Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:
Sorry, I missed one...

This is for the internet anarchist, the man who will not be told what to do by anyone unless it's in real life.

Nope. Try again...

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:45 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
And taking jobs from people who actually could be capable of doing the role, whilst simultaneously corrupting the parliamentary process for financial gain?

Wut?

No politicians, no problems.

Fewer is better.

I won't miss our MEPs, or worry about how they pay the mortgage. Nor our commissioner and its staff, nor anyone who was making their living out of the EU swill trough. Oooh, all those propaganda-quangos having their funding dry up. Dance!

Better that they're on the dole than being paid more for actively thinking up ways to prohibit and punish.

Oooooooooooooooooh

I was referring to MP's, not MEPs.

Yeah, throw the lot of them on community service. Now that would be appropriate, and ironic at the same time.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:14 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a way that we can rid ourselves of Westminster as well, I'm all ears.

I mean, other than Scootch independence.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 21 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
If there's a way that we can rid ourselves of Westminster as well, I'm all ears.

I mean, other than Scootch independence.

Then you'll need your own politico pisspots to run the show, because you mortals can't be trusted to behave rationally.

Just what type of fools are you? Laughing

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 22 Oct 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help guys.

I had to keep it to 3 minutes, and still ran to 7 when a Nigerian student rather innocently said "If it's going so badly, why not just have the vote again."

Mr. Green

I was quite proud of me "It depends what type of democracy you want to have..." response.

But what hit it home for all the people cracking jokes about Brexit was a large 2 year graph showing GBP to EUR. The audience somehow managed to work out when we voted out LaughingBrick Wall

Anyway, cheers for getting me back up to speed on it. Favours owed.

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:16 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Chalky. wrote:

So we've got fuck all influence in real terms, but you're prepared to pay a significant sum to have a little bit less fuck all influence?

Sum for what Adam? stuff we would have to be pay for like Visa's ourselves,EHIC, customs co-op, the EEA contributors of the single market do not pay in to the main EU budget and thus, don't pay a massive fee like do currently, this pay no say bollocks was debunked ages ago, we've got bugger all say over the Euro zone , Alot of the Eu reg's that are now made, are copy and pasted from UNECE and ISO, the EU even copy and pasted abit on Glyphosate straight from Monsanto's papers --https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/sep/15/eu-report-on-weedkiller-safety-copied-text-from-monsanto-study

Independent policy making in the areas of trade, aid, agriculture, fisheries, home & justice, defense & foreign affairs = more sovereignty, the only way you get a better crop of politicians, is by forcing them to know their brief, of which while they farm everything out to the Eu, they needn't bother.

Sum as in we have very little primary industry left, so the weakness of the pound is costing us money. I buy about £600,000 worth of goods from abroad a month and the increase we're paying is staggering.

Our policies will still have to adhere to the rules of those we are looking to export to. I also think we bent over and took EU legislation up the arse when so many others just ignored it.

On the flip side, I fully understand the emotions for wanting to be out. The fewer politicians the better, in my ideal world it would be every man for himself.

Chalky.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:18 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
So with regards to the single market, why wouldn't this work then?

As we're a net EU importer, we will take more in tariffs from EU companies importing to the UK, than UK companies will pay exporting to the EU.

OK, so if we put the import tariffs into a government fund and used this fund to pay export tariffs to the EU for companies, owned by and operated from the UK, these companies would be no worse off than if they were in the single market. In fact, they would have a competitive edge on their EU rivals.

The fund would also generate a small profit on the tariff surplus due to the UK's trade deficit with the EU, so this could be used to fund the scheme. Think of it like a reverse VAT charge.

So, why would this not work all the time we import more than we export with the EU?

Fuck me you're thick.

Sun Wukong
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 15 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:

Fuck me you're thick.

Care to expand on that statement? Not with ad hominem, but actually dissecting the idea?

For the lolz.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6