal' can be made and a different relationship created where we get what we want with the compromises sovereignty involve

If we no deal, we'd just end up with Corbyn and either no brexit, or an associate member relationship which would probably restrict most things we do
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:42 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:

Would you rather our politicans carry on debating crap about what thing to ban next, Trump, smoking, ecigs etc

Or would you rather they're forced to debate trade, foreign relations as part of this trade and facilitating trade via foreign aid
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

Would you rather our politicans carry on debating crap about what thing to ban next, Trump, smoking, ecigs etc

Or would you rather they're forced to debate trade, foreign relations as part of this trade and facilitating trade via foreign aid

I'd rather them actually do something, rather than standing about mass debating.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:53 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
So with regards to the single market, why wouldn't this work then?

As we're a net EU importer, we will take more in tariffs from EU companies importing to the UK, than UK companies will pay exporting to the EU.

OK, so if we put the import tariffs into a government fund and used this fund to pay export tariffs to the EU for companies, owned by and operated from the UK, these companies would be no worse off than if they were in the single market. In fact, they would have a competitive edge on their EU rivals.

The fund would also generate a small profit on the tariff surplus due to the UK's trade deficit with the EU, so this could be used to fund the scheme. Think of it like a reverse VAT charge.

Anyone?

He's blocked everyone that would reply to this Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather them actually do something, rather than standing about mass debating.

Democracy yo
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
mpd72 wrote:

Anyone?

He's blocked everyone that would reply to this Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Blocked anyone with a modicum of sense, who exposed him for the nonce he really is.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:11 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather [politicians] actually do something, rather than standing about mass debating.

I generally prefer when they do nothing, since they rarely make things better.

Best of all is them shuffling into the dole queue private sector.

The only good politician is the absence of a politician.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
I'd rather [politicians] actually do something, rather than standing about mass debating.

I generally prefer when they do nothing, since they rarely make things better.

Best of all is them shuffling into the dole queue private sector.

The only good politician is the absence of a politician.

And taking jobs from people who actually could be capable of doing the role, whilst simultaneously corrupting the parliamentary process for financial gain?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:47 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

And taking jobs from people who actually could be capable of doing the role, whilst simultaneously corrupting the parliamentary process for financial gain?

Wut?

No politicians, no problems.

Fewer is better.

I won't miss our MEPs, or worry about how they pay the mortgage. Nor our commissioner and its staff, nor anyone who was making their living out of the EU swill trough. Oooh, all those propaganda-quangos having their funding dry up. Dance!

Better that they're on the dole than being paid more for actively thinking up ways to prohibit and punish.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 160 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6